Rejectomancy

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
34-day R from One Buck Horror. Seems their response times have been all over the place lately.

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
0-day personalish R from Camroc Press Review. Suggested that my work wasn't literary and it would fit better in a noir magazine.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
34-day from Glimmer Train. Wasn't expecting that one for at least another month and a half.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Geeze, that must be a record for Glimmer Train! Hopefully that means they're getting their slush in order. I did one of their pay-to-play contests, and they still took months to respond.

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
*smashes a cricket. You'll stop chirping now, won't you?

Sorry about all the Rs guys, especially those of you that submitted to OBH. I feel your pain.

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
21-day form R from Shimmer. WTF.

Chin up. I imagine they've been swamped with submissions since they tripled their pay rate. Their response times have certainly lengthened considerably.

They've always struck me as having a pretty high prestige, and now that their pay matches that, I'm sure they're just trying to keep up with the increased flood of stories.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
It's not the wait that bugs me, but the fact that it's form, and they usually hand out personal R's. I figured I'd at least get one those.

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
It's not the wait that bugs me, but the fact that it's form, and they usually hand out personal R's. I figured I'd at least get one those.

Right, I thought the WTF regarded the form. And I think them being swamped is probably the reason for that as well. Probably lots of people are getting form Rs at the moment.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm, well if they are, they're not reporting them on duo. It's mostly personals and a few acceptances.

AndreaGS

Registered
Reaction score
Website
andreagstewart.com
I'm sure some more form rejections will pop up on duotrope. I'll bet O'Dandelo is right. Bummer, though. Sorry about that.

Form R from Strange Horizons on Dreameater. Augh! Well, I've run through the pro markets for that one. I usually trunk at this point, but I really really like this story. I just sent out a query to Midnight Echo, so I'll see what happens with that. Thanks for the market suggestion, Marzioli!

mhaynes

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
Hmm, well if they are, they're not reporting them on duo. It's mostly personals and a few acceptances.

FWIW another form R just popped up on Duo.

I wonder if how personal the Rs are is individual by first reader? I know I've gotten 50% personal and 50% form in the past.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
FWIW another form R just popped up on Duo.

I wonder if how personal the Rs are is individual by first reader? I know I've gotten 50% personal and 50% form in the past.
Goodie, I'm not alone!

My R was signed by editor, Keffy Kehrli. Dunno if their editors partake in first readings as well. Maybe they were picking up the slack.

mhaynes

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
Goodie, I'm not alone!

My R was signed by editor, Keffy Kehrli. Dunno if their editors partake in first readings as well. Maybe they were picking up the slack.

The two form Rs I received from Shimmer were both from other members of the staff.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm out at Shimmer at 14 days. I guess I'll know not to count on a personal.:/