The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agent] Fredrica S. Friedman

practical experience, FTW

[Agent] Fredrica S. Friedman

I know this is a good agent. There is no Web site. However, I am wondering if anyone here has dealt with this agency or could share any information or experience. Thanks.

Banned
    Yes, I have worked with Fredi, and she's the real deal. Very professional and very big...she needs no website.

Hi Priceless - I feel the same way about her. Is she your agent? If you have any tips that would be great. Also, I am not sure how long you have been working with her, but do you know anything about response times? Thanks.

practical experience, FTW Pisarz's Avatar
    I got a request for a full and a rejection (the story of my life, trust me) within a month or so from her assistant.
    YA writer represented by Ginger Clark.

Twitter: @snarkychicklet

Banned
    Hi Gettingby,
    No, she isn't my agent. I'm a publisher, and she's submitted to us several times. I can't attest to response times for prospective clients, but she was very prompt in her dealings with me. 'Course, that's usually the way it is when you're trying to sell a story. Good luck to you.

For those wondering about response times, the author I ghostwrite for sent her a query 4/18/11. He sent a follow up on 8/15 and received a FR 9/9/11.

Nearly six weeks from query to form rejection.

FYI, her name is spelled wrong in the heading to this thread. It's "Fredrica." I was unable to find it searching by full name because of the mispelling.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Fixed both places, thanks.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Query Tracker lists Leslie York as an agent with Fredrica S. Friedman, but the website does not - does anyone know anything about Leslie York? Google did not reveal anything - hmm.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Probably an assistant who replied to a query.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: