I have made posts in a few threads, but have no subscriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDavid

Sleep Writin'
Registered
Reaction score
I'll make this brief because hopefully it won't take a lot of explaining. I am a member of another forum that has the same software as this one uses; they look exactly the same other than the topics and whatnot. On that forum (and on a lot of other fora, even ones that have a slightly different interface), if I post in a thread, it is automatically added to my subscriptions and I will see when new posts are made.

On this website, though, if I go to my user CP it says "There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period." Okay, that's fine, no new posts. However, if I click on "View all subscribed threads," it says there are zero.

So, basically, the short version of this is: do I need to manually subscribe to any thread I post in, or am I having some kind of glitch? Is the answer to that question the same for threads I start versus those I just participate in?

I did do some searching for this as not to duplicate a question but I could not find it. Of course, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I apologize if this has been answered before and I simply missed it.

Thanks in advance...

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
do I need to manually subscribe to any thread I post in...? Is the answer to that question the same for threads I start versus those I just participate in?

As far as I know, you have to manually subscribe. Go up to the middle of the header of the thread and look for "Thread Tools" and select "subscribe". You'll be asked to confirm it, then it'll show up in your user CP.

At one point I remember seeing an option for automatic subscriptions but that may have been before AW switch some things up a while back.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I hope.

Welcome to the Board!

:)

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Go to User CP > Edit Options (or just click). Scroll down to "Default Thread Subscription Mode". To automatically subscribe to all threads you post in, choose an option other than "Do not subscribe". For example, to follow threads only on the User CP and not via email, select "No email notification". Or if you want email notification, select "Instant email notification", "Daily email notification", or "Weekly email notification". The selected option will apply to (a) all threads you start and (b) all threads you post in. Simples! :D

ZDavid

Sleep Writin'
Registered
Reaction score
Perfect! Thanks so much the both of you! That looks like it fixed it. And thank you for the welcome, Cella :)

Heather Head

Writer for Life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writerforlife.com
Thanks, Medievalist! I actually did read that thread first, but didn't see this particular issue discussed. Must have missed it.

Good point about subscribing on fast-moving threads. I've requested daily notifications, rather than instant. I don't need all those emails in my inbox! :)

It would be nice if there were a way for the list of threads to show up in the CP without having to receive emails at all. No biggie, though. Appreciate the help!

Deleted member 42

Thanks, Medievalist! I actually did read that thread first, but didn't see this particular issue discussed. Must have missed it.

Good point about subscribing on fast-moving threads. I've requested daily notifications, rather than instant. I don't need all those emails in my inbox! :)

It would be nice if there were a way for the list of threads to show up in the CP without having to receive emails at all. No biggie, though. Appreciate the help!

If you look at the FAQ you'll notice that one of the options is "No Email Subscriptions (Subscribed threads will appear in your User CP)."

Status
Not open for further replies.