• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Wolf Literary Services (Kirsten Wolf)

Marva

Registered
Reaction score

WriterInChains

Feed my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
I found a couple of YA authors she's repping a la Q/T: C.K. Kelly Martin & Dena Salmon.

So far, I can't find anything else that's relevant & would be interested to know if she has a track record of repping adult fiction through Jill Grinberg Agency. Maybe someone with a more advanced Google-fu belt can find something?

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
AgentQuery is now listing her as having started her own agency

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Kirsten is now Wolf Literary.

I had queried her by snail at Jill Grinberg and I just received a rejection letter from Jill Grinberg herself, so I'm pretty sure Kirsten never saw it. I requeried Kirsten directly via email.

JenWriter

Word Count Slayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenhayley.com
It says on Agent Query that she wants the first 50 pages as an attachment? Could that possibly be correct?

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
I just queried her last week. according to her page at Query Tracker :

SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS

Please submit query letter with 50 page sample and/or proposal to [email protected].

This seems to be the biggest change (other than Suite #K235 in the address). It implies that Kirsten is now accepting queries by email.

I queried her on 05/06. I'll keep you updated as to response times, etc.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I just queried her via email (6-12-08) and it bounced back. The message I got was "Delivery to the following recipients failed."

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back since she changed her agency and submission guidelines?

Or is she actually reading all those pages?

Barber

Timing is everything...
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard back. I e-queried her on May 7; got a rejection the next day. Great turnaround time.

I didn't attach anything though. I just pasted the first few pages into the email.

JenWriter

Word Count Slayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenhayley.com
I sent the package on 05/20 and haven't heard anything yet. When (if) I do, I'll let you know.

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't attach anything though. I just pasted the first few pages into the email.

See, this is what I'm worried about... What if our attachments are causing our emails to be sucked into a giant spam box of death?

JenWriter

Word Count Slayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenhayley.com
Esopha - Yeah, I find that worrisome as well. That's why I was nervous about actually attaching something. But it said to send the first 50 pages so I did...

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
See, this is what I'm worried about... What if our attachments are causing our emails to be sucked into a giant spam box of death?

I'm picturing a can of Spam with evil shark teeth chomping up our queries. That's actually kind of entertaining!

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
Esopha - Yeah, I find that worrisome as well. That's why I was nervous about actually attaching something. But it said to send the first 50 pages so I did...

I'm hoping she's treating them like partials and giving each of them loving attention...

I'm picturing a can of Spam with evil shark teeth chomping up our queries. That's actually kind of entertaining!

Like Pac Man or Burgertime or one of those other eight-bit video games?

I'm not exceedingly worried (yet). It's just that she seems to be pretty fast usually and I haven't heard from her yet. It's been a while. Waiting....

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I didn't send anything other than the query and a few pages pasted into the body, and it still got e-jected.

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a partial (attached 50 pgs & synopsis like the guidelines said) on May 6th but haven't heard anything since. I hope any response she sent didn't get eaten in my email (I forgot to use the one that wasn't the Black Hole of the Interwebs :p). My 'glass half full' side hopes she just has it under consideration. :)

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
So has anyone heard back from her since she started her own agency? I'm kind of assuming it's not working out for her. I queried with the 50 pages (once as an attachment, once in the body of the e-mail) end of April, beginning of May and have heard nothing.

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone hear anything about their queries + 50 pages? I sent mine at the end of May and haven't heard.

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
Okay so I read on querytracker.net that her email is now officially [email protected]

I'm trying that, without ANY attachments (just the query) and a short explanation that I haven't been able to contact her otherwise.

I'll let you all know what happens.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
I sent one to [email protected] on 8/19 and it went through. I'd tried the website email a few times with bounces, too.

No response yet. But I'll post when I get something.