Hillary Clinton faints, gets concussion...

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Dammit, I just got through saying to someone, 'Call me when that actually happens' about the not testifying.

I'll be getting that call for sure. I probably agree with them, though I don't like that.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Breaking News: Hillary Clinton is hospitalized with a blood clot related to a concussion earlier this month, her spokesman said.

Details forthcoming...

Deleted member 42

Breaking News: Hillary Clinton is hospitalized with a blood clot related to a concussion earlier this month, her spokesman said.

Details forthcoming...

Shit.

That's potentially awful. I'll be over here thinking good thoughts.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All those no class, no decency Republicans who said Hillary Clinton was faking her illness (I'm looking at YOU, Alan West, you repulsive loser!) need to apologize.

I know they won't, but hopefully they will at least STFU!

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here are more details:

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has been admitted to a New York hospital for treatment of a blood clot, her spokesman said Sunday.

State Department Spokesman Philippe Reines said Clinton had entered the hospital following a medical examination for a concussion she sustained earlier this month.

"In the course of a follow-up exam today, Secretary Clinton's doctors discovered a blood clot had formed, stemming from the concussion she sustained several weeks ago," Reines said in a statement. "She is being treated with anti-coagulants and is at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital so that they can monitor the medication over the next 48 hours."

Reines added, "Her doctors will continue to assess her condition, including other issues associated with her concussion. They will determine if any further action is required."
The possible good news here is a doctor on CNN said that while any blood clot is serious, it's likely the clot is not in Clinton's brain as they would not be giving her blood thinners if that was where it was located.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Bummer. Not a cool way to ring in the new year. I hope she recovers quickly, and is able to rest. I can't imagine a job like hers offers many opoprtunities to let the mind relax.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
statement from doctors

"In the course of a routine follow-up MRI on Sunday, the scan revealed that a right transverse sinus venous thrombosis had formed. This is a clot in the vein that is situated in the space between the brain and the skull behind the right ear. It did not result in a stroke, or neurological damage. To help dissolve this clot, her medical team began treating the Secretary with blood thinners. She will be released once the medication dose has been established. In all other aspects of her recovery, the Secretary is making excellent progress and we are confident she will make a full recovery. She is in good spirits, engaging with her doctors, her family, and her staff."

sulong

It's a matter of what is.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just happy she had government sponsored health care when she needed it. Good for her.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
That is terrible!

I know I'm one of the ones who thought it was very unlike Hillary to take a week off, and I was suspicious, but I'm also amazing in my ability to have the worst coincidences happen to me and blow my credibility. Ask my undergrad profs :D It truly, truly sucks, and I apologize for being skeptical of her.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Saw this today and thought I'd mention it here:

Hillary Clinton has topped Gallup's "Most Admired Woman" poll yet again - her seventeenth time, and her eleventh consecutive time. The only woman who comes anywhere close to Hillary's winning record is Eleanor Roosevelt, who won the title thirteen times.

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/obama-clinton-top-list-of-most-admired-people-of-2

She has said before that she will not be running for president. That may well be a wise choice, but she certainly commands a formidable level of respect and support.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She has said before that she will not be running for president. That may well be a wise choice, but she certainly commands a formidable level of respect and support.

There's no Democrat that comes close to Clinton's poll numbers for 2016. If she wants the nomination, it's going to be tough for anyone to deny her.

However, her age, and now her health, will be used as reasons to rule Clinton out. Her statements that she will not run for president have to be placed in the context of the times. Hillary Clinton knows she's a top contender for the presidency. It would be foolish to squander all the good will and positive polling she is presently enjoying by demonstrating any overt desire for the presidency.

I believe Clinton will take a year off. Maybe two, but by the latter part of 2014, don't be surprised if those whispers of another run by the Secretary of State/former U.S. Senator/former First Lady become louder and louder...

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fox News found Sec. Clinton's concussion hilarious. :ROFL:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/0...the-health-problems-of-hillary-clinton-video/

The always vile John Bolton hasn't changed his position since the blood clot was discovered. Greg Gutfeld of The Five went on the attack against any criticism of their mockery. So everyone does it so we get to do it too, huh? Do these people have any sense of decency? How about a little class?

UPDATE: That's what I get when I'm sleep-deprived. The right link is now provided (thanks, folks).

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Eh, presuming this was as random a confluence of events as it seems, I don't think it'll have any impact on her run.

People with actual health issues have been nominated, in the recent past. This weirdness isn't really a health issue, imo. It could've happened to anyone, at any age.