What YA book are you reading RIGHT NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockurself

Registered
Reaction score
Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler. The book has illustrations in it, oddly enough, but they are beautiful. The writing is wonderful.

bertrigby

Dysfunctional dystopian
Registered
Reaction score
Blood Red Road. I'm in love. Feel like it was written just for me <3

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying BLO0D RED ROAD as well! Love the voice and the heroine is hardcore.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading, "Forbidden" by Tabitha Suzuma, I know I am late in the game, but this book is breaking my heart!

Kats

Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard -really enjoying it so far, it's easy to get lost in.

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Currently reading Crossed by Ally Condie.

Yay - my local library has finally bought some new YA books after I emailed the YA librarian, and I'm the first one to snaffle three of them (the other two I snaffled are Delirium by Lauren Oliver and Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate). Will have Across the Universe and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children to look forward to when those books get checked back in by whichever reader nabbed them (how very dare these teens check out books from their section of the library? ;)).

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of "The Iron Queen" by Julie Kagawa. Not loving this one as much as I did the first two in the series, but it's still holding my interest. "The Iron Knight" is up next.

Niiicola

Twitchy
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Pandemonium. Loved it, aside from being a little annoyed by the love interest situation. But the action sequences were fantastic.

waby32

Just Keep Writing...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading "Stupid Fast" by Geoff Herbach. I really love the voice. I just finished "Catching Jordan" by Miranda Kenneally, and loved it. She nailed the female "jock" voice, especially one that has been around only male jocks.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Have almost finished RUNELIGHT by Joanne Harris and although I've enjoyed it, it does feel overwritten in places, the cast of characters is so large that at times I couldn't keep them all straight (not helped by the fact that some characters have similar names) and I wasn't convinced by the way some characters used elements of modern speech while others use more Medieval-style language. What I do like is the way she incorporates and re-interprates elements from Norse mythology and the scale of it is great. So while it didn't blow me away as much as RUNEMARKS did, it's still well worth a read.

I've got AU REVOIR, CRAZY EUROPEAN CHICK by Joe Schreiber up next, which I've heard really good things about.

MM

ElouiseBates

Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading "I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You," by Ally Carter. Been wanting to read the Gallagher Girls series for ages, my library finally had the first one available!

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading "I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You," by Ally Carter. Been wanting to read the Gallagher Girls series for ages, my library finally had the first one available!

Carter's books are lots of fun.

cosmia

~
Registered
Reaction score
Reading Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt right now. It reminds me a lot of the books I used to read in grade school (as far as tone/atmosphere goes), so I like the nostalgia.

Next up is either going to be Sharon Shinn's The Safe-Keeper's Secret or Patrick Ness's The Knife of Never Letting Go.

Thank god for spring break - I'm finally going to get some reading done.

ambermg

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Shiver. I thought the writing was beautiful and had a lyrical quality to it. The storyline wasn't really my thing but I did like the book.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
Started today and now about halfway done with How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr. I think I've found my new author crush.

Opal

The Designated No-Stress Friend
Registered
Reaction score
I'm about to start reading Anna and the French Kiss to see what all this talk is about.

EmilyBrooke

Queen of Gallifrey
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

I adore these books! I find her writing to be so entertaining. :)

I'm reading THE LOOKING GLASS WARS by Frank Beddor. It's super fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.