Daddy, will you buy me a new car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
My daughter is turning 22 on May 22nd and needed a new car. I had promised to help because she really needs reliable transportation. Plus she is coming to Texas with my other daughter (19y.o) next Friday and they purchased one-way tickets. I was putting off looking until the last weekend. I went to my favorite dealer, know the GM, and picked out a car for her.

Wait until she sees it? I did send her an email and she probably won't even check her mail until sometime next week. Yep, she's going to be surprised.

Little red car

A parent can go broke like this...:LilLove: What next?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Very nice. I had to wait til I could buy my own first car, this year, at the age of 33... and it's a 17 year old lemon. sigh. Oh well. I'm sure it's good for my character or something.

Anya Smith

House Dragon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alnitak-z-orionis.com
Nice car. You're such a good Dad.

My parents didn't buy me a car. I was 23 and still drove a junk. Oh well, the good old days.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
The car I purchased isn't a 2006 model, but a 2005 Dodge Neon with 15k miles. But the price was right and I got some extras thrown in.

I drive an older car because it fits my personality. If I had a choice, I'd drive a real cluncker but my son lives with me so I can't. Otherwise, I putter around in a $750 car.

I have to buy my other daughter a car by January and my son a car next year. Errr...

I too didn't have parents who could or would help me financially. I am just so glad that I can help my family, and friends.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
My wife and I bought a 2003 Dode Neon SXT (which is the same as that Neon in the picture, only with a spoiler....you know, for when the Neon goes super-fast). We bough it new in 2003, and it hasn't let us down yet. It's my wife's car, I don't drive, but it's a good car.

Very cool, though. Very lucky daughter. I'm red-headed, so if you need a stepchild to beat, you can adopt me. :)

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I like the Minis too. I'm not sure why. Certainly, my wife doesn't like them any. I think they're cool little cars. If I drove, I think I'd like to have one.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
PeeDee said:
I'm red-headed, so if you need a stepchild to beat, you can adopt me. :)
Go figure! I'm a red-head also, so I am my own stepchild? Hahahaaa...

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
SpookyWriter said:
Go figure! I'm a red-head also, so I am my own stepchild? Hahahaaa...

Does that mean you beat yourself?

.....urk.

Moving on, I spend $0.00 a month on gas. The joy of walking. Of course, the gas money comes outta my paycheck too, mind you, but that's not the point.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
PeeDee said:
Does that mean you beat yourself?

.....urk.

Moving on, I spend $0.00 a month on gas. The joy of walking. Of course, the gas money comes outta my paycheck too, mind you, but that's not the point.
Just where is it that you walk? Not the states, I take it.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Well, living in the states means I walk AROUND IN the states.... :)

I walk to work, I walk home, I walk to the Mall and the coffee shop and the bookstore (all places I write) and I walk to the Nature Reserve a mile down the road and wander the paths and get happily lost in the forest, and sometimes I just walk outta town for a few miles. All fun things to do.

AOD23

Resident Hoplite
Registered
Reaction score
Damn, I wish I had a parent like you. I'm looking at the prospect of buying my first car now...damn hard to find one when your on a budget and dont wanna have to get a loan.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Cute car! The first car I had when ex-jerk and I separated in '98 was a 1987 Cutlass Supreme POS. It became my trademark, that crappy car, especially after someone nearly totaled it for me in the middle of the night in my parking lot.

My older son just lost the clutch in his brother's POS Nissan truck. His POS Audi isn't even roadworthy right now.

Puddle Jumper

So now when you're 19 year old turns 22 she'll expect a new car too. And if you don't give her one, she'll think you like her big sister better than her. Oh the bag of worms you just opened! Have any more kids? :tongue

My dad bought each of his kids a car when we were in high school, but we're talking way old and used cars that had to go to the shop frequently. I was so happy when I finally got a real job and could buy my own and get rid of it!

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Puddle Jumper said:
So now when you're 19 year old turns 22 she'll expect a new car too. And if you don't give her one, she'll think you like her big sister better than her. Oh the bag of worms you just opened! Have any more kids? :tongue

My dad bought each of his kids a car when we were in high school, but we're talking way old and used cars that had to go to the shop frequently. I was so happy when I finally got a real job and could buy my own and get rid of it!
I do have more kids, but I fail to see the problem with giving them a head start (small) in life. My kids are and will complete university as well. Parents are supposed to sacrafice for their children, a car or paying for college is my love for them. No problems here...

Status
Not open for further replies.