• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Paradigm Talent Agency

dakota

Walk on the wild side...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.epertase.com
I submitted my fantasy on Dec. 4. Mr. Yarn sent me a personal rejection on Feb. 1st. I am so impressed that he took the time to read my sample work that he has quickly moved to the top of my list for future queries. Unlike so many agents, he commented that though he felt my query was flawed (instead of throwing out the entire submission), he was intrigued. Unfortunately he didn't enjoy my opening pages but he still gave it a try on the idea. I am only sad that I realized the error in my opening in the months following my query to him. Too bad there is no do-overs.

DavidBrent

Registered
Reaction score
Very nice (and timely) rejection

Jason read my first ten pages and sent a personalized (really, with specific comments about my manuscript) and extremely kind rejection. Also only took him three days, which may speak poorly for my query but speaks highly of his efficiency! I'd definitely consider querying him again for a future project

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Any note on sales for Jason Yarn? Nothing's listed in any of the usual places. He seems to have passed the authenticity test since everyone sends to him, I'm just wondering how he's been doing.

mercy740

Registered
Reaction score
He took 2 months to respond to my query for a YA Fantasy. Very personalized - asking for the full. Lovely to talk to him, and he really does read the first 10 pages in-depth. I think he has a backlog.

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
Any note on sales for Jason Yarn? Nothing's listed in any of the usual places. He seems to have passed the authenticity test since everyone sends to him, I'm just wondering how he's been doing.

I'm guessing their PM page is detailed, but you need to have a subscription to view it.

WaterLilly

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have an updated full response time for Jason? Would love to know. :)

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any recent interactions with Alyssa Reuben? Sent her a query back on Jan 12th and got a request for sample chapters on the April 25th.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Sent e-query April 27th, received request for fifty page partial yesterday (June 9th).

starscape

Busy with a number of networks
Registered
Reaction score
Website
leikkanen.wordpress.com
Based on the time you reported, it usually take Mr Yarn 2 months to respond. Hmm

Queried him in January, and got the reply in March. He's the first agent that gave me a personalized answer.

Kudos.

Epiphany

Registered
Reaction score
Queried- January 18th
Request for partial - February 1st
Partial sent- February 5th
Request for full- March 4th
Sent updated version of MS upon his approval- May 18th

Still waiting for response. He's totally worth the wait, but I'm still antsy about it every single day. lol.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Epiphany! :) I know all about that antsy feeling-

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
Paradigm responses (or lack thereof)

My experience with Paradigm:
Queried Alyssa Reuben on 4/26, no response yet (as of 2.5 months later).
Queried Jason Yarn today (07/12). So we'll see!

Kristoff

Registered
Reaction score
My exprience with Jason Yarn:

Feb 25 - Query
Feb 25 - Partial Request
March 23 - I get asked by another agent for an exclusive partial. So I status request Jason because he has first dibs.
March 24 - Jason R's (jumped me up in his pile to get back to me quickly), but really detailed with excellent feedback. And remember, this is an R, people - he has nothing to gain by doing this. I say "wow, thanks" and that's all she wrote.

But

I get to thinking about what Jason said, and re-edit my first fifty pages. Then the whole ms. It becomes 100% better. And after this, I get 2 more full requests and half a dozen partials (all still pending, zzzz). And I think "wow, none of this would be happening if I'd not done those edits".

May 6 - I write Jason, (ostensibly to say thanks) and offer my revised first 50 pages.
May 6 (about an hour later) - "Sure, send em along."
July 27 - Request for Full. Air guitar.

Jason is an incredibly nice, prompt and insightful guy. He made my ms better, and had absolutely no reason to do so. Even if the current Full gets a rejection, the barrel of my YA piece is already loaded an aimed squarely for his inbox.

In a world of form rejections or 'the deafening silence means I'm not interested, but I can't even be bothered sending you a form to let you know' this guy is 100% solid gold.

BTW Sales from PM: 3 this year, one in feb, 2 in july (sf/f, sports, pop cult)

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Kristoff, that's awesome! Jason definitely rocks :). I haven't heard back yet on my partial, but even if it's a rejection I'm looking forward to the feedback. Best of luck to you on your full! :)

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Yeah, Kristoff, I had a wonderful experience with Jason, too. He gave me some great feedback that I used to revise my mss.

Freelancer

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.crystalshadeangeni.com
My experience...

Query - 7/12
Partial Request - 7/22
Partial Sent - 7/26

Present status (8/3): waiting...

I'm really curious for his feedback and review. Although it seems my new query works just fine. Thanks for the help of those who helped me to polish it. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
I was very impressed with him, too. Queried 07/29. He responded that same day asking where the book had been submitted (I was previously represented). He sent a personalized rejection today based on the sample in the query (08/03). I'd query him again.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I queried last year when he first opened to submissions and he was wonderful as far as the feedback (on a full, not sure how he does at other stages) went. He did a revise and resubmit, but still didn't feel like it was something he could sell, but said to send him the next thing. He's definitely on my query list for the WIP.

Epiphany

Registered
Reaction score
Really excited to hear back from him. Will status Q on the 17th.

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
To status check or not...

I was a finalist in a pitch line contest Jason judged this spring--he requested my Full MS, and we spoke on the phone. He was very enthusiastic and complimentary about my work. He had some suggestions for revisions (all verbal) and I resubmitted a revised MS in early June.

I've seen that a few folks here have been in contact w/ Jason this summer. And I've read that he had at least two sales--so I know he's busy.

I'm debating when to status query. Is it worth nudging? Or do I sit tight knowing he'll get back to me when he reads it? The wait is painful...I know you all know! Any advice would be great!

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Hi guys,

Quick heads up for those who were thinking of querying Jason. I sent a query today and 5 minutes later he replied back, saying that in order to evaluate the query he always requests to see the first 10 pages (in the body of the e-mail) as well. He graciously allowed me to resend the query with the 10 pages. Good luck to everyone who has a query out. -- Jamie

Last edited:

LucyWoodhull

Dial B For Bacon
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

For Paradigm, the URL says to e-mail [email protected] and send 10 pages. On Agent Query it lists Alyssa's e-mail and says two chapters.

Can anyone who queried Alyssa with any degree of success tell me which they did? Thanks and good luck!