Last Movie You Watched...

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched 2012. And, although I'm not really a huge fan of dissaster movies, for some reason I like this. Very good special effects and John whats-his-face was okay in it, too. Although not as good as he was in Grosse Point Blank. That film rocks.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. The Lord Of The Rings of neo-noir post-cyberpunk crime thrillers :banana: :D wraps up the story with a glorious knot of conspiracy and hacker action. The ending is...strangely Swedish. Everyone gets arrested? The nail gun bit was perfect though. I kind of wish Nooni Rapace had more to do or that she either hooked up with Blomkvist or his sister the attorney (I loved them both too), but her character is not to be forgotten regardless.

Last edited:

MissJones89

Writing is inevitable
Registered
Reaction score
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. The Lord Of The Rings of neo-noir post-cyberpunk crime thrillers :banana: :D wraps up the story with a glorious knot of conspiracy and hacker action. The ending is...strangely Swedish. Everyone gets arrested? The nail gun bit was perfect though. I kind of wish Nooni Rapace had more to do or that she either hooked up with Blomkvist or his sister the attorney (I loved them both too), but her character is not to be forgotten regardless.

I'm really happy with the way they made Stieg Larsson's triology into film. The movies are very good (though the books are better ;))

Last movie I saw was Resident Evil: Afterlife. I like a good kill-'em-zombies movie once in a while.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Monsters - Vaguely amoral photographer has to get rich girl back home through Mexico's infected zone. It wasn't quite a timeless classic, but I thought it was pretty darn good.

side note: I'm not huge fan of CGI in general. Werewolves and Jabba the Hutt should be latex, spaceships should be carefully lit models hanging from a wire or something. Period. However, I'm prepared to concede that CGI does have its place. The articles I read about Monsters all described it as 'low budget', but I thought (mild spoilers) the ruined cities and big beasties looked great.

carda

Gentle and earnest! And not a bit ironic!
Registered
Reaction score
The englishman that went up a hill. I could have lived without it but it was cute. Right before that I watched Pride and prejudice for about the 30th time. THAT I can't live without

jkababy

Children, ready yourselves.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkabay.com
Saw 'Hereafter' at the movies...6 of us went, 4 hated it, 1 thought "meh" and I loved it. LOVED it. Especially the part where they're at the London Book Fair and they pause in front of the Simon and Schuster booth.

I took it as a sign. :Sun:

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched 2012. And, although I'm not really a huge fan of dissaster movies, for some reason I like this. Very good special effects and John whats-his-face was okay in it, too. Although not as good as he was in Grosse Point Blank. That film rocks.

We just watched this last night. Storyline was a little silly, and the scenes with the family narrowly escaping disaster (in the car and plane) with a too over the top and completely unrealistic. But it was a fun movie, great special effects. Just don't think too hard while watching it, lol.

And I agree about Grosse Point Blank, awesome movie.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
The Social Network.
Not sure how accurate it is, but great movie.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's a custom in our house to watch V for Vendetta every Nov. 5, so we did that.

Also, this weekend: Conspiracy Theory - okay. and 28 Days Later (again, again) - not anywhere near as scarey the third and fourth time, but still a good flick.

Elwolf

Rabbit! Hunting Mode.
Registered
Reaction score
The Musketeer. Awesome movie, good jokes, amazing sword fights. What's not to love? :)

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Scott Pilgram vs The World - Cleverest, Funniest movie in a very long time. It displaces Shaun of the Dead as my fav Edgar Wright movie. F-ing Brilliant.

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
Last night: Fargo - finding the fun in a movie about horrible events with a slew of great actors - in other words a Coen classic.
Just finished seeing: Lakeview Terrace - forgettable but ok as entertainment.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The 1986 Jeff Goldblum/Geena Davis version of The Fly. Awesome squick!

Eudoxia

The Undead Bookworm
Registered
Reaction score
I just popped Coraline into the DVD player. This is probably going to be the 10th time I've watched it. I just can't get enough of this movie! :D

Alan_Often

Swashbuckler
Registered
Reaction score
Haha I watched Starship Troopers tonight too! After finishing reading Ender's Game this week I thought of it.