Blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhymegirl

We have a blizzard going on where I live. Brrrr! We're kinda snowbound right now.

Anyone else in this predicament?

aka eraser

Yesterday here in southern Ontario. Now it's blindingly sunny but darn cold with wind chills in the -30s C.

scullars

We had a whiteout yesterday here in Chicago. Just enough snow for me to get out and shovel at least three times, but not enough to close down my office building tomorrow. Drats!

wurdwise

It's cool and sunny in Texas! (but that could change before tomorrow).:rollin

rtilryarms

WE are whited out here too. I can't see past my hand.

Oh, wait, I have my manuscript in my hand. Oh, that IS white out.

heh, back to editing.

rhymegirl

Ha ha ha. That's funny, Mike.

I needed a good laugh since it is so boring stuck in the house.

nightrider27

Sunny white

In the southeast corner of Wa we had 4 inches of white Friday night and then on Sunday...................gone from sight. It's 68 today.

CindyBidar

West Michigan, 12 inches overnight Friday with high winds and drifts up to 2 feet in my driveway. Had to have a friend come over with a snow blower to dig us out. I am just grateful it happened on a Saturday, so I didn't have to try to dig out before work.

scullars

OK, can't go to work tomorrow. Muscles painfully stiff from shoveling snow -- 4 times. Oh drats. :)

ChunkyC

It was minus 40 degrees Celcius out here in the Canadian Rockies just over a week ago. Today it's expected to be over ten above zero. All the snow is melting and the ski hills are freakin' out, man.

All you folks out east stay indoors if you can.

tfdswift

I am still snowed under today.

The winds are unbearably cold and my driveway is drifted.

Glad I don't need to go anywhere for a couple of days. I have a Dr. appointment Thursday, might need to get snow tires for my wheelchair.

Stay warm everybody.

~~Tammy

ShinyPenguin

Under a foot of snow AND the kids had a snow day today! AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Betty W01

We had 12" of snow that weekend. Thank God a snow blower was given to us by a neighbor this year, or we'd still be in the house, unable to go anywhere. (Of course, maybe then I'd get some housework and filing done... ?? Nah.)

absolutewrite

Snowed plenty in NY. But now it's all ice and Anthony fell in our driveway twice already. We got no salt. Icicles are pretty, yet dangerous if they impale you. I haven't the heart to smash them down.

Vegas had better be warm. My toes are frostbitten and I've been inside for 2 hours already!

Apryl

It's supposed to get down to 3 degrees F tonight, high of low 20's tomorrow (if it's sunny). Had to bypass some monster icecicles the other day...if one of those babies came down on me, I'd be a gonner. Come to think of it, I should tell the guys at Town Hall about those puppies...they are hanging along the handicap access sidewalk!

How many heart attacks could I generate if I broke one of those beauties in half and stood outside the office, pretending to be impaled through the neck with it? Hmmmm??

biotales

recipe please for this famous soup....
Here in Nashville we are waiting a ice storm.... this ought to be fun y'all....
biotales

ShinyPenguin

So glad to see I'm not the only one with an impaled-by-an-icicle fear. My husband thinks I'm crazy. Damn those Mythbusters showing me that can happen!

ElizabethJames

A friend of ours was killed by a sheet of ice that fell on his head from the roof of a building. Kinda makes us nervous to be around ice nowadays.

biotales

I lived in Caribou Maine for about 5 years.... and Ice scares the pea-geebies out of me....
Biotales

tjosban

The week before Christmas we got a record 22-24 inches of snow. I was most definitely snowed in. My dogs couldn't even walk through the snow. They hopped from spot to spot to spot! It was funny.

This weekend, here in the southernmost tip of Indiana, we are expecting some snow and ice and all the goodies. I am staying home, except for a quick trip to walmart. :D

CindyBidar

Hey Tori, I was in Versailles for Christmas! I'm from Michigan, and I'm always shocked at how hard a little snow (not that 24 inches is a little) can hit the southern regions. Some of the back roads by my dad's hadn't been cleared yet even a week or more after the snow.

Hope you get a lot less this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.