What YA book are you reading RIGHT NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
"Divergent" is written by an AW contributor? How interesting! I met Molly O'Neill at a conference a year ago and she has done nothing but praise this book. It is like it is her star pupil.

Fuchsia Groan

Becoming a laptop-human hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
I'm about a third done with Across the Universe. The opening is great, and I like the world building so far, but the characters are a bit generic for me. Still intrigued by where this premise is going.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
I finished BZRK by Michael Grant, and am now reading THE HOST by Stephenie Meyer. I was a huge Twi fan back in the day (team Jacob lol), but resisted this one since it sounded like an Animorphs rip-off. But so far, kinda liking it :D

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
The Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin. I had the first 16 chapters already read because I had an ARC I had to return, but I'm happy to get to finish it now

MelissaMD

Registered
Reaction score
I finished BZRK by Michael Grant, and am now reading THE HOST by Stephenie Meyer. I was a huge Twi fan back in the day (team Jacob lol), but resisted this one since it sounded like an Animorphs rip-off. But so far, kinda liking it :D

The Host is SUPER good! I cried, haha!

Right now I'm reading a Twilight parody - Nightlight.. Hilarious!

Aslera

Not an exact science
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Under a Never Sky and Where She Went.

I'm going to tackle Eon next, probably followed by Anna and the French Kiss.

Arclight

The Dragon's Daughter
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Haven by Kristi Cook and Torment by Lauren Kate (better than the first book), and am halfway through Matched by Ally Condie.

Kats

Registered
Reaction score
Just started Bumped by Megan McCafferty. Really interesting idea about only teens being able to get pregnant, and the slang already has me sniggering.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'm reading a YA romance. (-: From the guy's point of view. WHAT A BOY WANTS by Nyrae Dawn. Liking it a lot, too.

(as an editor...I am finding a few flaws with tense and a few missing words. I think it may be self-pubbed. I would love to clean it up a bit...that's all it would need...just a few edits. Otherwise, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Not sure a non-editor/non-writer would notice the sprinkled errors.)

With that parenthetically said, it's a great read.

waby32

Just Keep Writing...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading Across the Universe by Beth Revis. Then, I will re-read Divergent by Veronica Roth to prepare for the release of Insurgent on May 1st.

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Finished reading The Fault In Our Stars by John Green in my bathroom last night. Imagine a (fully clothed) woman sitting on the toilet, crying for about 40 consecutive pages. lol Sorry, too much?

It was a great book, that's all I have to say.

I have about 15 books to choose from my TBR. I think I'll probably finally start Everneath Generation Dead.

Last edited:

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Oh hey, that package of books I was waiting for finally arrived. Onward to Anna Dressed In Blood.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
I've just started A WASTE OF GOOD PAPER by Sean Taylor, which is about a boy with behavioural issues who's in a special school and told in the form of a journal. It's a funny book and I believe in the issues but the problem I'm having with it is that the MC doesn't use the f-word or any real swear words at all and I'm not buying that at all given his background and his behavioural problems. Shame as it's otherwise an entertaining read.

MM

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I've just started A WASTE OF GOOD PAPER by Sean Taylor, which is about a boy with behavioural issues who's in a special school and told in the form of a journal. It's a funny book and I believe in the issues but the problem I'm having with it is that the MC doesn't use the f-word or any real swear words at all and I'm not buying that at all given his background and his behavioural problems. Shame as it's otherwise an entertaining read.

MM
See, this is something that I would never even notice.

Arclight

The Dragon's Daughter
Registered
Reaction score
I finished Matched, and liked it. I'm close to finishing Hex Hall, and I love it. It's not in my top ten, but it was so much fun to read. I put it down only for work or chores

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Sage:
See, this is something that I would never even notice.

It's actually the only real criticism I'd make about the book actually and it's a big bug bear of mine because if you're going to deal with a subject that gritty then there needs to be a bit of grit to the language as well - using words like "poo" when the kids would use "shit" just spoil the effect.

I'm now about to start RED GLOVE by Holly Black.

MM

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'd probably notice if there were other words in place, like "poo", yeah, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.