What is Write 1 Sub 1?

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Hope it's not too late to join. On 7/1, I started an official one-year short story blitzkrieg. I'll check out the blog tonight.
It's never too late to join. We're going to be running an ongoing version of the challenge here at AW so peeps can join up whenever they want.

:welcome: to W1S1, Mel! Write hard!

Wordcaster

Straw that broke the camel's back
Registered
Reaction score
The W1S1 concept is interesting, particularly because it falls right in line with my writing productivity goals: write 1 short story a month and complete 1 novel per year. I'm behind this year with accomplishing that goal, but hope to continue at that pace from here on out.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with your goals Wordcaster! Hope you hang out with us and share your progress.

September

my word processor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so tempted to join in with this, but knowing me I would fall off the wagon, especially after I go to college in the fall. Hmmm...

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I'm so tempted to join in with this, but knowing me I would fall off the wagon, especially after I go to college in the fall. Hmmm...
Don't let that scare you away. I've fallen off the wagon so many times already that i'm now chasing behind it.

Step 1) Structure the challenge in a way that you think will benefit your writing the most, but don't get yourself down if you sometimes fall short.

Step 2) Hang out with us. :)

September

my word processor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't let that scare you away. I've fallen off the wagon so many times already that i'm now chasing behind it.

Step 1) Structure the challenge in a way that you think will benefit your writing the most, but don't get yourself down if you sometimes fall short.

Step 2) Hang out with us. :)

You sold me, I'm in. Looking forward to this. :)

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I hope none of the new folks are bothered by crickets........

Welcome!

Celesta

loves writing :)
Registered
Reaction score
Questions:

Is it too late to join? What if I want to take November off? I'm scared (ok, that's not a question)...is this really just a waste of time or do you think it would really work for me? I've been having moderate success in the self-publishing world...do I really want to set myself up for...rejections?

BlackFlag

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to give this a shot and submit something. Only problem is, I don't know where to submit my story too! There's so many markets. . .it's very confusing!

Also, should I submit to more then one? Should I submit to paid or non paying? etc.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Celesta -- never too late to join! Not a waste of time, either -- if nothing else, it's practice. And I think with this group you get medals for rejections. ;) (or at least parties. There are definitely parties.)

BlackFlag, welcome! :D

One story to one market at a time, unless they specify simultaneous subs are ok. Start with paying & work your way down (unless there's a non-paying market you really like). And, good luck!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Celesta: It's never too late to join and this whole thing is flexible. You can take vacations any time you want (even if it's for an entire month of November!) and we tend to help each other with the rejections. So in short, there's no good reason for you not to try it out :)

Celesta

loves writing :)
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to try it!

Nexus

Evolute
Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

I feel like a dumbass asking this, but what does sub mean?

Submit? That's my best guess since it fits with what you are getting at. I just want to make sure.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

I feel like a dumbass asking this, but what does sub mean?

Submit? That's my best guess since it fits with what you are getting at. I just want to make sure.

Yup! (Not on the dumbass part, but the submit part. :) )

Shelley

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to say, "Hi!" since I've been lurking around for the past couple months reading all your threads. I'm trying to create something as close to a schedule for my writing as my scattered mind will allow, and think this might help (even if I maintain a lurker with sporadic posts).

So, hello!

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to say, "Hi!" since I've been lurking around for the past couple months reading all your threads. I'm trying to create something as close to a schedule for my writing as my scattered mind will allow, and think this might help (even if I maintain a lurker with sporadic posts).

So, hello!

I thought I saw someone creeping around out there....

Welcome!

Shelley

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
I thought I saw someone creeping around out there....

Welcome!

Shelley

Yeah, I'm a bit clumsy and was the one that knocked over the vase, sorry about that. Hope it wasn't Ming or something.

PulpDogg

I should be writing
Registered
Reaction score
Fantastic idea ... I think I'll join. Problem is though ... I am the worlds biggest procrastinator, so me saying I'll join doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

But the idea is great ... and might get to write more and flesh out a few short story ideas I have.