• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Laura Langlie Agency

Wisteria Vine

Registered
Reaction score
Got the form R today. Less than 48 hours from "Send it!" to "You suck!" :)

That's got to be some kind of record.

bershka

I queried Laura yesterday and five hours later she requested a full.

Last edited:

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
Hey everyone! I'm new to AW, and I just wanted to give an update on my (quick) experience with Ms. Langlie:
E-queried: 2/26/12 at 3:40PM
E-rejected: 2/27/12 at 1:45AM

Very quick response time. Not the response I was looking for, but that's okay :)

Debeucci

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wesleychu.com
My friend has you all beat. She queried an agent, who requested her full. She sent it, and got a R 5 minutes after she sent the full, saying it was too traditional fantasy.

Determination

Is watching you
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone query this agent recently? I sent an email query this morning and a couple of hours later received an email that just had my query and pages pasted in it and nothing else. Is that a rejection? I have no idea! Weird!

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Does she have a website? I'm trying to find her submission guidelines.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Determination, may have been a mix-up/accident. You could always email back to clarify.

playground king, I'd check agent query (http://agentquery.com/agent_print.aspx?agentid=445)

For what it's worth, Laura's my agent and I'm very happy with her. She's very nice, super responsive, and professional. She can get a little busy, so you may need to be patient during those times, but she's very much devoted to her clients and she works on your behalf even when you don't know she's doing it.

I queried her in January of last year. By early-mid february I had a revise and resubmit. We went on submission in mid-late March. Got a revise and resubmit in June from an editor. Pulled all remaining subs. Went on submission again in February of this year. Sold German rights and World English Rights in April.

Last edited:

trickywoo

Registered
Reaction score
Determination, may have been a mix-up/accident. You could always email back to clarify.

playground king, I'd check agent query (http://agentquery.com/agent_print.aspx?agentid=445)

For what it's worth, Laura's my agent and I'm very happy with her. She's very nice, super responsive, and professional. She can get a little busy, so you may need to be a little patient during those times, but she's very much devoted to her clients and she works on your behalf even when you don't know she's doing it.

I queried her in January of last year. By early-mid february I had a revise and resubmit. We went on submission in mid-late March. Got a revise and resubmit in June from an editor. Pulled all remaining subs. Went on submission again in February of this year. Sold German rights and World English Rights in April.

That's AWESOME Mr. Anon! Congrats on your sale - so happy your book found a home at Greenwillow. Do you have a pub date?

trickywoo

Registered
Reaction score
P.S. I agree - sounds like a mixup with the query. Laura is very professional and you can expect an e-mail response from her. Maybe e-mail back for clarification?

Emualde

Registered
Reaction score
Equery 5/18
Full request 5/18 (51 minutes later)

mattkrol

Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to add my two cents as a forum "newbie."

I queried Ms. Langlie as well and received a request for a full twenty minutes later! I was impressed how fast she responded. She's now had the manuscript for 9 days, so I'm hoping that's a good sign, especially since she seems to respond fast, even to full manuscripts.

So now I have two full's out there and one partial. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

CallMeIshmael

Registered
Reaction score
Holy moly, fastest rejection I've ever gotten. 5 whole minutes! Well, I guess I don't have to wonder for the next month ...