Greetings and salutations

Hawkmoon

Soft kitty, warm kitty....
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.inspirationhawkmoon.wix.com
Hi all my name is Jason and this is my first post. Well technically not my first post as I have succumbed to the lure of other forums in the past, but definitely my first post here. I am new to writing books of any sort, and as I love fantasy it seemed a wise move on my behalf to start there. So this is me letting you know I am here for help, advice and guidance from the old hats in the business and from the new as well. As time passes I also hope to contribute and return the favour. Now for the speed introduction.

A quick run down of myself....

• Gender - At last check, male

• Marital status - Firmly secured to the chain around my ankles...

• Children - Can put forward my own basketball team provided they don't want a break or get injured.

• Hobbies and interests - Music, reading, computers, photoshop, spirituality, golf and fishing. The last two I consider more of an attempt to bolster my list because in my eyes swinging a club at a ball does not constitute playing golf, and fishing implies the involvement of fish and the ability to catch them.

• Useful tools - Windows 7 PC armed with yWriter 5 and Freemind. I use the term "useful" lightly as I have mentioned Microsoft in the same sentence.
Well thats me in a nutshell, the perfect place for me I might add lol. I hope to meet you all here in these cyberpages. I'm sure you wont be able to miss me, I'll be the one curled up in the corner of the pub asleep after partaking in one too many cyberbaileys.....:)

Cheers
Jason

Writelock

Tribal Wanderer
Registered
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the asylum! I shall pray to the spirit of Steve Jobs that you are delivered from the curse that is Microsoft.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Good to have you here, Jason. :hi: I'm sure you'll love it here.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Jason!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the
FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.
and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips!

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Posting your writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area is explained here. This link covers the most common problems posts. found in SYW *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun AW social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome from another fantasy writer. I like your descriptions of golfing and fishing.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Hawkmoon

Soft kitty, warm kitty....
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.inspirationhawkmoon.wix.com
Welcome, Jason! I tried golf / fishing once. Scared off too many of the fish and couldn't get my deposit back on my water logged golfer pants. : )

Ha Ha, maybe if I combine the two hobbies I'll have more success. I shall call it GoFish, no wait isn't that a card game? Oh well when all else fails in life, resort to nine inch nails, a hammer, super glue and if one must, dynamite. Now there's a thought I'll blow them out of the water with the dynamite and swing a golf club at them. :D

Cheers to everyone and their comments

RoddyJDryer

Keeping it between the guardrails
Registered
Reaction score
The shimmering metropolis of Groveland, FL
Hello, and this is not my first reply, but my second. Also new to the neighborhood and wanting to get to know the crowd. The writer board is new to me; there are literate people here! I'll have to get used to that. Enjoy and good luck.

Nick12

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, like Roddy said, literate people everywhere! Encouraging, if not rather mind-boggling. Cheers Jason.

kenebaker

Master of Meh!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kenebaker.com
Hi Jason - welcome. Some advice - stick with Windows 7. I made the move and what a mission of an OS. Anyway, hope you have a good time on the forums.