XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Looks mostly like a chance to sit with an agent and attend a conference for free.

But you know what, that's enough for me.

:Thumbs:

Ditto.

I'm better with face-to-face anyway, despite what the restraining orders say.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
well looks like there is a chance I'll be going to my first con this May. http://www.conquestkc.org/index.htm

either I'll be working a table, doing some panels, or most likely both.
But depends on the $ situation. *crosses fingers*

*knees start shaking*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto.

I'm better with face-to-face anyway, despite what the restraining orders say.

You get really good at judging where that 100 yards is after the first few, don't you?

Er, at least I imagine you would. I have no practical knowledge, of course.

:2angel:

GreenEpic

...because you don't know yourself
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in need of some opinions guys. I'm not even half way through a book right now and I HATE it. If I had actually gotten a hard copy of this book I'd burn it.

But part of me wants to finish reading it because A) Train wrecks are always interesting to see and B) I was going to do a book review on it. Although, at this point, the review would be at least 5 pages long, and that's a little much for my blog.

So should I just push through to see how much worse it can get or should I just delete it off my Kindle and go purify my mind in some way?

I'm all about the small revenges in life. In college, I read one awful thing after another. So I say read on and feel my pain. It will make the world slightly more just. For me at least

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Delete + brain bleach. Life is too damned short and there are too many GOOD books in the world, to waste your time on craptastic books that have no business in your world.

Life's too short for bad books, unless as a writer you think there may be some valuable object-lessons to be had from it.

Snow day here.

Despite y'all's better judgment, I think I shall read on. I just have to see how horrible it is in the end. And yes, I'd really like to write a seriously mean review on it. I want to keep people from wasting their money and time on it. I'm willing to make that sacrifice. :)

I'm all about the small revenges in life. In college, I read one awful thing after another. So I say read on and feel my pain. It will make the world slightly more just. For me at least

Thanks, Sis. Know that I am truly suffering right now.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Happy St. David's day. Get your leek or daffodil on.

Done!

Wait...am I allowed to wear anything in addition to the daffodils? Because it's cold here.

Sigh. I've been searching so much esoteric plumbing crap for work on the innernets that now most of my ads on AW are plumbing related.

Suck.

Uhhhh...the ads reflect our browsing history? *looks at ads. quickly looks away* Are you certain of that?

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Done!

Wait...am I allowed to wear anything in addition to the daffodils? Because it's cold here.

Uhhhh...the ads reflect our browsing history? *looks at ads. quickly looks away* Are you certain of that?

I am absolutely certain - unless it's just coincidence they want to sell me a Crane toilet, an arrowhead bib faucet & a Haws flow control.

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Send more!!! It's not nearly as bad as having bugs fall on your head. Just remind yourself while you hit send of that fact and you'll be fine.

I actually want to learn to crochet. Not sure exactly why, but there it is.

*files away the bug thing for future use*

I was taught the basic crochet stitch in college, but never went very far with it and eventually forgot it. However, still owning a crochet hook and some yarn, and desiring a way to keep my hands occupied in creative productivity when, say, watching TV, I decided to pick it up again.

No, it has nothing to do with a desire to crochet a My Little Pony-themed scarf... :tongue

No snow here, just an abundance of cats.

Are they raining from the sky?

well looks like there is a chance I'll be going to my first con this May. http://www.conquestkc.org/index.htm

either I'll be working a table, doing some panels, or most likely both.
But depends on the $ situation. *crosses fingers*

*knees start shaking*

Oh, it'll be fun! Cons are excellent fun!

Is this your first con, period, or your first con where you will actually be running something?

I have an ad for fixing commas and plot holes. HOW DO THEY KNOW?!?

Oh, was that supposed to be a secret? ;)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello folks. Is it Friday yet?

I got seeds in the mail today :)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Hello folks. Is it Friday yet?

I got seeds in the mail today :)

FARK! I WISH! Totally thought last night was Thursday, so today was Friday. Except that was probably so late that it was Thursday, but that didn't change the fact that today is not Friday.

Ooh, what kind of seeds?

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Dear Bank,
I am in receipt of your correspondence. Despite your adept finagling of the English language, your letter has not changed my opinion on the matter. Please note the enclosed photo of a large white, pasty exterior upon which to place your greedy corporate lips.
Signed,
Bettielee
The Fairy

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
My day has just been made. Got back latest revisions from CP on the problem chapters, and her response: "Loved it." Flow and character connection issues fixed.

Excuse me while I :snoopy:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, what kind of seeds?

Mars Celeriac x2, provider snap bush beans, golden scallopini squash- a summer squash that keeps like winter squash, and Hurakan Zuccs.

Not a bad start :)

Dear Bank,
I am in receipt of your correspondence. Despite your adept finagling of the English language, your letter has not changed my opinion on the matter. Please note the enclosed photo of a large white, pasty exterior upon which to place your greedy corporate lips.
Signed,
Bettielee
The Fairy

Next time send moar sarcasm :)

My day has just been made. Got back latest revisions from CP on the problem chapters, and her response: "Loved it." Flow and character connection issues fixed.

Excuse me while I :snoopy:

Nice.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
So, you're rejecting Green's reality and substituting your own? ;)

Of course. My reality is the only important one right? I mean, I am the center of the universe and all.

It is kinda small though. It might get crowded if I let too many people in.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Whoever posted the link to the insane Australian blogger guy who writes people obnoxious emails......

I will hate you forever. My hate burns so deeply that it will live for eternity, beyond the heat death of the universe....

You and you alone are responsible for the destruction caused as my hate becomes the new dark god of a new universe.

I did not need another site to be addicted to...

That is all.

ETA: Sounds like :rant:but is closer to :wag:

Last edited:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Whoever posted the link to the insane Australian blogger guy who writes people obnoxious emails......

I will hate you forever. My hate burns so deeply that it will live for eternity, beyond the heat death of the universe....

You and you alone are responsible for the destruction caused as my hate becomes the new dark god of a new universe.

I did not need another site to be addicted to...

That is all.

something vexes thee?

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
something vexes thee?

Yes! The cute math teacher who sits across from me is now looking at me funny because I keep snickering. It's embarrassing.:D

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. Hey I'm beginning to get a little nervous about Kricket's review of my book..........................

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

I will hate you forever. My hate burns so deeply that it will live for eternity, beyond the heat death of the universe.

Was that me? The link to the thing about timesheets from back on page 326?

Hmmm. Well, then, I guess my work here is done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.