What YA book are you reading RIGHT NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I love that book. :) I hope that you enjoy it!

Thanks, I'm sure I will. It's one of those books that I really haven't heard anyone say they didn't like it. Kinda like Anna and the French Kiss. :)

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, lots of good ones there, Katallina. Is that a store in Canada? Never heard of them.

Harper K

here's to the girl on the go
Registered
Reaction score
Website
weirdquietgirl.wordpress.com
I was at our local book festival all weekend (Decatur Book Festival just outside Atlanta) and got the chance to see a ton of YA authors speak. Now I just want to read, read, read all day tomorrow.

I think I'm going to start with Lauren Myracle's SHINE and then move on to Stephanie Perkins's LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR.

Linds

Can't Touch This, Stop, Query Time!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of Nancy Farmer's The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm. It's very interesting. The setting - a futuristic Zimbabwe is a neat change of pace.

Katallina

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kathyanncoleman.blogspot.com
Since I didn't start Hex Hall yet, I'm actually switching to Dragon's Oath for now. I've had a long weekend and I need something light -- a novella set in the House of Night series should do that well.

Yes, Chapters / Indigo is a Canadian bookstore. I'm really happy that I got to take advantage of the sale. Next time, though, I'm going to stick to paperbacks and buy my hardcovers online. I paid $22.50 each for Matched and Chain Reaction* (which are $16.25 online) and $20 for Shut Out (don't regret that -- worth it to have it faster, but I know I could've ordered it for $14.50.) In contrast, the paperbacks were the same price as online or maybe a dollar more.

Ah well. I really want to read the books and I didn't notice the prices. You live you learn, I guess. :tongue

* I don't regret buying Chain Reaction. But I didn't need it today, because I need to read Rules of Attraction first.

*+*+*

*sigh* Already done Dragon's Oath. October 25th cannot come fast enough. I can't wait to read Destined.

Last edited:

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
Finished Wanderlove, and well, I really loved it. Going to probably finish Imaginary Girls tomorrow night and then I have to dive into some library books that I got - Beauty Queens and White Cat.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Bloodlines by Richelle Mead and am now reading Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton :)

Lydia Sharp

for the love of love
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lydiasharp.blogspot.com
I started so many that I ended up closing before I got to the end. They just didn't hold my interest, or the writing style didn't connect with me... or something.

Finished THE NEAR WITCH by Victoria Schwab and totally :heart: it. Instant favorite.

Halfway through AUDITION by Stasia Ward Kehoe (releases in October). I'm a bit biased when it comes to "ballet books", but wow. This one is really excellent. Also a novel in verse, so. I love those, too.

Just started MY LIFE UNDECIDED by Jessica Brody. It passed my "first chapter" test so far. Great voice. Hope the story holds up, too, as I read more.

Ashleigh Nicole

But you can call me Paige.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ashleighcalhoun.blogspot.com
I've just begun Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (a disaster and I'm only 9% of the way done with it, according to my Kindle) and All You Desire by Kirsten Miller (not so good either, but one quote made me want to scream, "Thank you!" to the god/goddess of books). After that is the last succubus book by Richelle Mead, Possess by Gretchen McNeil, and about thirty other books piled up behind those. I really need to reduce my reading pile, but other things hold mt attention.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently reading The Hangman's Daughter, which is an adult novel.

That's right, an adult novel. I can't believe I'm reading a book that's not MG or YA. :rolleyes:

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I've just begun Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (a disaster and I'm only 9% of the way done with it, according to my Kindle)

I was just bitching about STARCR0SSED a month ago. It's absolutely nonsensical that a book so bad got such a big advance and a big push. Publishing is full of mysteries. :tongue

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Finished THE AGENCY: A SPY IN THE HOUSE. It was good enough, but I don't feel the need to check out the others in the trilogy.

Starting HARMONIC FEEDBACK by Tara Kelly

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I started so many that I ended up closing before I got to the end. They just didn't hold my interest, or the writing style didn't connect with me... or something.

Finished THE NEAR WITCH by Victoria Schwab and totally :heart: it. Instant favorite.

I SO loved THE NEAR WITCH!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I am MEGA-HEARTING out on Cheryl Rainfield's HUNTED!

Lnlee

Reading and writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lylawrites.blogspot.com
I just got SUPERNATURALLY, NIGHTSHADE, and I AM NUMBER FOUR from the library, so I'll be starting on those. I'M SO EXCITED!! (I waited for weeks/months to get a hold of them from the public library.)

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
So I finished Imaginary Girls last night. The writing was good, but I'm not sure that I liked the story so much. The characters were unlikeable but not in a way where you hoped they would change, and I never felt like I knew who the main character was at all. And the mystery of what's going on is kept in the dark until the very very last pages. I think I like it better when I can at least try to guess what the deal is, but with this, I had no clue and by the time I got to the end, I had lost interest. Guess it just wasn't for me.

Going to read Beauty Queens now.

Last edited:

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still reading the adult book I picked up last week. It's good, I suppose, but I could have finished two or three YA novels by now and been more satisfied. :D

That's what I get for not just sticking with YA and kidlit. :rolleyes:

Sinedra

Registered
Reaction score
At the moment I'm reading Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck, so far it's not a bad series.

Status
Not open for further replies.