• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Bell Bridge Books / BelleBooks, Inc.

DanielleChilders

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a current submissions editor with Bell Bridge Books.

I don't want to interfere with the forum as a publisher of course, but I thought I could update everyone on some new goings on at BBB, particularly with queries. I'm also happy to answer any questions.

Because we accept unsolicited queries as well as agented submissions, we are quite full. Our response times currently vary per genre with YA/Fantasy/SciFi having the longest wait (6 months). Mystery/Thriller/Suspense currently has the shortest wait (1-2 months), and Romance is falling a little in the middle (3-4 months).

We really do try to be responsive, so we've recently, within the past month, added more staff so that we can better facilitate the large number of queries we receive and more efficiently place them with acquiring editors.

We are working diligently to get caught up in the next 30-60 days as conference season is about to be upon us.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance or answer any questions. Also, if you have a suggestion for the best way to update awaiting authors on our query status, that would be gratefully accepted. Maybe a tweet: (sample) BBB is currently resolved of queries prior to March 1st, 2013?

We certainly appreciate every author, and I hope this helps!

On a side note: I've seen some very kind things said about BBB on this forum, and we take it to heart. We're a publishing house of authors for authors, and we look forward to championing titles as the come through our doors.

Thanks!

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Good to hear the update, Danielle. I still have a submission with Pat. She's always been gracious in giving me the status, and always answering my emails too. Poor thing is always busy. Good to know there's more help now.

Preacher'sWife

Crack that WIP!
Registered
Reaction score
in my own little corner, in my own little chair
Danielle--

Thank you so much for stopping by! It's great to hear that you've added staff. I know how busy you are!

The one thing I would love to know is if you received my submission at the end of May. I know I may not have an answer for several months (if I'm lucky enough to have it enter into the acquisitions process), but I would love to be sure that it made it to you!

Thanks again for letting us know what's going on at BBB!

Bette Maybee

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know!

BBB is currently resolved of queries prior to March 1st, 2013?

Speaking only for myself, I'd have no idea what "resolved of queries" meant.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I only know that they are crowed with submissions and being highly selective on what they're taking due to the fact that almost all their slots are full for this year. There will be exceptions, of course, but they gave me the news that they are concentrating heavily on producing a number of series that have already been scheduled.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I only know that they are crowed with submissions and being highly selective on what they're taking due to the fact that almost all their slots are full for this year. There will be exceptions, of course, but they gave me the news that they are concentrating heavily on producing a number of series that have already been scheduled.

I got the same type of info. (as I mentioned to you before, C)

I was on sub for 9 months in total. Pat hung onto my story because she really liked it and was waiting for a slot. But ultimately, she passed and said that they only have a selected number of slots left for specific type books that they were still looking for.

Good luck to everyone! I've always been fond of this place and the correspondence with Pat was splendid. I would definitely sub to them again in the future.

Preacher'sWife

Crack that WIP!
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had a response out of BelleBooks recently? I've tried checking the status of my submission (exclusive from almost a year ago) with Danielle Childers, but have gotten no response. She told me back in June of last year that it shouldn't be too long before I hear from them... I'm afraid they aren't getting my emails.

dawinsor

Dorothy A. Winsor
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Can someone point me to their guidelines on what to send in a query? I can't find it on their website, though it will probably turn out I've been staring right at it. Thanks.

ETA: And as I suspected, I was looking right at it and not seeing. Here's the page if someone else wants it:

http://www.bellebooks.com/shopcontent.asp?type=For Writers

Last edited:

Preacher'sWife

Crack that WIP!
Registered
Reaction score
I know they aren't accepting queries at this time (at least they weren't about a month ago), but I've tried for the last week to look at their website and it is saying there is a server error. I've tried using my work computer, my phone, and my home computer. Does anyone know what's going on?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Just for the record, 'twas throwing up "500 - Internal Server Error". Obviously (finally) fixed.

Eltondiva

Effieron Empress
Registered
Reaction score
I sent them a sub 9 months ago 01/02... nothing yet...
Update: Having waited 280 days. I have now closed off this query as no response.

Last edited:
Reactions: jd_nyx

pacwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Anything new on Belle Books? My daughter has an unique Southern Voice without the old stereotypes and clichés and Belle states they publish southern fiction. Before she contacts then I thought I would ask on here if there is any vibes good or bad.