Grimm

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
I'll give it a season. It could use a bit more humor. Hopefully it won't go the route of Sanctuary and abandon all traces of reason and science

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
After watching the second episode, I find that Kate Burton's character (Aunt Marie) was in fact a cancer patient, who presumably had had chemotherapy and/or radiation, accounting for the shaven head.

And one tough woman, who seems a lot more interesting than the main character. Damn, I wish the show were about her.

Steve Coate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coaterack.blogspot.com
Enjoying the show, despite the occasional contrivance like the one mentioned earlier. I suspect the show might be similar to Hawaii Five-O in that regard. Fun to watch, even if some of what happens is impossible or incredulous.

And apropos of nothing, Det. Grimm reminds me of Brandon Routh for some reason.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Saw the latest episode the other day, and as much as I like the twist on the piggy blowing up the wolf's house, I just can't stand the characters. The Grimm guy is so vanilla, it hurts. Monroe is the only remotely interesting character, the show should be about him and how he's continually being pestered by an incompetent Grimm for help.

And it's barely a cop show. How can someone simply walk right into a police station, without being noticed, and start rifling through police reports?

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I DO! I absolutely love it, I thought I was burned out on Urban Fantasy then this story came along. I admire the subtle and slow way they're revealing the world mythos instead of vomiting it all over our laps beacuse they're so proud of it. It seems more realistic, plus it's a rare show where I like all the characters in it. Even Nick is show as active instead of reactive and he's just IDK...likeable to me. Even his girlfriend is growing on me when they stopped trying to so hard to make her plucky love interest. I hope she sticks around and isn't killed off for angst.

rockurself

Registered
Reaction score
I know. It one of the rare shows I feel is getting better and better after each episode. I don't know if you have seen the preview for the next episode, but I cannot wait. It looks amazing!

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Next ep isn't until March 30, argh. The preview said next week, but it was wrong (or changed). Ep 16 will be awesome.

I had little doubt of liking the show since it's David Greenwalt at the helm.

Monroe is hilarious.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I watch it too and I love it! The scenary is amazing alone. I think they have a nice variety of bad guys, one week it's spiders and the next week it's bees and so on. It's not just all vampires and werewolves. And those dead bodies are pretty freaky too.

Monroe is the absolute best.

JQTrotter

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jacquelinetrotter.wordpress.com
I'll continue to watch this show for the rest of the season and while I like it (sort of) it's not great. The writing and acting are of high quality. I really like the Brothers Grimm stories and very little of the things they do in the Grimm show is actually related to the stories. For the most part they just pull quotes out of the stories that really wouldn't have had anything to do with what happened in the show. But I don't mind that too much.

The writing is bad, the girl that plays the girlfriend I could really do without. She hasn't a important purpose in the show. And the whole guy with a secret that loves a girl but can't tell her has been done to death already (spiderman, superman, pretty much any hero...).

Monroe (the wolf guy) is the best part of the show in my opinion. He's funny, helpful, and good at acting.

Oh, and Sgt. Wu is a pointless stereotype much like Hank Griffin.

I don't foresee the show lasting beyond this season. Mostly because they introduce twists and then don't bother to deal with them (like in that Bee episode near the start where the women warned him that he is coming -- whoever he is should have shown up again. Or how that blond girl going on a date with Hank). I don't think the show really has it's act together.

Brandon Locke

Registered
Reaction score
I'll give it a season. It could use a bit more humor. Hopefully it won't go the route of Sanctuary and abandon all traces of reason and science

NBC has already picked up a 22 episode 2nd season.

I love this show. I was trying not to get attached because this concept doesn't usually seem to fly with mainstream networks. I failed with that. I'm glad it was picked up and is getting good success.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
NBC has already picked up a 22 episode 2nd season.

I love this show. I was trying not to get attached because this concept doesn't usually seem to fly with mainstream networks. I failed with that. I'm glad it was picked up and is getting good success.
I had pretty much assumed it would be cancelled, but I'm glad to hear I was wrong.

The flaws people have pointed out in the show are all true. There are plot holes, the cop stuff is not only inaccurate, it often makes no sense etc. It's not really a very good show at all.

But, still, I never miss an episode -- it's one of my favorite shows on TV. A guilty pleasure, I suppose

Brandon Locke

Registered
Reaction score
I had pretty much assumed it would be cancelled, but I'm glad to hear I was wrong.

