• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Cornerstone Literary Agency

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
i couldn't find a thread on this agency.
http://www.cornerstoneliterary.com/

headed by Helen Breitwieser?
http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/HelenB/

has anyone queried them before?
they seem to have oodles of clients.
just wondering if someone has personal
experience with this agency.
thanks!
s.gif

David I

Registered
Reaction score
Never queried them, but Helen Breitweiser is a rather well-known agent with a decent track record and many years in the business--I've heard her name tossed around for five or six years now.

Cornerstone is also the US representative for at least one killer UK agencies (Darley Anderson). This suggests that other agents think she is a good agent.

Maui Author

Halfway between here and there
Registered
Reaction score
I got a form rejection from them today saying they aren't taking new clients due to an extremely heavy workload. Just an FYI in case anyone was thinking of querying them.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
maui, that's funny you heard from them today.

i got a 43 day request via email for first three chapters
today. i had sent a snail query with SASE.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
New Client Update:

Received the following from Cornerstone Lit in snail mail today:

"We are sorry to say we are not taking new clients at this time due to an extremely heavy workload and a primary obligation to our existing clients."

FWIW

bocabum

Procrastinator/Doddlebutter
Registered
Reaction score
This is probably a dead thread, but I received the same rejection today...not taking any new clients. I guess that's their way of saying, 'no thank you'.

What can ya do, but move on to the next agent!

pandora_6666

Lost in the cyber jungle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
on their website under submission guidelines it just says that they are not accepting any unsolicited email inquiries and that all unsolicited manuscripts will be returned unopened - so I'd guess they really aren't taking anyone else at the moment.

Leukman

Pernicious...n'stuff.
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, but on Agent Query it says she doesn't take email queries, but that she IS accepting queries?

Very mixed messages here..

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Submission Guidelines

We do not respond to unsolicited email inquiries. All unsolicited manuscripts will be returned unopened.
Translation: Query first, by snail mail.

JinniBlack

Registered
Reaction score
Cornerstone Reply

I queried Helen Breitwieser in December on a ms. Got a request for the first three chapters (responded that it was under an exclusive). They responded that they would wait until the end of that period. I sent the requested chapters, but haven't heard back. I should follow up, but I've been querying heavily on another project and haven't gotten back to it, but thought about it today when I was updating my Excel chart.

Liz Madison

Simply Baroque
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Cornerstone Literary Agency about a year ago. I received an e-mail response from Helen Breitwieser (don't know if she's the only agent there or what) that if I hadn't signed with an agent yet that I should send her the first three chapters. Shortly afterward I received a letter that said she wasn't accepting any more clients. I queried her wondering if there had been some mistake (the timing from when I sent in the requested chapters and receiving the form reject letter was very close), and she responded right away instructing me to ignore that letter. She called a month later and said she loved the first three chapters and that I should send the rest of the manuscript. How excited I was! But I never heard back from her, despite several attempts to confirm what's obviously a rejection. I understand that she's got a good reputation, but my experience was frustrating to say the least. Ah well. Onward!