Responses to "A Message From Dawno"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
The previous post was brought to you by:

bake%20005.jpg

Jet-Puffed Marshmallows! Preferred by multi-colored Lemmings everywhere!

We now return you to your previously serious thread...

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
DSL, super high speed, with a full wireless network throughout the house.

And I have marshmallows...

Hubby loves marshmallows. I need a large space for all my beading and crafts work - you've got a halon fire suppressant system, right? I don't think there's going to be a problem with the kiln or the blowtorch or the arc welder, but you never know...

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Marry me instead, Dawno! My husband already has a blowtorch and an arc welder, and has been WANTING a kiln. :D

Plus, we already live in Texas, and you know how us Texans are about them group marriages... ;)

Deleted member 42

Oy!

Just a minute there. Dawno, name the day. I reckon we can work out the work space and tools, and you'll have tech support for life . . .

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
Marry me instead, Dawno! My husband already has a blowtorch and an arc welder, and has been WANTING a kiln. :D

Plus, we already live in Texas, and you know how us Texans are about them group marriages... ;)

Awwwww too soon Cathy, too soon :tongue

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score

Is it just me, or are all these PC&E threads blending into one big long thread???

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
man, wander away from the boards for a bit to do some blogging and look - 3 more proposals??

This is tempting - and closer than Florida, too. Do you like frosted sugar cookies? This is a very important qualifier.

Ha! I'll marry both of you. How do you like them apples?

Cathy C: Why, that's bigamy!

Robeiae: Yes, and it's big of me, too!

But will you move to Texas? I think it's a reasonable compromise, half way between where I live and where you live. And her husband already has a blowtorch!

Oy!

Just a minute there. Dawno, name the day. I reckon we can work out the work space and tools, and you'll have tech support for life . . .

ooh, upping the anty! Tech support is pretty important. I have 3 cats - would that be ok?

Is it just me, or are all these PC&E threads blending into one big long thread???

yes :D

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
how 'bout gettin' yer hubby to post a thread on kiln craftin' explainin' the process & all.
Would make for a nice change of pace.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
how 'bout gettin' yer hubby to post a thread on kiln craftin' explainin' the process & all.
Would make for a nice change of pace.

Oh, he doesn't know anything about it. I'm the one who wants to set up a kiln (although I could fire the pieces with a butane torch, I just don't want to) and do metal clay designs. :)

As well as a post about that, well, it would be more suited to a crafts forum than this one, I think.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
gotta check out the crafts forum.
Bet there's some neat topics in it.

Then again, maybe I'll check out Dawno's Thread Killer thread...

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

can we make smores with those lil fuzzy things and Dawno's blowtorch?

You know how Julia Child always makes things look sooooo easy?

I tried to make creme brulé. The custard part is dead easy, and Julia Child said to "use a blowtorch" to melt the sugar.

My eyebrows did grow back, eventually. The bangs took a lot longer . . .

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, from the most recent posts, I can safely assume that Dawno's original "Message" was about the culinary skizzles of the polyamorous?

What's my name again?

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I tried to make creme brulé. The custard part is dead easy, and Julia Child said to "use a blowtorch" to melt the sugar.

This is why I make creme caramel. ;)

This is tempting - and closer than Florida, too. Do you like frosted sugar cookies? This is a very important qualifier.

Why yes! I do. :D

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
You know how Julia Child always makes things look sooooo easy?

Shaving a bit off the red, blue, yellow and orange fuzzies and hands rainbow fuzz to Medievalist for the next batch of smores.

brittanimae

making a fresh start.
Registered
Reaction score
Of course you'll want to hold off until Dawno or another mod replies, but I think it isn't a given topic that's the problem so much as the intent behind any thread that's started. If the OP posts something controversial/inflammatory only for the sake of shock value, that's a problem. If the topic itself is worthy of thoughtful discussion, and especially if the OP has something intelligent to say about it (not just OMG! I'm SCANDALIZED!) then it seems to me it should be okay.

Hmm. That one must be me. As I'm the only poster I'm aware of who freely drops the term "scandalized." :D

It's good to know, as I honestly didn't realize that I was the one stirring the fire--I guess ignorance can no longer be bliss for me. I'll be more careful in the future. And for the record, I very much enjoyed and appreciated the thoughtful responses and information shared in the old polygamy thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.