What YA book are you reading RIGHT NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I put down Wanderlove to read Anna and the French Kiss. I finished it this morning. Ugh.

@MellyMel: Courtney Summers is one of my favorite contemporary authors. Some Girls Are is her best IMO. Cracked Up to Be wasn't bad either, I just didn't care for the romance.

Yes, CS is my fave. I read SGA, then FFA and now CUTB. So far I love all of them. The romance is...oh...kay. Not bad, there is a tiny suspension of disbelief with this guy liking her and chasing after her being the way she is. I think a real guy would have been like F U, later biotch. But I still don't care because I just love Parker's voice. She's quite smart and witty in her retorts. I lurv it. :D Def looking forward to her next book.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, CS is my fave. I read SGA, then FFA and now CUTB. So far I love all of them. The romance is...oh...kay. Not bad, there is a tiny suspension of disbelief with this guy liking her and chasing after her being the way she is. I think a real guy would have been like F U, later biotch. But I still don't care because I just love Parker's voice. She's quite smart and witty in her retorts. I lurv it. :D Def looking forward to her next book.

Ah, but she was bitchy AND head cheerleader. That makes all the difference. :D

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading WANDERLOVE too.

IMAGINARY GIRLS also at my elbow and I liked the first chapter though it is eerily similar in subject to my WIP's. Damn.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Almost done with Sup3rn@tur@lly, the sequel to P@r@n0rm@lcy. Um, not sure about this one. It seems to suffer a bit from second book syndrome, which really makes me sad, because I really wanted to like this one.

Next up, I think will be an epic Harry Potter re-read, just because. Also, because I never actually read the first book in English ;)

Katallina

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kathyanncoleman.blogspot.com
And Catching Fire is finished. Yes, that does mean I read nearly 400 pages in one sitting. Yes, I am that crazy. Yes, I liked it that much. Now I have to resist starting Mockingjay so that I'll actually get some sleep tonight. All I can think, though, is "What will happen to Peeta?!" (Who is by far my favorite character) and "Oh, no. Poor Cinna!" (Who I also really like.)

misslissy

Only a sassbucket sometimes.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
womeneverywhere.wordpress.com
I love Peeta and Cinna too!

I'm about to start Let It Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle (did I spell that right? It's not sitting in front of me) and Maureen Johnson.

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
I also loved Cinna from The Hunger Games.

I finished rereading Looking for Alaska this afternoon. :LilLove: Now I'm torn between rereading Fire by Kristin Cashore (for a 'girls and female characters are awesome' blog post) or the second in an awesome adult UF series. Decision, decisions.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm finally beginning my reread of the M0rtal Instruments trilogy, and I have to say, the first chapter is really flawed. There are so many unnamed characters that it's hard to keep track. The dialogue clunks, which is not like Cl4re at all - there's an "as you know, Bob" so obvious that one character actually calls another out on it, saying that nobody here needs a lesson on demonology. Finally, the teenage love interest makes a striking first impression by addressing the heroine as "little girl". Stay classy, Jace. :rolleyes:

Must persevere. I know I enjoyed many elements of this book. I just haven't found them yet.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I finished rereading Looking for Alaska this afternoon. :LilLove: Now I'm torn between rereading Fire by Kristin Cashore (for a 'girls and female characters are awesome' blog post) or the second in an awesome adult UF series. Decision, decisions.

Speak its name, so that I may share in the fun! :D

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
Speak its name, so that I may share in the fun! :D

A Shot in the Dark by K.A. Stewart. ;)

However, the next 'second in an awesome adult UF series' on my pile is Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews, which is both epic and urban fantasy in one. Which sounds bizarre, but is awesome. I've grown to love it like their Kate Daniels series, which I heart times a million.

Last edited:

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I also loved Cinna from The Hunger Games.

I started Fire, but have yet to go back to it. I LOVED Graceling, but Fire did not manage to suck me in the same way. However, I will go back to it at some point.

Flur

Registered
Reaction score
I've been trying to start Pretties (Uglies series) for the past 4 days and just cannot get into it.

Flur

Registered
Reaction score
And Catching Fire is finished. Yes, that does mean I read nearly 400 pages in one sitting. Yes, I am that crazy. Yes, I liked it that much. Now I have to resist starting Mockingjay so that I'll actually get some sleep tonight. All I can think, though, is "What will happen to Peeta?!" (Who is by far my favorite character) and "Oh, no. Poor Cinna!" (Who I also really like.)

Hehe.. I think I finished all 3 books in 5 or 6 days. I couldn't put them down. :D

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been trying to start Pretties (Uglies series) for the past 4 days and just cannot get into it.

Pretties is a little hard to get into, with all the bubbly Tally-wa and Shay-la stuff. Keep reading, though. It's a good book. :)

Lnlee

Reading and writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lylawrites.blogspot.com
I just started on Forever, the last book of Maggie Stiefvater's Werewolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. I've been waiting for a while to get my hands on it (there was a long holding list in the library's system), and now that I started, I had to force myself to close the book and work on my own novel.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just read rawther an interesting book called Brooklyn, Burning. The main character and love interest are of indeterminate gender (and most of the characters are bisexual, whatever they are). Or rather, their gender is not defined in the novel. The author avoids the ole pronoun problem with 1st and 2nd person, the MC is "I" and the LI is "you". They have indeterminate names as well (Kid and Scout). I was confused at first but I quite liked it. In my head they were two boys but they could have been anything really.

trirae

Registered
Reaction score
Website
triciaclasen.com
Hi all, first time posting here, but I had fun reading many pages back.

My last two reads were:

Tweny Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan

Very much enjoyed both. Have to dig into some edits for the next few days, but I think next up is going to be The Replacement or Paranormalcy which have both been sitting on my reader for some time but keep getting bumped off.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Born At Midnight by C.C.Hunter
It's really good so far. Only 3 quarters way through at the moment.

Cai

fish biscuit
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Dash & Lily's Book of Dares.
Although it relied a bit too much an coincidences I liked it a lot. Adorable main characters.

I'll pick up Blood Red Road next, I guess. Or Uncommon Criminals?

Status
Not open for further replies.