• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

YAreaderwriter

The voice of the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Erin! Did you end up finding an agent?

Thanks Stephanie! I just happened l stumble across your success story on QueryTracker!

miamyselfandi

here and there again
Registered
Reaction score
The DFWCon site shows Alec Shane of Writers House attending, but I didn't find him on Querytracker. Is he an asst who is making the move up to agent?

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My communication from him has all been on Jodi's behalf, so he's definitely still her assistant. I wouldn't be surprised if he started taking on clients of his own, though. Other WH assistants certainly have.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Anna L., you're on a roll! Can't wait to see where you end up!

BethanyCM

Something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanycmorrow.com
Query sent to Kristy King last night, full request received today around noon. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Anyone else get requests from Kristy lately? ::nudges wallflowers::

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Query sent to Kristy King last night, full request received today around noon. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Anyone else get requests from Kristy lately? ::nudges wallflowers::

Congratulations, Bethany! I received a request from her on a 1/24 query as well. She offered to answer any questions I might have, so I asked her what her average response times were like on requested material. She said she shoots to respond within a month of receipt - but often much sooner. (She also said to check in with her if more than a month passes before you hear back.)

Anyway, I thought you'd find the information helpful, too. Best of luck with your submission!

BethanyCM

Something clever here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanycmorrow.com
Thanks, Krista! I was surprised to find a line like that in the request - at least she's not shy. :) I'd think that would invite a ton of additional email, no?

Just in case you're curious, her twitter is @tyKingdom and I found this Writer's Digest interview from when she was assisting Steven Malk - LINK.

Best of luck, Krista!

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone had any dealings with Leigh Feldman? Do things go through her assistant first?

Her assistant requested the manuscript, but Leigh gave me the rejection. It was within two weeks (I thought this was amazing considering how big-time she is) and personal, full of a nice mix of praise and the reason why she was saying no. She invited me to re-sub my next work but I've since found rep.
Good luck! I think she is a fantastic agent!

RJLeahy

Banned
Reaction score
To those submitting to Writers House, thought I'd add my experience. Contacted Stephen Barr yesterday (Dan Lazar's ex-assistant) and received request for full today. I'll let you know how it works out.

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
To those submitting to Writers House, thought I'd add my experience. Contacted Stephen Barr yesterday (Dan Lazar's ex-assistant) and received request for full today. I'll let you know how it works out.

I found Stephen Barr awesome to deal with,even if he did pass on my book. Great guy.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Anyone had any dealings with Leigh Feldman? Do things go through her assistant first?

Leigh is my agent, and yes, queries and requests go through her assistant. And my R&R came from Jean, but was cc'd to Leigh. She was very fast throughout the whole process from query to full to R&R.

She's a really great communicator both before and after I signed with her. She always emails back the same day, even if Jean has responded as well.

Good luck with querying!

SamIAhm

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Kristy King responds to all of her queries? Reading that some of you got a reply the next day from her has me worried that I'm on a path to rejection, I queried her on Sunday. I know it's jumping the gun, but still when I read that you got replies in a matter of 48 hours or less I feel worried.

LMT

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Kristy King responds to all of her queries? Reading that some of you got a reply the next day from her has me worried that I'm on a path to rejection, I queried her on Sunday. I know it's jumping the gun, but still when I read that you got replies in a matter of 48 hours or less I feel worried.

I queried Kristy King on 1/24 and haven't heard back yet either. Her PM page says she responds within a month, so I thought I would requery then in case my original never made it.

SamIAhm

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Kristy King on 1/24 and haven't heard back yet either. Her PM page says she responds within a month, so I thought I would requery then in case my original never made it.

Alright, thanks so much. I think I'll requery after a month passes if she doesn't reply too. Thanks again for the info and good luck.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I had submitted a query to Stephen Malk about a year ago, but I got the rejection email from Kristy (not right for Stephen's list, etc.) with a suggestion to try another WH agent. I was wondering if I should query Kristy with my revamped YA version of the MS. At least she asks for sample pages.

notyourchambermaid

Not a fish
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses - hope all of you with work with WH agents hear back soon!

*bites nails*