Last Movie You Watched...

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
watched the first half of extended version of Two Towers last night. *sighs a happy dreamy sigh*

wish I could have watched it all in one shot, but I had to wake up too early this morning to get my kids ready for school and then do some writing, so I had to make a very VERY hard sacrifice to stop watching after the first CD :( :D Good thing I've already seen the movie a bajillion times ;)

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
Went to see The Raven tonight. In my personal opinion, they wrote this story very well. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. You have to put up with some gore, so if you have a weak stomach, you may have to avoid, but I felt it was done very well.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Watched the second half of Two Towers. I am a happy girl this morning :)

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
The Avengers, which is already out in movie theaters in Asia (I'm in Thailand). Fun, fun, fun.

Flowerfairy

Lady Entropia
Registered
Reaction score
The Avengers for me has a cliche storyline. Very cliche. The idea of bringing super heroes to do what? Save the world? That's too boring for me.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
The Avengers for me has a cliche storyline. Very cliche. The idea of bringing super heroes to do what? Save the world? That's too boring for me.

All the superhero movies are cliche. Every single one of them. They're not supposed to be smart movies with a clever twist. They're supposed to be action-packed and fun. That's it.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Unstoppable. Really enjoyed it. Very entertaining. (okay, okay, I'll admit it. I could watch Chris Pine and Denzel Washington doing dishes for 2 hours and I'd be entertained ;)).

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Still have the song "Scotty doesn't know" in my head, haha. Most awesome song ever. As well as his robot moves.

Err...*might have the song Scotty Doesn't Know dowloaded on my MP3 player* *is not embarrassed* *will proudly blast it with the windows down*

How awesome was Matt Damon in that cameo? SO. AWESOME.

ETA: bwahahaha...the robot scene was HILARIOUS. And the train scene. And the "twin" scene, and the red light district scene and the, "We're the Manchester United fan club...from Ohio." scene. OMG, the whole movie is one ginormous crack up.

Flowerfairy

Lady Entropia
Registered
Reaction score
All the superhero movies are cliche. Every single one of them. They're not supposed to be smart movies with a clever twist. They're supposed to be action-packed and fun. That's it.

What do you have to say to a movie like X-men, for instance? Is it all about the action? I really don't think so. It has a clever twist to it, nice story line.

IMO, Avenger was just a continuation of Thor, poorly disguised.

Last edited:

Once!

Still confused by shoelaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.will-once.com
Witness. Harrison Ford has never looked so tough and sensitive at the same time. And what scripting! Very lean and spare, with almost no dialogue that doesn't have to be there. Leaves the viewer to fill in the unexplained gaps.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Midnight in Paris, which was not the typical Woody Allen movie I expected. I recommend it.

Maryn, who almost never goes to the theater any more

MVK

Registered
Reaction score
Megamind. Which was really much more entertaining than I'd expected.

Next one will probably be Avengers, I've been hearing great things about it.

Todd Young

Registered
Reaction score
I watched a French movie yesterday called "The Class" which was very unusual, really quite good, in a French way.