Best E-Publishers for Children's Chapter books

Ms.Happy

Registered
Reaction score
I am ready to sub my children's chapter book. Who are the best e-publishers are for that genre? Anyone have any experience with those e-publishers?

A HUGE thank you! ;)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Ms Happy, why do you specifically want to find an e-publisher for your book? Why are you keen to avoid a print edition?

Ms.Happy

Registered
Reaction score
I have no had any success with agents or submissions to go the "traditional" route.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
It's trade publishing, not "traditional".

There are lots of good trade pubilshers which accept submissions from writers. Smaller presses, independent presses: just because you've exhausted the list of agents you wanted to try doesn't mean you're now excluded from print editions.

Did you get any requests at all from your query? If not, your query might be the thing that's not working, not your book. Build your post-count up to 50 and then you'll be able to start a thread of your own in Query Letter Hell, and get your query letter looked at. If you help other members with their query letters, they're far more likely to help you with yours once you post it.

Ms.Happy

Registered
Reaction score
Are there any trade publishers you would recommend? You seem to be very knowledgeable on this issue :)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
You have to do your own homework, I'm afraid. Not because I'm reluctant to help you, but because I don't know your book like you do, and I have no idea of how you like to work and what your aspirations are.

I really think your best bet would be to spend some time contributing to our Query Letter Hell room, and learn how good queries are constructed; then when you've got your fifty posts, post your own query letter there for critique. If it didn't do the job with agents, it's probably not going to do the job for e-publishers either, unless you submit to the ones which don't care about the quality of the books they publish. And why would you want them to publish you?

jonpiper

Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Happy, I googled and found a good site that discusses how to sell your nonfiction book.

The site suggests that to find a trade publisher for your particular book, you can first browse the book shelves in your catagory at a book store or public library to find publishers of books similiar to yours.

Then evaluate book covers and contents to determine if the publisher is right for you.

It's not a bad site, but I don't think I can post it on A.W.

Savant

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I would have love to seen an answer to her original question. Are there any good e-publishers for children's books out there?

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the 'Cooler :hi:

I would have love to seen an answer to her original question. Are there any good e-publishers for children's books out there?
Yes.

But as Old Hack said here:

You have to do your own homework, I'm afraid. Not because I'm reluctant to help you, but because I don't know your book like you do, and I have no idea of how you like to work and what your aspirations are.

...it's important to look for and find a good fit, not just a "good" publisher, e or otherwise.

Take advantage of the Bewares and Background Check forum to see what people are saying about the publishers who have caught your eye.

Also, as has been shared already, contributing to the community and getting your post count up so you can benefit from the feedback of other members is invaluable for many. Hope to see you around and good luck!

:)