Week 7 Results

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Much good luck, William, Darla & Firehorse. Have chocolate and your worries will disappear pronto.:) Happy July 4th!

susie

VoteCounter

I've made charts. I've made graphs. I've listed the names of every voter to ensure I got rid of the duplicates.

Indeed, one vote was all that separated two contestants. We had 112 votes.

This week, we're losing DJP.

Darla, your writing is fresh and compelling. We'll miss you in the final round.

DJP

pounding away at the piano..
Registered
Reaction score
Sniff, I don't have any chocolate, sniff. And yes, thank you vote counter, for doing this so quickly.

Ah, the results. Thanks for these past weeks, it's been great. I'll be sticking around. Good luck to Sarah and William. Oh and Sarah, watch out for William, I've heard he's a bully!:(

Last edited:

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Darla, you've written some amazing pieces. I look forward to reading more of your work (and let me know when you're doing a signing at Indigo ;))

Cheers,
Sarah

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to the finalists and Darla you're a super writer! You can have all the cyber chocolate I have and it's lots!:)

susie

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Oh and Sara, watch out for William, I've heard he's a bully!:(

what'd i do?

edited to add: i just saw that the results were posted. darla, you've produced some great work. best wishes to you in all your endeavors.

sarah, see you in hell.

Last edited:

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
what'd i do?
You took away her H, that's bully enough for me...

Darla! It's so sad to see anyone go at this point. You guys have been such strong contenders every week. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
jdkiggins said:
It's that black suit and skeleton, William.
Scares the h*ll out of people. LOL
Forget the avatar, it's the quality of his writing that scares me!

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
DJP said:
You didn't have to hog ALL the 'jusitfy your vote' voters. Just kidding, William, your work deserves credit.

That's funny. I watched the 'justify your vote' thread every week. I thought when I didn't see my name mentioned with a vote that I'd be voted out. Turned out, the week my name was mentioned more often was when I was booted.
Go figure. :ROFL:

Lilybiz

glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
petreaburchard.com
I'm thrilled for both William and Sarah; you make everyone at AW look good. And Darla, I can't thank you enough for the weeks of wonderful reading. In fact, that's true of all the contestants. You should all be proud. It's been a joy to read and vote.

Thank you all!

Petrea

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Well said, Petrea!

Joanne, you're right-- often, the votes don't match what you'd expect from the Justify Your Vote thread. There are a lot more people voting than justifying!

Darla, you darn well better stick around. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Sorry to see you go, Darla, but you made it to Top 3! And you have lots of fans here. Good luck with your writing!

Congrats to Haskins and Sarah. The final is going to GOOD. I wonder what Jenna is going to cook up for the

ULTIMATE DEATH MATCH

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Darla, I've truly enjoyed reading your work. And while I'm sorry to see you go, I know I'll be picking up your books at B&N one of these days. Thank you so much for doing such a superb job. :Clap:

And to William and Sarah... wow. Words fail me. Will try anyway. Huge congratulations for making it to the final round. So...

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMBLE!!!!!!!

:box:

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Well, I only joined in the last round so I haven't been following, but its been fun and I even backed one of the winners! Sad that one had to go but really, it was a hard choice and they were all good. Looking forward to the next round!

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Congratulations, Sarah and William.

Darla - I'm sorry to see you go. I thought this entry was one of your best, if not your best. I've spent a lot of time around juvenile delinquints and unrulies and I thought you did a good job capturing the kid's attitude and socio-pathetic lack of conscience. Please don't fade away.

I hope you'll post in the JFF thread with the rest of us Near Idols.

brinkett

Elder Scrolls devotee
Registered
Reaction score
Darla, thanks for posting great entries week after week. Hope to read more of your work in the future.

Paint

Warrior of Truth
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Standing at the precipitous cliff, believing I can
Website
www.shawnk.com
All three of you are just great! I think it is truely an honor to get this far. It has been so much fun for us the readers, and voters! Darla your work has so inspired me, keep it up! Sarah and William: Meet at high noon in front of the OK Corral, keyboards drawn....Wendy, please pass the popcorn; the show's about to begin! I can't wait...
Sandy

DJP

pounding away at the piano..
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the encouragement. This contest has given me confidence, and I'm definately going to do more with my writing. I'm feeling pretty good, sitting at number three under two professional full time writers. For someone that has one short story published, I'm grinning from ear to ear! JFF, here I come.:Clap: