Nikita

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the CW's take on this one?

The original La Femme Nikita was great. The remake was awful. The series I loved (for a couple of seasons, anyway), and now CW is picking up Nikita's story 3 years after she ran away from Section One. Maggie Q takes over the title character's role.

I'm hopeful because I loved the other series, but ... it's CW... :(

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
That was my first thought, too. But Maggie's not a teen and she's definitely got the stunt background to pull it off if given the opportunity (she was one of Jackie Chan's stunt team before she started taking named roles.)

Violeta

All I Ever Wanted Was The World
Registered
Reaction score
Resurrecting this. I can't believe none else did.

This is one of my favourite shows of all time, and it's so unbelievable good!
I was a fan of the La Femme Nikita series, too, but I don't regret
giving it a chance to its remake. In fact, every day that passes
I'm more and more pleased with this show.

Last edited:

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
I almost dropped the show after half of season one. It didn't feel like the Nikitas I knew, more like they stuffed the original La Femme Nikita premise into one end of development limbo, and this was what came out. Watched the rest of S1 some time later, have been hooked since the first season finale.

They're not afraid to turn their whole set-up upside down, several times over. I like that a lot. S3 felt a little formulaic at first, though, but they seem to have been picking up pace again recently.

Violeta

Registered
Reaction score
Can't believe what happened at the end of Friday's ep!!

I know! I'm still processing it. That episode was the pure definition of epicness, it had
everything! And I really loved the good little spy scene. Hahha so uncomfortably
funny! :D But yeah, the ending was a shock. Don't think any of us saw that coming. :tongue

Yeah, gotta agree with you, Max. This show never gets boring or predictable. That's why it's so
awesome. I got hooked around the fifth episode of season one. That was the moment.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
At least the second time Shane West (Michael) has had a TV amputation. It's so huge for the whole rest of "Nikita"....they've got some advanced tech, but not a new human hand. Something tells me he's not a person that will take this kind of injury well. Lots of angst ahead. Now Nikita will need Owen or Alex or Sean to back her up, instead.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Ep 9:

Things aren't looking good for Mikita. Michael's still pushing her away.

Some pretty funny snark tonight amidst everything else.

Sean was back, and guess he and Alex made up, at least for tonight.

Owen definitely has different training than Nikita, and his efforts at the spy game are hilarious. Poor guy doesn't do well with people, and learning on the job is tough. But he and Nikita have worked well before, which is why she isn't mad about any of his fumbling. She knows he has her back.

Birkhoff found someone that could heal Michael.....though at what cost. That's next week's ep.

Violeta

Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL:Yeah, undercover Owen is hilarious!

Nah. Nikita's there. She wouldn't let it get to that.

And after telling us last week about this doctor guy, it was such a disappointing episode this week...! Pretty boring. Uneventful. No Owen to be seen... :e2zipped: I don't like that Ryan gets so much screen time while Owen appears when they absolutely, necessarily, need him to. Not really fair.

I wasn't very fond of Alex and Sean to begin with, but their last scene was pretty cool. I may still change my mind.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Devon Sawa is a regular this season, so Owen will have plenty to do. :)

Descriptions for the next 2 eps:

"Black Badge"
AMANDA FRAMES SEAN FOR MURDER - A CIA agent named Naomi (guest star Amanda Schull) comes across a file detailing Madeline Pierce's involvement with Division and turns it over to the Director of the CIA, Morgan Kendrick (guest star Brian Howe). When Kendrick is killed shortly thereafter, Amanda (Melinda Clarke) frames Sean (Dillon Casey) for the assassination and the CIA takes him into custody. Nikita (Maggie Q) promises Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) they will free Sean and comes up with a plan that could either save him or cost him his life. David Grossman directed the episode written by Mary Trahan (#311).

