Not open for further replies.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I just finished re-reading Looking For Alaska by John Green. I still think it's my favourite. I just started re-reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green.

ex_machina

Enjoy the show.
Registered
Reaction score
Girl of Fire and Thorns for the second time. So excited for the next one!

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
Halfway through The Disenchantments. I'm enjoying it, but I think I probably would be enjoying it more if I hadn't read so many road trip/rocker type stories last year. It's just not packing the punch I want it to, though I feel so so sorry for the MC.

Nakhlasmoke

yes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cathellisen.com
I'm about half-way through Leah Bobet's Above. And so far, so in love. *swoons*

*This* is what YA is capable of being - it's up on my list with Slice of Cherry and Chime.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
I love Slice of Cherry :)

I finished Tw3nty B0y Summ3r (wow is all I can say - how did I not read this before?), and am now reading and laughing along with Violet in M0stly G00d G!rls - what a VOICE!! Has anyone else read it?

Seth?

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Battle Royale for about the millionth time. Still one of my favorites. :D

-Seth

deborahlea

queen of wandering
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deborah-bryan.com
Above is on my to-read list. It sounds like it's about time to bump it up!

I'm reading Don't Breathe A Word by Holly Cupala at the moment. I started about a half-dozen books on Sunday, but this was the one that took.

Winterturn

Scribble, scribble.
Registered
Reaction score
After a couple of months not reading any YA, I read Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore last week, which I really enjoyed. I'm now rereading Fire which I love even more.

Arclight

The Dragon's Daughter
Registered
Reaction score
Read Looking for Alaska, and loved it to bits. It got rid of the sour taste of Firelight and Vanish (I haven't read more than 50 pages and probably will never finish it).

I'm going to try City of Lost Souls. I hated City of Fallen Angels, but Cassandra Clare won me back with The Clockwork Prince.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Revived by Cat Patrick. It was a quick read and an interesting concept, although I thought it kind of dragged in the middle. The end was great, but I wanted more of that tension.

Switching gears now to Stephen King's 11/22/63, so that will probably keep me occupied for a while.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
Started Masque of the Red Death by our very lovely Bethany Griffin. Great atmosphere. So dark and haunting.

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON atm, not blown away but it's still good. Not as good as LFA by John Green, though.

Also recently finished: TORN by Cat Clarke, DEADLY COOL, DRIVE BY, and I re-read THE SUMMER OF SKINNY-DIPPING.

The_Ink_Goddess

we're gonna make it out of the fire
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON atm, not blown away but it's still good. Not as good as LFA by John Green, though.

Also recently finished: TORN by Cat Clarke, DEADLY COOL, DRIVE BY, and I re-read THE SUMMER OF SKINNY-DIPPING.

LadyA, did you say somewhere else you read TARGET? I thought about ordering it...what did you think?

jen fu

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenlarsen.net
You guys have just expanded my to-read list by a dozen books. Man.

Because I'm behind the curve I'm reading A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, and finding it wonderful and strange--it doesn't want to be pigeonholed. The voice is marvelous and the characters vivid and it's just been a pleasure to read.

I am putting off John Green's latest because I don't want it to be over and then have to wait forever for his next. He's wonderful. I may read BITTERBLUE next.

waby32

Just Keep Writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Reading The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. Finally.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Currently reading Maze Runner and I'm absolutely LOVING it. The world building is cool as is the pacing and suspension of wanting to know what the heck is going on! The author does a wonderful job of sprinkling in the info in teeny tiny bits so that you want to keep reading to discover the truth. It's in 3rd person which I haven't read in a while (I've been reading a lot of 1st person) so I feel a little distanced from the MC, but I still love the characters and the voices of all of them and I'm even able to buy the constant use of Shuck, klunk, and shank (? i think that's the other word) as curse words. It just feels natural.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
I finished Mostly Good Girls, cute funny girly book :)

I'm now reading What'$ L3ft 0f M3, a galley I got at B3A. It has the writing style of Never Let Me Go which was one of the comparison books. I am enjoying it so far.

Ginger Writer

Writing like a madwoman
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Just finished re-reading Ella Enchanted. Haven't read it since elementary school, and I was delighted to find it even more beautiful in going back to it than it was the first time around (and this is a book that I loved even then).

mac3910

Here, there, everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
I loved the Maze Runner. It was fantastic.

I've been away from YA for awhile, but I picked up Starters again today. It really hasn't gotten any more interesting which is unfortunate.

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
Finished Hold Still by Nina LaCour. SO good. So achingly real, omg.

Starting Wentworth Hall by Abby Grahame. I'm obsessed with Downton Abbey right now, and so far it's ridiculously derivative. But I'll keep reading, maybe it comes into its own.

DahlELama

Registered
Reaction score
Ohh, I loved HOLD STILL. Really need to get myself THE DISENCHANTMENTS.

Embarrassingly enough, I'm only just now reading CRANK by Ellen Hopkins. It's my first of hers, too. It's definitely interesting--the kind of thing I'd find super gimmicky if were anything else but I appreciate that she seems to transcend that; it almost feels as if there's no other way this book could possibly be written. Before that I read BALLADS OF SUBURBIA by Stephanie Kuehnert so apparently I'm on a hardcore drugs kick with my YA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.