What YA book are you reading RIGHT NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
About to start THE AGENCY: A SPY IN THE HOUSE by Y.S. Lee.

Opal

The Designated No-Stress Friend
Registered
Reaction score
Started reading Tender Morsels and it's a bit boring so far, waiting for things to pick up.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading Divergent by Veronica Roth, and please don't shoot me, but so far, it 's just meh. Maybe it will get better? It's no Hunger Games...

I didn't really get into it until about a 1/3 of the way through and then I loved it. :)

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Same here, turtle. I finished and ended up liking it, but I wasn't compelled from the start.

Finished BOY TOY, which I really did like. I've got GETTING THE GIRL by Zusak next.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I actually was compelled from the start in Divergent, but there were some middle parts that I wasn't as excited about. There were also many times I liked it better than the Hunger Games (including the beginning, because I didn't get into HG until she got to the Capital)

eastcoastgal

compulsive overeditor
Registered
Reaction score
Got antsy with how things were going in GIRL IN THE STEEL CORSET so I set it aside and picked up Libba Bray's BEAUTY QUEENS.

Couldn't. Put it. Down.

I spent the trip to my sister's blazing through it, and rather rudely finished it right here in her living room. It's snarky, irreverant and bold, but there is also a tenderness and humanity in her work that made these characters matter to me. Recommending this to everybody-and-her-aunt-Gertie.

turtledinosaur

Registered
Reaction score
Got antsy with how things were going in GIRL IN THE STEEL CORSET so I set it aside and picked up Libba Bray's BEAUTY QUEENS.

Couldn't. Put it. Down.

I spent the trip to my sister's blazing through it, and rather rudely finished it right here in her living room. It's snarky, irreverant and bold, but there is also a tenderness and humanity in her work that made these characters matter to me. Recommending this to everybody-and-her-aunt-Gertie.

Cool! I've heard a lot about this book. Libba Bray rocks!

Twinkie

spongy, yellow, & an utter mystery
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter. Love it.

Marika

Registered
Reaction score
I finished Uncommon Criminals and Supernaturally. Loved both. Now I'm reading How to Ruin a Summer Vacation, which has a great voice and an interesting location--Israel.

Katallina

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kathyanncoleman.blogspot.com
I finished Perfect Chemistry. Many thanks to those who recommended it to me. I loved it and will definitely be picking up the sequels. :)

Still deciding what I am going to read next. Can't quite decide what kind of book I'm in the mood for...

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Halfway through Rachel Hawkins' Hex Hall. My inner pagan is cringing at all the Research Fail ("That's not what bloodstone looks like! Warlock =/= Male Witch! There's no such thing as 'black' magic!") but the MC is very sharp and strong-willed. I like her a lot, and I like her voice.

adktd2bks

addicted to books
Registered
Reaction score
Finished Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr last night. I really liked this one, much darker than the others in the series, but the ending was kind of abrupt. I need to get the last one now and finish this series - it's taking me way too long to read through them.

Winterturn

Scribble, scribble.
Registered
Reaction score
I finished Laurie Halse Anderson's Chains over the weekend, and just got Forge from the library today. I had no idea that 20% of the population at the time of the Revolutionary War were slaves. I feel like I should have learned that in school.

NHN

Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently ready Delirium by Lauren Oliver, I just started and I don't have time to read it but I really want to get into it! :D

Misstiffus

So I says to the guy, I says...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm beta reading one my sister is writing. It's called Paranormal Romance and is about this dude who sets us a dating agency for nerds that helps transform them into supernatural creatures so chicks will date them. It's hilarious and makes quite a few cracks at the whole Twilight phenomenon. :)

Gavin23

Dum Spiro, Spero.
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure whether they're actually YA or not, but making my way through The Edge Chronicles :)

Opal

The Designated No-Stress Friend
Registered
Reaction score
Gave up on Tender Morsels. I kept waiting for something to happen, but it just seemed like one long introduction to me.

Starting Eternal next.

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
Finished THE NEAR WITCH last week and LOVED it. It was absolutely fantastic, and I'm going to be doing a blog review. :LilLove:

Reading a few adult books for a while before going back to YA.

Status
Not open for further replies.