Women in Horror Month, Feb. 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, my first one is just "why I'm celebrating" and "what I'm going to do". The goods come later. :D

Can you just add the links to the first post of this thread? Whatever is less work for you, D.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
What a great showing, guys! Please don't forget to post links so the rest of us slackers can benefit from your hard work. :)

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Got mine written up longhand; going to post tonight. Just an introductory thingy.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
soapdish, that's a great post. I have retweeted it!

I have decided to do a series of posts about kick-ass heroines of horror - starting with Buffy. Hopefully the first post will go up this weekend.

I am happy to retweet and promote everyone else's posts, and I will post the link to mine on this thread when they go live.

Shara

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
OK, I've just posted my first post, which is an introduction. I'm going to follow this up with a series of four weekly posts about kick-ass fictional horror heroines. Just as a heads-up, the four heroines I've decided to showcase - in order - will be:
1 Buffy
2 Alice from the 'Resident Evil' films
3 Riply from the 'Alien' films
4 Sarah Connor from the 'Terminator' films.

I've also taken the liberty of posting links to the blogs of everyone who said they were participating in WiHM on this thread. If you'd rather I didn't do this, please let me know and I will remove you ASAP.

Similarly, if I missed you off and you would like me to post a link to your blog, please let me know (and give me the URL of your blog).

I will be retweeting everyone else's posts when they go up, so don't forget to let us know when you've posted!

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Just put up the first of my posts about horror heroines: Buffy

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
I'm putting links to the posts in the very first thread of this post for easy access. Also have tweeted all the posts. They've picked up quite a few retweets, too. Will be doing a link round-up post this weekend. Keep 'em coming!

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They've picked up quite a few retweets, too. Will be doing a link round-up post this weekend. Keep 'em coming!
I know! I've seen that. It makes me feel good. :D And enthused.

Oh hey, just saw this thread! I did a WiHM post on Kate Lockley in Angel.
:hi: Hi, Selma. Just read your post. I love how you chose a character that sometimes gets overlooked. I remember Kate. Nice job picking something a little different (yet still relevant) to examine!

Status
Not open for further replies.