• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Heacock Hill Literary Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwriteforme

Christopher Bair
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Tom Dark on Twitter

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread here, but I wanted to give new information regarding Tom Dark's stalking and degrading personality.

I messaged him after he was already having a Twitter argument with someone else over evolution, declaring it a religion with only faith to back it up.

It was then that he refused to stop tweeting to me, telling me that I needed to stop tweeting about him, how obsessed I was with him, and that I was such a loser and not worth his time.

After I said goodbye to him, he tweeted me a few more times, getting more insulting. That is when I Googled his name and found this thread.

When I pointed out this thread to him, he got a little more unhinged.

His Twitter account is http://twitter.com/#!/TomDark9

And if you want to gander at his thought processes and how full of himself he believes he is, check out the blog link on his Twitter profile. Not for the faint at heart.

Scary that he believes he's a great literary agent, when he treats people like that.

iwriteforme

Christopher Bair
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I read, dearly sorry

I read through your issues with Tom Dark. I empathize.

The link is provided mostly for those who want to see what he is still up to. He doesn't seem to have calmed down from the experiences listed here a couple of years ago.

iwriteforme

Christopher Bair
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

htrent

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.holleytrent.com
For aspiring authors who think submission to Tom Dark is worth it, I leave this tweet...

http://twitter.com/TomDark9/statuses/148494155423821824

I've finished with him. Just thought I'd alert authors about his professionalism.

Wow. The list of people I'd call an a-hole is small, but they generally deserve it for far worse reasons than trying to engage in a rational debate. I'm sorry. No one should be attacked like that.

iwriteforme

Christopher Bair
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Well, after being blocked and moving on, he's now decided to continue. Writers, this is who will be representing you if you decide to go with Tom Dark:

http://twitter.com/TomDark9/statuses/148531655001374720

Any students of human nature out there? Want to see typical activity of a total obsessive? Check @iwriteforme 's smear campaign about me.

The creepiness of this guy... It shines through everything else.

jencarpy

Registered
Reaction score
oh Absolute Write. What EVER would I do without you......

hugs hugs hugs.

BlossomQueen

Playing the Waiting Game
Registered
Reaction score
Wow.

*checks Twitter again*

Wooooow. This guy--sometimes, I'm starting to think, a lot of rejections (and generally bad things in life) are blessings in disguise.

Now, to snag one of those agents who requested a full...

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I took this agency off my "to query" list. Thank you, Absolute Write!

The responses from Tom Dark in this thread are just...wow.

iwriteforme

Christopher Bair
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I got an email from Twitter tonight...

Tom Dark @TomDark9 is now following you (@iwriteforme).

HeadsUP

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
He's on the run about it at his own blog

comment withdrawn as per request.

But he's still a piss poor agent in my book. I've had short stories and poems published, so it's NOT like I can't write or haven't written anything...etc.. You don't have to be "GOOD AT" anything in America for "success." All it takes is having an UNCLE DADDY upstairs. That's USUALLY how HOLLYWOOD does it.

I wouldn't want Mr. Dark to handle my material whatsoever.

He SHOT HIMSELF in his own foot. Any NEGATIVE comments he receives are, thus, well deserved and of his own doing. PERIOD and -Amen.

Last edited:

HeadsUP

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
My apologies for having missed this on his blog

. Ok, then here is my OPINION about what he's complaining about which, I think, has nothing at all to do with WRITING and PUBLISHING:

That whole thread seems to be more about an alleged "Jew Hater" Peter Wells, whoever that is, than about writing or a "writers' help" website. He sounds confused to me.

Last edited:

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I'm uncomfortable with the personal comments.

ETA to clarify: While it's absolutely fair to say that someone's interpersonal skills and online persona are important with regards to their ability to be an effective agent--so looking at how they conduct themselves is appropriate to some degree--I don't think we need to bring personal issues from someone's blog here, and I definitely don't think the personal insults aimed at Mr. Dark are necessary, informative, professional, or appropriate. That's not what this forum is for.

HeadsUP, I'd seriously consider editing your those posts and removing the insults, were I you.

