E-publishing does NOT equate to self publishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
I kind of wish the self-publishing stuff would stay in the self- publishing area and certain people here would stop equating e-publishing with self publishing in this forum.
Some people here seem to think there is NO difference and that the term "E-publishing" means self-publishing. It does not, and there is a whole separate forum to talk about self-publishing.
The misuse of the term just grates.

Deleted member 42

I kind of wish the self-publishing stuff would stay in the self- publishing area and certain people here would stop equating e-publishing with self publishing in this forum.
Some people here seem to think there is NO difference and that the term "E-publishing" means self-publishing. It does not, and there is a whole separate forum to talk about self-publishing.

Tell you what. If it's harshin' your buzz that much use the
report.gif
button.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Tell you what. If it's harshin' your buzz that much use the
report.gif
button.
I don't know if it's serious enough for that. lol I was more tempted to push that button when I got attacked for saying Fifty Shades of Grey wasn't all that bad, and got accused of mindlessly reading it for the sex scenes, which considering how tame it is compared to my writing was funny

Deleted member 42

If it happened here, report the post.

If it didn't happen here, don't start a thread to complain about something that happened elseweb.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if it's serious enough for that. lol

It's mentioned in the guidelines for the Self Publishing room, which I'm sure you've read.

If it's serious enough for you to start a new thread in order to complain about it, then it's serious enough for you to report the posts concerned.

I'd much prefer that to your making vague references to "certain people here":

My bold.

Either report the posts or ignore them, but please don't make veiled references to other members like this: it doesn't achieve anything, apart from worrying people who might have slipped up once or twice. Thanks.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
If it happened here, report the post.

If it didn't happen here, don't start a thread to complain about something that happened elseweb.
It happened in this forum more than once, but I wish there was a delete button for threads and posts here because I would have deleted the thread, since it's not really worth making an issue of. I just momentarily felt like it was if that makes sense.

Deleted member 42

It happened in this forum more than once, but I wish there was a delete button for threads and posts here because I would have deleted the thread, since it's not really worth making an issue of. I just momentarily felt like it was if that makes sense.

No, actually, it doesn't make sense—but it did cause me to peruse your post history. You might want to do the same while reading your posts as if they were written by a stranger. Take this post:

You sound like one of the "mean girls" in high school complaining about those unpopular self-publishing types who should just stay in their own area.

Epublishing merely means digital publishing.

It's something that commercial publishers, independent publishers, and self-publishers all engage in.

And there are large numbers of members here who engage in self-publishing and commercial publishing, in both print and digital formats.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
That's why I would have deleted the thread basically immediately after I made it because I was concerned it would be mistakenly taken that way. I have diagnosed ADHD a hallmark of which is impulsivity so I really do appreciate the message boards that let you delete threads and posts.
And yes I am well aware of how many people are self publishing now including very big name authors and lots of NYT Best Sellers.
The two terms are not synonymous was my only point. Well that and the fact I would have kind of liked a forum where those with E-publishers could discuss those issues without the two being all mixed up, but seems I'm probably the only one who would like that, so it's not very relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.