FAWM and FebNoWriMo!

jasonaaronfox

idle hands
Registered
Reaction score
Began the process of editing my two manuscripts yesturday. 80k and 60k that needs revision. Here's praying it goes fast.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Read 3 chapters of a book yesterday, and finished Futurama season 6.

Not exactly creative accomplishments, but it's something.

Then I fell asleep at 7.30pm while laying down, and the rest of the night was wasted.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
First edits of 3 chapters of my novel DONE.

I'm waiting till I've read the whole thing before I decide on style edits... But so far, I've removed a bunch of sentences that were useless, and changed a few others that weren't clear enough.

Having an AW-break now. :)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Started the first draft of a short story... :D It's about 90% there, but it's a HUGE mess... But I think that's more from the realization that I could stop editing my writing if I couldn't see it... If only I would've remembered that my computer screen rotates 180 degrees before NaNo... >.< So yeah, I have roughly 750 words (assuming I hit the space bar between most of my words, haven't checked yet... :D) and a LOT of editing to look forward to. It's writing, but it's crap. :tongue

~Amber~

jasonaaronfox

idle hands
Registered
Reaction score
Edited 20k of my second novel the last few days.

Another 40k of basic editing, then I add to the story another 10k or 20k... God willing.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
... I had something I was going to do... Can't remember what it was... And I think it was important... ._. Well, that's not a good sign...

~Amber~

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
Man, I am so behind, I really need to stop making Graphics in Gimp and do some actual writing:tongue 0 words on my new novel so far. I'm out tomorrow afternoon, but determined to get some time spent on it before and after:)

Congrats to everyone else:)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Ben. :)

I saw the thread a little while ago, Cliff, and I was just about to ask if anyone responded. :) Glad you found people.

Read one more book, which brings my total up to 9. I've hurt the same arm two days in a row during PE (badminton racket hitting my wrist a few hundred times today... And one of my classmates decided it'd be brilliant to pick me up and run across the gym... And then he fell over... Funny, but slightly painful), so I haven't really felt like typing much... I made a to-do list, but I think I can spread my goals for it out a little more than I have and still get everything I need to done. :) (Sheesh, it feels like the end of the month already...)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, this month has flown by.

I've made small goals for myself today. So far I've watched 2 episodes of House and read 2 chapters of Fateful.

I'm trying to get past my backlog of books and DVDs, so they count as goals right now.

Next, I get to edit my 2nd novel. I'm aiming for 4 more chapters today. Then it's 1 episode of Bored To Death, and all my goals will be done. :)

Baby steps, I guess. I'm still getting used to having free time, now that my job has ended. Of course, I start Uni on Monday... So I'll go back to being heaps busy before long.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
2 more chapters edited. I have realised 2 things:

1. My writing is pretty tight.
2. My MC is a very flawed person. I never knew I could write someone like that. But I did, years ago. I'm not sure if that'll work to my advantage or not, but at least he's consistent...

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Edited 2 more chapters, and watched an episode of Bored To Death.

All my small goals for the day have been achieved. Woo!

And I finished right on 5.30pm. :) The rest of the night is for whatever I want.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
And I now have a 3rd person asking about betaing. This one wants me to beta read for him in return, which is fine by me.

I'm super nervous now... People will be reading my novel! People who aren't related to me! Eep!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Woo! Gogogo everyone!

On my end, this morning I have lodged an unempoyment form, taken money to the bank, drawn out more than I deposited (the deposit was mostly coins... but I drew out notes :)) because of a big bill that came in last night, bought 2 months worth of medication and... Well, that's about it.

Actually, one thing I've done today is something that I didn't do. I did NOT spend money on anything frivolous, despite the fact that I was at the mall. Woo!

jasonaaronfox

idle hands
Registered
Reaction score
Finished basic editing on 60k second novel, now to add 20k somewhere :Headbang:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Edited 2 more chapters.

I have also read 2 chapters of Fateful and watched 2 episodes of Bored To Death.

I still have to edit 2 more chapters and watch 1 episode of House before I can cross everything off my list for the day.

Slowly making progress... And I've noticed that now that I'm using a To-Do List each day, I'm not napping anymore. I'm actually doing things.

Progress... How I've missed thee!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still napping though... :tongue I'm not getting done what I should be getting done... Think I'm going to write during English today, take a Spanish exam during PE or a TA period, and then try to get whatever I can done this weekend...

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
... Or not. My Spanish-exam-giver-person-thing isn't here today, so I'll try for Monday. Oh well.

~Amber~