"With Fire"
ARI SEEKS HELP FROM DIVISION — After Birkhoff (Aaron Stanford) gets a tip from Shadowbot that Ari (guest star Peter Outerbridge) is in NY, Nikita (Maggie Q) and Owen (Devon Sawa) swoop in to pick him up before the FBI does. However, Ari reveals he planned everything for a chance to talk to Nikita. He tells her that Amanda (Melinda Clarke) has gone too far and is working with a terrorist who plans an attack on American soil. Ari wants fifty million dollars for the information that could lead to the terrorist’s (Peter Marek) capture. Nikita and Michael are stunned when Ryan (Noah Bean) considers paying the bribe. Meanwhile, Sean (Dillon Casey) is jealous of Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) and Owen’s relationship. Eagle Egilsson directed the episode written by Carlos Coto (#312).

Violeta

Registered
Reaction score
We all saw it coming, but I was hoping they'd find a way around it.

SPOILER & Mini-rant: Poor Ari. I really liked him, and would have loved for him to be on Team Nikita with the rest of them. He was awesome and entertaining. And geez, now I'm sad, and mad. I wish it was stupid Ryan the one who died. Why won't he die??? He's good for nothing. Nothing. He's not even funny, and still, he gets more screen time than Owen, who is 100 better than him. :rant: End Of Spoiler / Rant.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Owen might finally learn some things about his past in the April 12 episode of Nikita. Here’s how The CW describes it:

OWEN BEGINS TO UNLOCK THE SECRETS OF HIS PAST — Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) confesses her desire to leave Division to Birkhoff (Aaron Stanford), while Amanda (Melinda Clarke) begins providing Owen (Devon Sawa) with something he was never able to find – memories of his real past. Despite Nikita’s (Maggie Q) attempts to help, Owen begins to confront the events of his past. Shane West and Dillon Casey also star. Chris Peppe directed the episode written by Kamran Pasha (#317).

Last edited:

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
"Masks"
OWEN BEGINS TO UNLOCK THE SECRETS OF HIS PAST —Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) confesses her desire to leave Division to Birkhoff (Aaron Stanford), while Amanda (Melinda Clarke) begins providing Owen (Devon Sawa) with something he was never able to find – memories of his real past. Despite Nikita’s (Maggie Q) attempts to help, Owen begins to confront the events of his past. Shane West and Dillon Casey also star. Chris Peppe directed the episode written by Kamran Pasha (#317).

Amanda kills Danforth.
Michael sends Owen to scrub his house clean of their surveillance and Amanda drugs him and reactivates the memories of his past. He was Sam Matthews, Special Forces.

Sam sells Nikita to Amanda. She gives him $50,000. He wants more, so she tells him to get the black box. She has contacts to sell it to.

Amanda tells Nikita what she did to Alex. The whole Larissa thing was a delusion. A planted story that sent Alex in the right direction. She thinks she's doing what's best for the people she cares about - and betraying Nikita in the process.

Michael figured out Owen isn't acting right and confronts him. They fight, but Michael can't punch with his healing hand. Then the mutineers come in and take Michael into custody!
Oh hell. The mutiny has a mutiny. Rachel is out of jail. They're taking over Division now. Rachel tells all that they can either side with them and be free, or be shot on sight. It's out of Alex's control now.
Owen calls Amanda and she puts it on speaker for Nikita to hear. And so it begins.

Next week, Amanda puts Nikita through mind crap to show her what made Amanda. We'll see what made her so twisted. Trippy!

"Broken Home"
BROKEN MEMORIES, BROKEN HOMES LEAD TO DEATH IN DIVISION — Strapped down and drugged, Nikita (Maggie Q) is subjected to Amanda’s (Melinda Clarke) horrific mental conditioning process, sending her down a terrible trip through memory lane. In the process, Nikita discovers Amanda’s deepest, most guarded secret ever. Now revealed as leader of the uprising, Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) struggles to save everyone as events violently escalate. With Michael (Shane West) locked away by Division conspirators, Birkhoff (Aaron Stanford) and Sean (Dillon Casey) must step up to save the women they love. Meanwhile, Owen’s (Devon Sawa) new-found memories drive him to disturbing actions during Division’s lock-down. John Badham directed the episode written by Terry Matalas & Travis Fickett (#318).

