Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tears of the Sun

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Percy Jackson. Pretty disappointing. He was irritating, an I hated what they did with Annabeth.

An Education. Nicely handled, but I thought I'd like it more than I did. It's a bit reductive and a lot less interesting after it starts to feel message-y at the end.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Repo Men

Beyond stupid, uber gross, and seems to have stolen the idea from Monty Python's, The Meaning of Life. At least, with Monty, it was funny.

kaitiepaige17

Inappropriate smiley INCOMINGGGGGG!
Registered
Reaction score
Charlie St. Cloud. I really loved it. I was surprised by how good Zach Efron's performance was. He had his goofy stare moments, but other than that I really thought the movie was great, and I bet the book is even better.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Education of Charlie Banks

I've seen it before, and I have to say, I really liked it. It was directed by Fred Durst, of all people :D I think maybe it's his one and only movie?? So far at least. But wow, he surprised me. And it stars Jason Ritter (John Ritter's kid). Man--talk about spitting image. He looks just like his dad. :(

And I think he's going to go places...he was really good in this film.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
From Paris, With Love

kids & I have seen this; mr. inky has not...to date...he still hasn't...he fell asleep.

So, we downloaded Losers on PS3 and watched that instead. VERY funny, high action...kinda, sorta, A-Team...

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
The Boys From Brazil...I tried. I really, really tried, but dh and I just couldn't get into it. The acting felt over the top and I couldn't understand half of what they were saying and there was no option available for CC so I gave up after about thirty min. I have been told it's a GREAT movie, but just not my kind of flick.

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
I saw Dinner for Schmucks yesterday. I liked it. It was stupid, funny and a little bit heartwarming.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
PlayStation 3 is offering CENTURION before it's released in theaters...download is 10.00.
Guess what I'm watching this afternoon???

Tonight, at base theater, Knight And Day (maybe)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Shadows in the Palace. Korean historical/supernatural/horror. Complex, interesting, gory, mysterious. Excellent plotting. My only difficulty was cultural--I know there were several subtle plot points I missed because I don't know the culture.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Fellini's And The Ship Sails Off

Can't stop hearing Nabucco now, but at least I know Rhino's milk is a good milk.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Life During Wartime. Yes, this is a sequel to Happiness (with an entirely different cast playing the characters!) but this is a kinder, gentler Todd Solondz, almost. There is none of the jaw-plunging shock humor of that classic movie, but there is none of the little redemption for the characters either. This is a sad, relentlessly down movie. And kudos to Ciaran Hinds as the parolee father (replacing Dylan Baker?), who had that same vibe Javier Bardem did in No Country For Old Men - the relentless stalking monster, but this time with a very tragic and quirky veneer. Very different from what I was expecting, and very well done. (Went on opening weekend worrying about watching it in a packed theater with rowdy college kids...and it was me and the usher, and one guy who wandered in late. le sigh)

Last edited:

Varthikes

Dragon Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Draconia, Orion's Arm, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way G
Yesterday, I watched The Black Hole. An interesting movie, though the ending was a little weird. But, I loved the robot characters--VINCENT and Bob.

And, Friday, I decided to watch an old childhood favorite for the first time in 15 years--The Land Before Time. Very nostalgic.

YukonMike

Look! That's my book!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fwfr.com
Capitalism: A Love Story by Michael Moore.

Normally I like Michael Moore but this flick missed the mark. I just didn't find the movie very persuasive. Some things were bad - such as companies taking out insurance policies on sick employees and making the company the beneficiary -- but generally I just watched and thought "Is that it? That's no so bad."
I kind of liked the Vulture realty company that specializes in bank foreclosures.
I guess I'm a liberal who is also a capitalist at heart.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday, I watched The Black Hole. An interesting movie, though the ending was a little weird. But, I loved the robot characters--VINCENT and Bob.

And, Friday, I decided to watch an old childhood favorite for the first time in 15 years--The Land Before Time. Very nostalgic.

I haven't seen that one for years. It's a fun film. :D