• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Diamond Kahn & Woods Literary Agency

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
From today's The Bookseller

Here's DWK Literary's submission guidelines.

Ella Kahn has been my literary agent's assistant since 2009 and I've worked very closely with her over the past two years. They've just launched their new agency so no sales yet but they will come.

Anyone who lands Ella as an agent will be very well taken care of, so they're open to submissions as of today. Good luck!

UPDATE - Actually it's Diamond Kahn & Woods - not Diamon. If someone could fix the title that would be great - I didn't have my glasses on when I typed it.

Last edited:

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
From today's The Bookseller

Here's DWK Literary's submission guidelines.

Ella Kahn has been my literary agent's assistant since 2009 and I've worked very closely with her over the past two years. They've just launched their new agency so no sales yet but they will come.

Anyone who lands Ella as an agent will be very well taken care of, so they're open to submissions as of today. Good luck!

UPDATE - Actually it's Diamond Kahn & Woods - not Diamon. If someone could fix the title that would be great - I didn't have my glasses on when I typed it.

Just queried Ms. Diamond Kahn the other day. Curious to see turnaround time since their still new. And thanks for the tip!

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Well, my main thought is that I just submitted to Ms. Diamond Kahn.

The reasons why are Saskatoonistan's endorsement, an interview with the pair of agents given here, and the fact that Ms. Diamond Kahn is interested in representing both YA and adult science-fiction and fantasy.

I just wrote a note to the guys at QueryTracker asking for DK&W to be added (mostly so that I can selfishly track my own query). Hopefully, if they're listed we'll get more information from the comments there.

I haven't been able to find any sales for them, but they've just started (as Sask pointed out above). They have started getting other machinery in place, such as subsidiary agents to handle translation rights.

xamich

Sescha Young
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seschayoung.blogspot.ca
I liked the interview link! Currently doing my agency research, but it sounds promising.

Looking forward to reading about the experiences others have.

allmywires

Rock-licker
Registered
Reaction score
I've submitted to them - really liked the look of the agency. Now for the wait...

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Well, my main thought is that I just submitted to Ms. Diamond Kahn.

I haven't been able to find any sales for them, but they've just started (as Sask pointed out above). They have started getting other machinery in place, such as subsidiary agents to handle translation rights.

Here's one sale: http://dkwlitagency.co.uk/2013/09/usborne-to-publish-vanessa-curtis/

And here's The Bookseller naming them as among the year's rising stars: http://www.thebookseller.com/feature/bookseller-rising-stars-2013.html

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Any new info on this agency? I just did a quick search on them and though they have a website that looks like the "typical" agency type of website, I can't find any books they have as of yet published. Granted I'm not the best at researching this kind of stuff, but I checked the first 5 authors they have listed on their "authors" page and couldn't find a single book published among them. There is one mention of one author who has a book that is GOING to be published but the trail seems to die out and there's not further info on it. All their names link to twitter accounts and linked in accounts or back to this agency, but I'm not seeing anything. I only bring it up because someone I "know" is planning to pitch to them, so I was just curious and tried checking them out and hit some dead ends. They are a UK based agency, so perhaps the info is not coming up, but I'm wondering what's going as it seems they've now been around for about a year and half? Maybe more?

Here's the link to the contest:

http://www.biggreenbookshop.com/stuf.../prod_718.html

Last edited:

oscuridad

Registered
Reaction score
They're sound, building a client base and making sales. I am lucky enough to be represented by them. Very professional.

Australian River

Registered
Reaction score
I love the look of this agency - they publish quirky books which is what I write.

I queried them today so the wait begins!

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
I love the look and feel of their website, but I probably won't query them until they've made a few more sales. There's no doubt they're legit, though. Some good experience (though I am biased, since Bryony went to my uni :p)

Outertrial

Registered
Reaction score
Hi - any more updates as to this agency?

I notice that some of the authors they list don't seem to have a finished book.

For instance this lady is working on her debut novel and is represented by them:

http://dkwlitagency.co.uk/authors/nicola-belte/

And this one:

http://dkwlitagency.co.uk/authors/natalie-hart/

I thought that an agent won't take you on unless you have a finished novel? I'm not suggesting this means they aren't legit, I just thought it was unusual, or maybe a sign that they will take more of a chance on people?

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
They have a number of books sold now, and to the better publishers. I noticed "Little Brown", "Scholastic", "Bloomsbury", "Knopf" in the children's book sales.

Last edited:

PandaNinja

Panda loves ninjas~
Registered
Reaction score
Hi - any more updates as to this agency?

I notice that some of the authors they list don't seem to have a finished book.

For instance this lady is working on her debut novel and is represented by them:

http://dkwlitagency.co.uk/authors/nicola-belte/

And this one:

http://dkwlitagency.co.uk/authors/natalie-hart/

I thought that an agent won't take you on unless you have a finished novel? I'm not suggesting this means they aren't legit, I just thought it was unusual, or maybe a sign that they will take more of a chance on people?

I took a look at that and it does make me question it. Unless those authors are in the middle of a revision and it's worded oddly, making it sound as if they are still writing their novel.

Either way, I plan on adding them to my list for querying next year.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Sometimes agents will take an author on based on a story they've written, though usually this is for literary fiction or non-fiction. And I'm not sure what would be gained by listing such an arrangement on the agency website.