Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
Onto Initiation in the Vampire Beach series by Alex Duvall. The only reason I'm reading it is because I'll take me about an hour and it's part of the same book. I really don't like it when everything worthwhile that happens in a book happens within the last 3 chapters. Blech. It's the OC with fangs, man. And pussy fangs at that.

Skye Jules

March 15th: Issue 1 release
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been able to read anything lately! But I'll know I want to before I re-write Kairos Angel. I find that reading books helps me keep my sentences varied, and I don't have to think as hard for varied sentences.

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. This one is certain not to fail like Vampire Beach did. Granted I didn't go into that expecting much and while the writing wasn't half bad, the story just sucked. No pun intended.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Being Nikki by Meg Cabot. Meg Cabot is amazing.

Skye Jules

March 15th: Issue 1 release
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I just bought The Naming, but I'm going to wait until I'm done with Kairos Angel to read it.

Amynta

Registered
Reaction score
Website
catherine-haines.com
Winter of Fire by Sherryl Jordan.

It's even more amazing than I remembered (read it last in 2002, been looking for a copy ever since). So sad something this amazing has gone out of print.

Aprincess4ever83

Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading Vampire Academy. Taking me a while to get into. I don't know how I feel about the main character just yet. Before this, I finished Ellen Hopkin's Tricks. HIGHLY Highly recommended it.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
My copy of The Shifter arrived yesterday so I'm going to start reading that on my commute into work tomorrow. Apparently it was written by someone on these boards - doubtless one of those ruckus-causing posters ... ;)

MM

half.jaded

Gone insane. Be right back.
Registered
Reaction score
Underground, trying to bomb the headquarters of ev
I'm finishing The Devouring by Simon Holt.

It's not as scary as the reviews say it is, but it's kind of cool in a creepy way. Towards the end there is something that I think is supposed to be a twist but I didn't get surprised. Kind of expected it, actually. >>"

I'm hoping to get a new book for my birthday though. ^^ Rather, new books. xD

Ton Lew Lepsnaci

A WIP
Registered
Reaction score
The pain merchants (US edition: The shifter) by Janice Hardy. But the book really sucks because my son stole it from me and now I lost my book and my son and he's been unresponsive ever since he got into it :) Seriously, it's a terrific read.

Ton.

Last edited:

Ctairo

Why Isn't IGNORE Available in RL?
Registered
Reaction score
Jellicoe Road. I continue my tradition of skipping the prologue and the jacket blurb, which means I have no idea what the book's about. I'm curious enough to keep reading--always a good sign.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
Finished Speak last night. This is the first book that has made me cry in a very long time.

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
I'm moving on to Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater. I thought Lament was superfluous and inauthentic to the age of the characters. I'm about a chapter and a half into Ballad and I still feel that way.

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 5 chapters into Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and about halfway through Dreamshaper by J.W. Crawford, both are absolutely fantastic. Wish I could just put one of them down so I could concentrate on the other. But it hasn't happened yet! Guess I'm glad thankful it's been a 3 day weekend!!

~*Kate*~

brings the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katehart.net
Finished A Certain Slant of Light and read Flight by Sherman Alexie. Didn't like the latter as much as Absolutely True Diary but it was a good read.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
Read Living Dead Girl over the weekend. I only got halfway through by Sunday night and then had a nightmare about it. Seriously, I dreamed I was the girl and had turned evil like Ray in the book. It was freaky. I finished it this morning because I felt that I needed to know the ending so I don't dream about it again.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. I thought the beginning was a little slow, and I'm not sure if I like the poetic style in some places.

PamHarris81

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Edgy Book Suggestions

Hello! I'm completely new to the YA scene (although I have read the Twilight series--does that count?), and I'm diving in cannon-ball style instead of taking baby steps. I'm considering changing my latest WIP into YA based on the suggestions of a respectable agent, but I'm not sure if it's the right fit for me. I thought that my novel may be too inappropriate for the YA crowd, but I've been hearing that YA is now getting edgier. I would LOVE if anyone could give me some suggestions on dark, YA novels--the darker, the better. I just want to see how far I can push the envelope. Please check me out at See Pam Write, See Pam Run for your input. I need all the help I can get, and I'm a huge fan of this forum! :Shrug:

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Ruined: A Novel by Paula Morris.

Curses, New Orleans, and ghosts. Should be a fun read.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished HUSH,HUSH by Becca Fitzpatrick, which I absolutely loved. I definitely recommend

Melissa_Marr

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melissa-marr.com
Just posted my reads in the blog, so figured I'd add here too. In the past couple weeks, I've read (& enjoyed) The Splendor Falls (Rosemary Clement-Moore), Bad Girls Don't Die (K Alender), & Paranormalcy (K White, in ARC still).

Status
Not open for further replies.