Last Movie You Watched...

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Shit, I forgot about Cloverfied too. Okay, um...well this one's better than Blair Witch. We went to see Cloverfield in the theater, but had to leave after 15 minutes...I was getting sickish, Liz was sick. I can watch Shakey Cam on tv without problems, though.

Yeah, that shaky cam shouldn't be made for big-screen.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Warlock, the first one. :roll: I'd forgotten how bad this movie was. Bad acting, overflowing with 80s tropes, bad FX--although they weren't too awful for the time. How did this movie get 2 sequels?

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
Invictus.

As usual, Morgan Freeman was awesome. Matt Damon must have eaten nothing but pancakes for months beforehand!

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
Damnation Alley; I just picked up the Blu-Ray to replace my old VHS rip.

From George Peppard's awful fake accent to the killer cockroaches, it's one of those movies that just makes you wonder 'what the hell were they thinking?' and 'did they spend the multi-million dollar budget on crack?'

The most mind-boggling part is realising that it was made the same year as Star Wars and had a 50% larger budget yet it looks like a Roger Corman cheapie shot in a week for $100k.

This is one case where someone really should remake a movie, this time one that actually bears more than a very minor resemblance to the book. Or even the Judge Dredd version.

I was just gonna say...COCKROACHES!

That's all I really remember about that movie. I saw it when I was 11.

FrankiiGii

Registered
Reaction score
Ramen Girl starring Brittany Murphy. It was okay. Bottle Shock is a gem! Main Street, okay. HappyThankYouMorePlease, liked it. The Vicious Kind was good. And I just re-watched SLC Punk for the fifth or sixth time.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MI4 (Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol) - lots of fun and excitement.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Psych 9. Starring Cary Elwes and Michael Biehn, both of whom I like yet neither of whom I recognized till halfway through. Weird. Perhaps we're all getting older and chubbier/more haggard. Oh, the movie? Typical "is she the psycho killer or is she haunted/crazy/married to killer/[insert red herring here]"? Utterly predicatble ending.

zerosystem

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I saw Tower Heist during the weekend. The movie was great when Eddie Murphy was at his comedic best, but was sluggish at times when he wasn't. Also, I think its a bit sad that the movie is about a group of white guys who want to steal money but don't know how, so they seek help from a black criminal (Eddie Murphy) to do the heist. Not only that but the lockpick who has to crack the safe is also black.

Victoria

Registered
Reaction score
Tucker and Dale vs Evil. Fantesticular flick, funny as hell. I'm gonna buy it as soon as I get my electricity turned back on. The gas can wait. We got kerosene heaters.

Killgore

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.seandouglasmcardle.com
I saw Tower Heist during the weekend. The movie was great when Eddie Murphy was at his comedic best, but was sluggish at times when he wasn't. Also, I think its a bit sad that the movie is about a group of white guys who want to steal money but don't know how, so they seek help from a black criminal (Eddie Murphy) to do the heist. Not only that but the lockpick who has to crack the safe is also black.

Reminds me of the Jamie Fox character in Horrible Bosses.

kassie

Registered
Reaction score
"Puss in Boots", such a cute movie. I love kitties!
Also, I saw a movie called "Five across the eyes" on TV, possibly the worst movie ever to be honest.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
The Last Lions - Jeremy Irons narrates a kinda-sorta nature documentary about a lioness and her cubs. I don't doubt that it bears the same resemblance to nature that reality tv bears to reality, but it was still really, really good. Its many virtues included spectacular photography, excellent soundtrack and lots of footage of lions doing lion stuff.

Strongly recommended.

FrankiiGii

Registered
Reaction score
Tucker and Dale vs Evil. Fantesticular flick, funny as hell. I'm gonna buy it as soon as I get my electricity turned back on. The gas can wait. We got kerosene heaters.

Just turned it on and now I'll be closing the internet because I can already tell it deserves my full attention.

Victoria

Registered
Reaction score
Man, that sounds cool. I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip, FrankiiGii.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Innkeepers - funny and a bit chilling. Didn't love the ending...

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Loved it-now I want to see the Swedish version...