• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Global Lion Intellectual Pty. Mgmt. (formerly PMA Literary & Film Management)

evol_reed

Registered
Reaction score
Received a form rejection on my full manuscript today, that I had to print out and mail as "Our computer is frequently used for responding to emails and queries, and it would be easier to read your work in the print form." So that was an expense on my part, and I received a form rejection.

Louisa

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I queried them on the 19th of may and still nothing, but then apparently they really take a long time to read stuff, so I won't worry, life's short ...:Sun:

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Gang, I'm going to merge this thread with the existing PMA thread in BR&BC.

Seat belts fastened? Trays in the upright and locked position? Here we go...

ETA: And we have arrived at our destination, with many thanks to CaoPaux.

Last edited:

shiler

Registered
Reaction score
Prompt whirlwind of activity

My co-author and I queried Peter at the first of August and received a reply in less than 48 hours. Peter has since requested our synopsis and mss, which we have sent. He has also called me on my cell twice. He has been very nice and is only interested in manuscripts that he feels have the potential to be a feature film.

He sent me a copy of his new book and I highly recommend that everyone read it. It will give you great insight into the publishing world, but even greater insight into Peter as a person. I truly believe that he is interested in Lisa and me, as people. He is not interested in selling a book. He is interested in developing the long-term careers of his clients.

I read a post that someone had made about him being sued. Yes, he has been sued once and it was thrown out of court. All of the plaintiffs appeals have been denied as well. The poster wanted everyone to know that Peter had been sued, but, apparently, didn't feel the need to tell the whole truth of the matter. That is just bad form.

All in all, I am pleased as punch with Peter.

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
I received an email from PMA yesterday in response to a recent query:

"PMA is moving offices and temporarily suspending the acceptance of any new submissions until after October 31, 2011. We are only working with our existing clients during this transition."

Either it's the real-deal, or a very unique way of sending out an "R".

Pomegranate Paul

spangle maker
Registered
Reaction score
Just noticed Adrienne Rosada now shows on The Nancy Yost Literary Agency site as combo agent/foreign rights, so it looks like she has left PMA.

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
PMA Not Accepting Queries

Sent a query just now and got this automated resposne:

Dear Author,

Thank you for your interest in PMA Literary and Film Management, Inc.

We are in the process of moving our corporate headquarters and are not accepting any new submissions at this time, unless they are of an urgent and highly commercial nature and the author has a major platform and substantial social media campaign.

Visit our submission guidelines at
www.pmalitfilm.com for future updates.

Please check out Author! Screenwriter! as an ebook on sale at
www.bn.com.

Kind Regards,

Peter Miller and the PMA Team

miles

agent at The Knight Agency
Registered
Reaction score
Website
knightagency.net
We are in the process of moving our corporate headquarters and are not accepting any new submissions at this time, unless they are of an urgent and highly commercial nature and the author has a major platform and substantial social media campaign.

This will probably lead to even more submissions, since almost every author believes their work is highly commercial/urgent and their 2000 Twitter followers are just waiting to buy their book.:)

Vivia

Registered
Reaction score
I received this from Peter:

"PMA is not accepting any new submissions unless the project is of an urgent matter or, of extraordinary immediate value in the marketplace. Or, if the author wants to hire me as a consultant to guide their career, please contact me again ( I have pasted in a flyer below and also attach). I am only interested in growing my company with long term relationships with professional authors who write cutting-edge books with global marketing potential and motion picture and television production potential. I also require that any author I work with have a thorough knowledge of internet and viral marketing."

then he advertised his book and attached a pdf file of reviews. ??
Just weird.

shiler

Registered
Reaction score
My co-author and I have just received an offer for a author-agent contract with Peter. We have flown to Miami and met him in person. The man is amazing and he truly cares about building long-term relationships with those he chooses to represent. He rejects an extremely high percentage of submissions, but he is worth the effort. Peter only wants submissions that have serious movie potential, so be forewarned. He has incredible insight and has been an invaluable resource for us. Good luck to everyone here.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I got a strange email from Peter after I sent in my query (I didn't even adhere to the guidelines) and he sent me all these attachments and links (half of them I couldn't open) and said if we share a common interest then to get back to him. He didn't ask to see more of my work (not yet at least.) But at least it wasn't a "no" either. Have you guys gotten anything like this?

codeorange

Some of my friends are fictional.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
runwiththeorange.wordpress.com
Oops. (bangs head on desk) What I meant to write was accepting query letters--it was a long day. Peter Miller is in the process of moving and temporarily closed to submissions. I think he sent you that strange email as a way to tell you to follow his guidelines. Just check his web site for when to resend. Yes, I believe you have the correct email.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
The email didn't say to follow the guidelines or to resend at a later date. He said if we have common interests (links and attached) then to get back to him.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Well apparently it went from weird to weirder. I wrote him back saying I was interested in hearing more, (really I didn't know what else to say...like I said, he didn't ask to see the ms. yet) and he responded with: "What do you want to hear?"

AND when I wrote him, I brought up again, let me know if you want to see the ms. type of thing, and he didn't mention anything about it. Strange.

richcapo

Knight Templar
Registered
Reaction score
Spoke to Mr. Miller on Monday. He requested my full. He is a very nice and very professional man in my opinion.

I'll keep you posted.

JustaDude

Registered
Reaction score
So, Richard, have you heard back from PMI yet? I was wondering how long they take/took to read your full manuscript request. Hopefully, you had good luck..........