A Life of Crime and Chocolate

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Sassy! (The Old Man is a cat, btw. :tongue)

He's doing okay, History. I never count him out. We almost lost him 2 years ago (insulin shock or whatever you call it) and I've been preparing myself ever since, while appreciating every extra second. :)

Here's hoping for many, many more extra seconds, HJ.:Hug2:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. :)

And now to reveal the depths of my craziness: I invited 9 girls (plus mine, of course) to a sleepover to celebrate dd's birthday. How many could actually make it?, I reasoned. 5? 6?

Oh yeah. There will be 10 9-year-olds at my house for a sleepover Friday night.

Help me.

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Fortunately, it's not 10 little boys. We all know boys are made with snips and snails and puppy dog tails making them little slimy Frankenstein monsters, which means...

Which means I need some caffeine don't I?

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I resemble that remark. :)
You really do. :D Stock up on some personal chocolate.

Ooh. Hey. Sedatives. You can slip sedatives into their evening milk and cookies! ... No? It's a good backup in case of emergency.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Fortunately, it's not 10 little boys. We all know boys are made with snips and snails and puppy dog tails making them little slimy Frankenstein monsters, which means...

Someone else just said the same thing this morning, that boys are much worse on sleepovers. Can't wait until the little one is old enough for such things. :eek:

Which means I need some caffeine don't I?

Yes. Yes it does.

You really do. :D Stock up on some personal chocolate.

Ooh. Hey. Sedatives. You can slip sedatives into their evening milk and cookies! ... No? It's a good backup in case of emergency.

Now why didn't I think of that?! That is a truly good idea. ::makes a reminder note to buy sedatives::

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I just had flashbacks to my one morning I worked as a preschool teacher... wah. Rather you than me, HJ, though I do like the sound of the sedatives idea.

Just thought I'd pop by, mainly because I just want to say I'm going to Paris in two weeks! I suppose eventually I will have to stop going to these scifi convention things and actually behave like a grown up, but I can do that after I've been to Paris. Only problem now is that I'm overexcited and it's bedtime. Got a meeting with the boss to discuss the blog and such and I'm going to get moaned at but I don't care because I'm going to Paris in two weeks!

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
So much going on! HJ forget the sedatives - book them into a hotel! Zelenka have a great time in Paris. I spent today teaching French. Mais quelle horreur. Or something like that. End of term tomorrow. Drinks are on me - and they'll be doubles!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Paris! C'est bonne! C'est bon? However you spell it. My French is atrocious.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
So much going on! HJ forget the sedatives - book them into a hotel! Zelenka have a great time in Paris. I spent today teaching French. Mais quelle horreur. Or something like that. End of term tomorrow. Drinks are on me - and they'll be doubles!

I'll take a double lemonade. Extra sugar. :)

I'm failing tocome up with a reason why.:Shrug:

I had the same thought. :tongue

Well, today's the day. The girl is 9 and the party's tonight. :eek:

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm failing to come up with a reason why.:Shrug:
I third this. I once thought I should be more grown up and stop talking to imaginary people in my head. Do you know how boring that is? I now cling to my imaginary people. Cons are fun, provide an excellent reason to travel, and you meet great people. Why deny yourself fun?

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Double lemonade it is HJ. Mines a VERY large scotch and soda. I have so irritated myself - forgot about the end of term champagne I put in the fridge this morning. Two weeks of not having to get up at six in the morning. Two weeks of being a total slob.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I third this. I once thought I should be more grown up and stop talking to imaginary people in my head. Do you know how boring that is? I now cling to my imaginary people. Cons are fun, provide an excellent reason to travel, and you meet great people. Why deny yourself fun?

I prefer imaginary people to be honest.

Can't wait to go to France, have booked the hotel in Paris and will spend a day just wandering around taking photographs. It's funny, but for the first time today I got a rejection, the last of my short stories that was out there, and the third in a row to be rejected (it's a kind of semi-form, very impersonal, so a bit discouraging) I'm not in tears thinking I should give up all hope of becoming a writer. I'm worried, of course, that my one and only acceptance was just a fluke and won't be repeated, but I am remarkably calm tonight. And I think going to France has something to do with it.

That, or coming home to this...
Videocallsnapshot64.jpg

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I prefer imaginary people to be honest.
Who doesn't? ;)

Can't wait to go to France, have booked the hotel in Paris and will spend a day just wandering around taking photographs.
Go here! It's been... oy, a long time since I've been to this church, but it's near l'Opera Garnier, off of a rather busy intersection, but there's a nice park around the church, with benches for sitting, and I remember it being such a nice, quiet, setting, with that beautiful church. It's one of my favorite Paris memories. In one photo I have of it, it looks like the cross at the pinnacle is on fire.

I'm sorry to hear about the rejection, but that acceptance you got is not a fluke. Maybe that's why you're calm. Your subconscious knows this. :)

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
You know I think I recognise that place, although it's been maybe 15 years or more since I was in Paris, but our hotel wasn't far from the Opera Garnier and we went around that area quite a bit. I'm really hoping I'll enjoy the city as much as I remember from that trip back then. Hopefully the weather'll be nice.

I have no idea why I'm calm, it's actually a really strange experience, because my usual first reaction is to be miserable and think I'm never going to write again. In fact I'm now so used to this reaction, I actually let myself have it for a set period of time, and then after that I have to buck up and just get back to writing. And weirdly I have been really down on my writing for a while and yeah, I am really worried that actually I just don't have what it takes, yet this isn't bothering me. And even the writing worries are a bit distant. Maybe I am mellowing out in my old age.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
I think one day you get rejection number whatever and something changes in your deepest thoughts. At that point they simply are what they are, not related to you at all.

Anyway, you got super-cat there for the humongous type hugs. Gotta help.

Sassy3421

Plotting murder..most of the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sassy3421.blogspot.com

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
The grandestbaby is awesomeness! Thanks for asking Sassy. She'll be 10 months old on the first, actually. :D What a character. She knows when she's being funny. I'll post a pic or two tomorrow.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Love the kitty, Zelenka!

So, MTSers, what are we doing to catch the avatar thief? We're not going to let the rest of the board show us up, are we?

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I have set a ninja loose to find my avatar. Ninja is closing in on the culprit/s. Beware!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:eek:

Are ninjas particularly good at crime-solving? :Shrug:

--knows almost nothing about ninjas

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Ninjas are particularly good at cutting off the feet of the thief when they get close. Makes it easy to figure out who it is when they can't get away. :tongue

Are there any other clues floating around other than the banner and avatar things?