I have more episode summaries:

"Self-Destruct"
DIRTIED WITH DIVISION BLOOD AND DESTRUCTION, AN EMOTIONAL ALEX REVERTS TO OLD WAYS, STRIKING OUT WITH A VENGEANCE — Shattered by Amanda’s (Melinda Clarke) programming, her inability to save everyone, and her ultimate responsibility for the tragic events at Division, Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) reverts to old ways and violently strikes out. With most of their compatriots dead, broken, or scattered to the wind, Nikita (Maggie Q) and Michael (Shane West) together must pick through the ashes of Division to see who and what can be salvaged – and quickly, before the President realizes the sinking depth of the damage. Memories of Division’s glory days haunt them. Birkhoff (Aaron Stanford) struggles with his own personal losses. Noah Bean, Dillon Casey, and Devon Sawa also star. Nick Copus directed the episode written by Kristen Reidel (#319).

“High-Value Target.”
WIKILEAKS TIMES A MILLION — Seized from the wreckage of Division, the black box falls into the hands of a mutinous agent guided by Amanda (Melinda Clarke). Select leaks to sweeten the box’s sale immediately put what’s left of the team in peril from potential international buyers and the President. With no support staff, few leads, and clock ticking, arms dealer/reformed rogue Cyrus (guest star Isaiah Mustafa) returns to do right. With his help, Nikita, Michael (Shane West), and Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) stage a daring op at the tightly-secured G-20 economic summit to regain control of the box and everyone’s future. Noah Bean, Dillon Casey, Aaron Stanford, and Devon Sawa also star. Dan Sackheim directed the episode written by Michael Brandon Guercio (#320).

Don't have a title or summary for ep 21.

Season finale title is “Til Death Do Us Part”.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I've wondered about this show (thanks for using spoilery writing, btw, that helps me avoid seeing stuff). I saw the 90s television show and really liked it. I also loved the original movie and enjoyed the US remake as well . . . obviously, I'm not TOO picky about the remake, lol.

Worth a shot? I dig some CW shows (Supernatural and such). It got renewed for a 2nd season, correct? That's a good sign.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
I've wondered about this show (thanks for using spoilery writing, btw, that helps me avoid seeing stuff). I saw the 90s television show and really liked it. I also loved the original movie and enjoyed the US remake as well . . . obviously, I'm not TOO picky about the remake, lol.

Worth a shot? I dig some CW shows (Supernatural and such). It got renewed for a 2nd season, correct? That's a good sign.

Currently airing a 3rd season. It's so well done. They're not afraid to take risks and twists and turns. Bit of a shame it's been on The CW, actually, as it's stuck with a small but loyal audience. Seems to do well in digital viewing, though, as we have enough of a fandom for Comic Con panels in San Diego.

rosesindec

Registered
Reaction score
I far preferred the original La Femme Nikita TV series (due to the darkness, originality, characters, and actors), but this one is pretty decent too. I like that in general, it is a little more adult than the usual CW fare. (Though I do like a couple of the other CW shows as well). I also enjoy some of the supporting characters and the sets. It's a better show than quite a few on TV right now. I haven't heard --- has it been picked up for a new season or is that still to be determined in May?

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
I far preferred the original La Femme Nikita TV series (due to the darkness, originality, characters, and actors), but this one is pretty decent too. I like that in general, it is a little more adult than the usual CW fare. (Though I do like a couple of the other CW shows as well). I also enjoy some of the supporting characters and the sets. It's a better show than quite a few on TV right now. I haven't heard --- has it been picked up for a new season or is that still to be determined in May?

Not announced yet. Determined in May. Don't know if it'll get a full 22 episodes, though that would qualify it for syndication.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Uh-huh. Poor Sean.

(I have a feeling killing off a character or two will be part of them meeting the budget for a 4th season, which is sad.)