What YA book are you reading RIGHT NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
I am reading HOUSE OF MANY WAYS by Diana Wynne Jones.

But tomorrow I will put it aside to read A NEED SO BEAUTIFUL by Suzanne Young.

Yay DWJ! :D I liked the MC a lot for HOMW.

Lnlee

Reading and writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lylawrites.blogspot.com
Now I'm reading Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson but I can't finish because I'm so busy working on my 3rd draft of my MS!

(I'm liking Speak so far! Her writing pulls me in...it's changing my life.)

That's the same way I felt about Laurie's writing. She's just an amazingly talented writer that writes beautifully written books that stick with you long after you read them. I recommend that you read Catalyst and Wintergirls, also by her.

As for me, I just finished The Demon's Surrender yesterday. And it was fantastic! It's really great to see that the trilogy didn't become lamer/more drawn out than the first book itself. Although I admit there are a few things that I like more in the first book than in the third book, there are lots of things that I like more in the third book to make up for them. I loved the characters, the relationships, the plot, the magic, the angst, the villains, the character development, just everything. Just spectacular. Sarah Rees Brennan is amazing. I can't wait to read her next series. But while I'm waiting, I just might go and reread the trilogy again.

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
I finished Everlasting by Alyson Noel. And all I have to say is lame-o.

Now I am onto Fade Out by Rachel Caine, the seventh in the Morganville Vampires series.

cherita

Registered
Reaction score
That's the same way I felt about Laurie's writing. She's just an amazingly talented writer that writes beautifully written books that stick with you long after you read them. I recommend that you read Catalyst and Wintergirls, also by her.

This. Wintergirls... just... *shivers*

PollyAnna

Keepin' it Real-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Entw1ned, H3ather D1xon. I mean, just almost finished. I don't know, the prose and imagery was really beautiful in places but the story was just well, actually it was pretty boring.

@ windcutter-- Lips Touch is a collection of 3 short stories that are meant to stand alone. :)

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I liked Fixing Delilah, by Sarah Ockler. It's definitely worth reading, and the male lead is adorable. But I didn't love it like I loved Twenty Boy Summer.

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
About to start Fearscape by Simon Holt, the final book in The Devouring series. I heard this one is a bit of a turd. I'm hoping not.

Senora Verde

Teacher by day, YA writer by night
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead, it's an amzing MG and fans of A Wrinkle in Time must read it.

Now I'm reading Ash by Malinda Lo and loving it. It's a fairy-tale retold (which I normally don't care for since I know how they'll end) but it's different enough from Cinderella that it feels like a brand-new story.

I just reviewed Beauty Queens by Libba Bray on my blog. It's smart and hilarious.
http://addictedtoheroines.blogspot.com/2011/06/from-bimbos-to-badasses-in-beauty.html

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading When You Reach Me right now! (Well, not right this second, but about five minutes ago. :rolleyes:)

e_shady

Registered
Reaction score
I liked Fixing Delilah, by Sarah Ockler. It's definitely worth reading, and the male lead is adorable. But I didn't love it like I loved Twenty Boy Summer.

ARGH, I've been wanting to read both of those books! I have too many books on my TBR list. Wait...I think that's blasphemous to say...

I just finished Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck and have now moved on to The Curse of the Blue Tattoo by L.A. Meyer.
I really enjoyed Tiger's Curse, but mostly for the story telling and mythology, rather than the character development (there wasn't a whole lot *sad face*)
But what's more important is that I've moved on to the second book in the Bloody Jack series, which is epic. There are pirates

Last edited:

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead, it's an amzing MG and fans of A Wrinkle in Time must read it.

I'm reading When You Reach Me right now! (Well, not right this second, but about five minutes ago. :rolleyes:)

I loved WHEN YOU REACH ME! I recommend it to people at work a lot. :)

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading the newest in the Warriors series. So Omen of the Stars: Sign of the Moon. Now that I think about it though, I don't actually know for sure if Warriors is YA or MG.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
Started Guitar Highway Rose, published quite a while ago. I'm LOVING it!!!

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
middle grader popping into the YA section - i feel kind of like a 6th grader trying to sneak into the prom. but i just had to report that i read and loved, loved, loved ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS. seriously, i could not put it down.

now i'm reading Aprilynn Pike's WINGS and am really enjoying it, three chapters in.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I really liked When You Reach Me (MG).

I'll check out my tbr stack this evening and pick my next read. :D

Windcutter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading the second book in the Forbidden Game series and getting worried because it seems there are some things similar to my current WIP in it, even though I'm sure it's my first time reading it.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've decided that Fire, by Kristin Cashore, is the lucky winner in the what-shall-Smish-read-now contest. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.