Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I mentioned MAAH to my mum and... she didn't hate the idea. She's a fan of mysteries and murder in general. Hell, you should see the books she rents. Nearly all of them have the word "die" or "blood" in the title! haha
And there I am rabbiting on about how good it is so far...

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Before you insert the hyperlink, highlight the word you want to be hyperlinked. So I had "BLOG" written then highlighted it, pressed the "Insert Link" button and pasted the hyperlink into the text box.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to have two Word documents open on the screeen at once? I want to know this for my experiment.

ETA: Just did a bit of fiddling. Don't worry. Hopefully, I'll remember tomorrow.

Last edited:

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah you go File and open whatever it is you want, and then change the size of the page so they can both be seen on the screen. I think the edges of the window should have something that you can change size with....

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I did the 'Arrange Windows' and 'View Side by Side' thing. But thanks!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I may start playing The Sims Social on FB. Has anyone played it?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Is it just me, or can third person sometimes have more words than first person? My first paragraph in third person seems longer than the one in first person.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
The last time I did third person was for a short story. A BAD short story that did A LOT of head hopping. Ah well. Before that, I was okay with third person for most of my SF/Fantasy novels. I don't write that anymore though. I don't think I'll ever go back either.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just experimenting with it at the moment.

I love first person too, but if third person is easier when it comes to multiple POVs, I'll only use it when writing from a single POV.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Anyways, I started searching up elemental magic, like you suggested I should use last night, Tally. But all I'm getting is Wiccan stuff... Quite confusing and stuff...

But, I did notice how when I was watching OOTP with mom last night, that Dumbledore and Voldemort were having a duel, and it seemed like they were using elemental magic.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. My friend is giving me a site with some spells, and I'll tweak them around. I guess I'll ask you to translate to Scandawhatever when it's time, if you wouldn't mind ;)

ETA: Wait... Were you talking about the first part, about Wiccan stuff, or the second, with OOTP?

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I can't directly translate. I would suggest actually doing research on the like. You could even use Norse Runes.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I can't directly translate. I would suggest actually doing research on the like. You could even use Norse Runes.

Okie dokie. And, don't mind me being stupid, but what the heck is Norse Runes?

Status
Not open for further replies.