A New Sentence Game

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all...

It's been a while since I started a thread.

I don't know if this has been done. I did a search and couldn't find anything.

So, here be da rules. :rulez

1) I will start with a sentence starting the story.
2) The next person will follow up with a COMPLETE sentence. :D (and I'll be watching...so if anyone messes it up, I bring out the Dalek...).
3) The sentence can be funny or serious, as long as it connects to the previous sentence in some way.
4) Dialogue can be used, but sparingly.
5) Try not to chance tenses or POV in the middle of a story. ;)
6) After 25 sentences or so, a person may end the story so another individual can start a new one. Alternatively, we may find that we have a never-ending story in this thread.

Example --

Person 1: The moon was bright, and the monkeys came out to play.
Person 2: The monkeys brought bananas and danced in the moonlight, hitting me with tree branches as they frolicked joyfully.

See? Okay...for realsies this time. Have fun!

###

One day, a hippopotamus was walking across whatever hippos walk on, and he realized he was hungry.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Thankfully, what he was walking on turned out to be small rodents, and these proved tasty, once he had spatulaed them off the airport's runway tarmac.

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
The hippo was not watching where he was going, however, and he nearly got hit by an airplane on the runway.

jjdebenedictis

Registered
Reaction score
Mort didn't want to admit he sometimes slapped in a set of fake fangs, slathered his majestic hippo-ness in glitter, and tried to pick up lady-hippos.

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
He also tried to convince the lady-hippos that he won the Powerball, but it turned out he was instead $1 million in debt.

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
Regardless of the answer to that philosophical question, Mort and Ness understood that it was time to leave the airport once and for all.

jjdebenedictis

Registered
Reaction score
They decided to leave it by hijacking a plane and driving it through the walls, cutting a rough-edged groove through the building that extended from tarmac to taxi stand.

jjdebenedictis

Registered
Reaction score
There was a reason for that, and the reason was quaaludes, but Ness' self-medication did not turn out to be sufficient to keep her calm through what happened to them next.

FoxyLoxy

Registered
Reaction score
After spending years of wallowing, she had to ditch the drugs, Mort was counting on her.