The flaws people have pointed out in the show are all true. There are plot holes, the cop stuff is not only inaccurate, it often makes no sense etc. It's not really a very good show at all.

But, still, I never miss an episode -- it's one of my favorite shows on TV. A guilty pleasure, I suppose

Nothing wrong with those. :tongue

Mine is An American Horror Story.

Thump

defying grabbity
Registered
Reaction score
Spending one short day in the Emerald City
I enjoy it but I do find the MC to be reeeeaaally boring but Monroe is great. The stories are a bit silly and shallow but I do enjoy monster-of-the-week shows. They jump the shark a lot though and I'm having a hard time seeing any internal consistence but I'll keep watching probably. I think they either need to go more humorous or grimmer (heh) to make it more distinctive. I'd vote more comedic, maybe a tone more similar to Castle because, seriously, "dark and gritty", we have a lot of that...

Mari Mitchell

Wet Ink
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alicenread.tumblr.com
Basically I like Grimm. LOVE Monroe.

I think the Nazi tie in might work. We will see. I am sure they meant to do that right from the start.

Okay there is one thing that gets me though, there are a lot of creatures running around. How can they be a hidden thing? Surely they would go to the doctors, or die, and someone would notice that something was different.

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
Glad to see that there's a semi-consistent storyline developing. I don't mind monster of the day for the first 1-3 episodes, but I prefer having a connected plot. It's a fun show overall, though I still consider it something of a guilty pleasure.

We're just now getting on the Supernatural bandwagon (only on season one) and honestly the shows are about equal so far. Contrivances and inconsistencies are major problems for both shows, but I think Grimm's cheese factor is -slightly- higher.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, well, maybe I'm easily amused, but I like this show. I was telling my spouse tonight I'd like to have an illustrated encyclopedia of all the bluebot creatures.

It's shot in metro Portland, Oregon, in many areas I'm familiar with, so maybe that makes it more fun for me than others.

Come on, must be some more fans out there?

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
It's okay, not on the top of my "to-watch" list. Like tonight's episode, I wanted to smack them upside the head and say: "She's a ghost, duh!"

I mean, is it really so hard to believe, with these weird hybrid human/creatures running around, that ghosts could exist, too?

And instead of a magical negro, they had a magical Mexican. :rolleyes:

Monroe's side-story was cute, even if you knew what to expect. I wish there were more halloween enthusiasts like him in my neighborhood. :D

trocadero

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carolynwoulfe.livejournal.com
This show has really grown on me. It's a kind of a cozy monster show. I think one of the reasons I like it so much is because the characters are so likable. Monroe is my absolute favorite. That scene a couple of weeks ago when he and Rosalee were in raptures about some Austrlan (?) zitherist was hilarious. He's deliciously funny. Juliet's my least favorite. Apart from the time she showed some spirit when she was kidnapped, she's a drink of water, as my mother used to say. The story's a bit silly sometimes, but I still like it.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Ah, well, maybe I'm easily amused, but I like this show. I was telling my spouse tonight I'd like to have an illustrated encyclopedia of all the bluebot creatures.

It's shot in metro Portland, Oregon, in many areas I'm familiar with, so maybe that makes it more fun for me than others.

Come on, must be some more fans out there?

I love it, but I'm also a fan of David Greenwalt's work for a long time.

There's a Grimm companion e-book.

La Llorona is an actual legend. That's one of the cool things about the show, that they can fit that stuff in.

https://www.facebook.com/NBCGrimm is the official page and they post a lot of cool stuff.

Amanda R.

She who must be obeyed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twoamericansinchina.com
I was glad that Grimm finally came back this week, but I was hating the "love triangle" plot they had going on. I think a lot of other people did too. I wonder if they took such a long break to rewrite and get it out of the story because they figured it out pretty quickly/conveniently. "Hi, Rosalee, here is the plot problem." "Oh, I know what's wrong and how to fix it!" "What would we ever do without you?!" "*smooches*" And I just adore Monroe and his bromance with Nick.

I was pretty happy to see the love triangle wrapped(wrapping) up in Grimm and the Cora plot wrapped up in Once Upon a Time. I feel like I can watch both shows next week with a clean slate.