Last edited:

HeadsUP

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I'm uncomfortable with the personal comments.

ETA to clarify: While it's absolutely fair to say that someone's interpersonal skills and online persona are important with regards to their ability to be an effective agent--so looking at how they conduct themselves is appropriate to some degree--I don't think we need to bring personal issues from someone's blog here, and I definitely don't think the personal insults aimed at Mr. Dark are necessary, informative, professional, or appropriate. That's not what this forum is for.

HeadsUP, I'd seriously consider editing your those posts and removing the insults, were I you.

DONE

Bookie

Registered
Reaction score
Agree

My experience with Tom Dark was very similar to what others have reported here. He enthusiastically acquired me as a client but was never able to sell my book. I was actually horrified to read his manic communications to prospective editors, and some times he even misrepresented my position in order to market my book.

Worse, he wasted a lot of time calling me up at all hours to shoot the breeze for 2-3 hours at a time EACH DAY. None of these conversations were geared towards selling my book. Instead they were random musings about psychics, wars he was waging against various people, and his crusade against pedophiles.

The long, rambing emails were too much to read--In fact, I stopped readingthem after a while.I wanted to know what he was doing to sell the book. As it turns out, not much.

HeadsUP

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Professional Editors? Who are you? Who, who, who-who?

My experience with Tom Dark was very similar to what others have reported here. He enthusiastically acquired me as a client but was never able to sell my book. I was actually horrified to read his manic communications to prospective editors, and some times he even misrepresented my position in order to market my book.

Worse, he wasted a lot of time calling me up at all hours to shoot the breeze for 2-3 hours at a time EACH DAY. None of these conversations were geared towards selling my book. Instead they were random musings about psychics, wars he was waging against various people, and his crusade against pedophiles.

The long, rambing emails were too much to read--In fact, I stopped readingthem after a while.I wanted to know what he was doing to sell the book. As it turns out, not much.

Yes, indeed. Now then, a seriously rutted behavior pattern is apparently quite visible here, I'm afraid. Yes, of course. There is no mistake on second glance. Hmm....as it were.

Refer to prior posts by Dr. Clarke, aka, "ELVIKINGO," who gave a nigh identical account right here on this station, and compare your notes to his.

Indeed!

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Tom, it is time to see your doctor and review your medication

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
HeadsUP

You seem to be using this thread for little more than rhetorical flourishes and fulminating. Please stop.

If you have something of substance to contribute then do, but at this point you seem to be beating a desiccated corpse of a horse.

HeadsUP

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
THEY NEVER LISTEN

The line limit cut me off

It's supposed to be "they never listen."

thank you

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Gravity, I think HeadsUp objected to our Admin asking him to stop bumping this thread.

HeadsUp, I've read the post you deleted and I fully understand your frustration: but by repeatedly bumping the thread to bring it to the top of the list in the way that you were doing, you were only serving to dilute the message of this thread. Which is, I suspect, the opposite of what you were hoping to achieve.

If you have anything new, substantial and specific to post here, then that would be great. We'd all appreciate it. But if all you have is your continuing outrage--which many people share with you--then please stop bumping the thread up: it does not help.

HeadsUP

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Gravity, I think HeadsUp objected to our Admin asking him to stop bumping this thread.

HeadsUp, I've read the post you deleted and I fully understand your frustration: but by repeatedly bumping the thread to bring it to the top of the list in the way that you were doing, you were only serving to dilute the message of this thread. Which is, I suspect, the opposite of what you were hoping to achieve.

If you have anything new, substantial and specific to post here, then that would be great. We'd all appreciate it. But if all you have is your continuing outrage--which many people share with you--then please stop bumping the thread up: it does not help.

I've nothing more to add.

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Mr. Dark emailed me today to inform me that (I'm paraphrasing) everything on this thread is a lie by lying liars who lie.

My response is here.

I looked for any evidence of successful sales, or even a client list, and couldn't find anything. If there's any information to establish him as a legitimate agent, I'd be happy to add that to my blog post.

Status
Not open for further replies.