Not open for further replies.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
But...we are sending you a girl army. Don't we suck a little less because of that?

:snoopy:

<3 You guys are the best. FREE NACHOES TO THE GIRL HOUNDS!!!

My eldest son, Zack, graduated today. It was a wonderful commencement followed by an equally nice party hosted by Mrs. Bluntforcetrauma #1. Oh, hello, everyone.

Congrats, Blunt! :D

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Hey Bos, didja win?

428660_257688617642079_159928490751426_589151_1981877976_n.jpg

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Gah. Y'all suck. :( I have to work Sat, Sun and Mon. Stoopid holiday.

I don't get time off this weekend, either. I am feeling a little indentured servantish, today.

No weekend off here either, as a matter of fact, I'm working double the time due to being short handed. I have little time for anything, but work. It sucks big time. It would help if the pay was worth it, but...

I need to get back into writing. As much as I enjoy my job, it sucks all of my time away.

I know the feeling. :Hug2:

Sorry I haven't been able to do any prompts guys, I can't even find time to blog or be at AW much.

But one day I'll fly, and will either be free or I'll rule the world. For the safety and general well-being of the world let's hope it's the whole free thing that wins out.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Nah, we've been here all along. You just can't tell because we are invisible.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Joe Hill's twitter feed is getting to me, today. He was tweeting about having worked on a book for three years, and being ready for it to go, but missing it, too.

I don't know why it makes me so sad to think about, but today, it really does.

I need to go kill some dragons. On paper, mind you. Uh. Because in my WIP there is a dragon. And it destroys a town. And it needs to be stopped by a young fangirl in stolen armor.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm really working hard on the voice of the piece. Fortunately, I'm a fangirl so that at least will be fairly authentic.

There's also buried treasure (well, a dragon's hoard), a minor love triangle, and some good old fashion defying authorities / self-empowering. The MC is far from lacking in agency, to say the least. Fangirls - nothing if not highly motivated.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
<Helm, thirty degrees positive in the bow planes. Prepare to surface. Thirty degrees positive on bow planes, aye, sir. Preparing to surface. Surface>

I'm here, checking in to read posts on occasion, but generally taking a rest/vacation from posting (aka keeping my stupid mouth shut) and just gerally trying not to be the obnoxious a$$hole I can usually be.

Vacation mostly, though. Went up to Grand Lake and went fishing this weekend - first time I've tried to drown lures in 15 years it seems like (last time was back around 2000 or 2001 for the great California blizzard that shut down I5).

Abby, I'd call an exterminator before those things in the ceiling get out of control.

:)

<Helm, thirty degrees down bubble. Dive, dive, dive. Thirty degrees down bubble, aye, sir.>

Last edited:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Joe Hill's twitter feed is getting to me, today. He was tweeting about having worked on a book for three years, and being ready for it to go, but missing it, too.

I don't know why it makes me so sad to think about, but today, it really does.

I need to go kill some dragons. On paper, mind you. Uh. Because in my WIP there is a dragon. And it destroys a town. And it needs to be stopped by a young fangirl in stolen armor.

:Wha:

pfft. Like a dragon couldn't take care of a fangirl. :p
Hello, hounds. Good to see you, Greg.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
*leaves trail of Cheeto fingerprints and Oreo crumbs*

Hello!

Yay Blunt Jr! Congrats!

*Banishes Ceiling Cat*

Spent the better part of Friday and Saturday at Miss Girl's dance recital - she had a great time and did pretty well. Sunday... Sunday... Hmm... Oh yeah! Sunday we did groceries and I napped on the back porch swing, then wrote for a wee bit but am working the day job today. Pllbbt...

*leaves thread, licking fingers*

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, Oreos...

<insert drool smilie here but not the one we have so I won't get chastised by a certain sheep>

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Abby... but-

I so do NOT want kids if they turn into monsters as soon as they figure out the walking and talking stuff. And the washing... Dear god, why must she wear three changes of clothes a day, plus a fresh set of pajamas? Isn't there a rule against that kind of stuff somewhere? I'm just about done with one thing when something else needs taken care of - how am I meant to do anything when I'm spending half an hour wondering how to get crayon marks out of the chairs?

I need alcohol. Pronto. Someone hook me up to an IV.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Kids are easy - once you know how to manage them.

The trick is figuring out the kid. They're kinda all different.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
*prepares single malt IV for BW*

(I sure hope that's what you like. :tongue)

Having two kids, I can definitely say it doesn't have to happen that way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.