Registered
Reaction score
No. My plan! Grrr....

I have my one ideas and they're great. Take note:
:idea:

:e2fight:

:evil

:e2tongue:

Zelenka, I'm sorry to hear about your dad's got issues. I just don't get why some parents feel thy have to denigrate their kids like that. I think it is insecurity on their part, or jealously. Move to Canada--send a post card after you get there.

+1

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score

I hope you know that is an act of war.

Zelenka, I'm sorry to hear about your dad's got issues. I just don't get why some parents feel thy have to denigrate their kids like that. I think it is insecurity on their part, or jealously. Move to Canada--send a post card after you get there.

+2

Hope it gets better for you and your dad, Zelenka!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
+3

Maybe your dad's just worried and it's manifesting poorly. Either way, follow your instincts/heart/desire, eh?

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Robert Bly wrote a book about the Baby Boomers having a tendency toward having a sibling rivalry with their own kids.

It's called "Sibling Society". I found it interesting. It went a long way toward explaining my father's relationship with me.

Not sure if it applies to your father Zelenka, but this conversation reminded me of that book.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I have a day off! I've been working with children who have special educational needs which is rewarding but exhausting. I cannot write when I teach - punctuation, grammar, spelling and tense all go out the window! And vocabulary - in one class a little lad started to misbehave and another lad sitting at the front of the class looked at me and said "He can't help it miss, he is acoustic."

The journey to work yesterday was fun! I was about nine miles from the school when the traffic came to a standstill - we all had to turn round and go back the way we came as there had been a four car collision. It took me about an hour to drive five and a half miles. The alternative route was all fouled up as there had been an accident in the town centre. Instead of driving thirty two miles to work I drove nearly seventy. Blech.

Zelenka go to Canada. I hope you achieve success there and that your father realizes he has an incredibly talented daughter.

HJ and MW fighting over chocolate? There really is no point as whilst you were squabbling I took it all! muahahahahahaha!

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
HistorySleuth there were no car parks. Worse, no shops. I did take a pit stop - memory of it makes me shudder! I did think of taking the coast road - but all the roads leading to it were fouled up. Sigh . . . put it down to experience.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes Shakes! That sounds dreadful.

I am speaking to you on my handy dandy speech to text software, because I have once again blown out my hand. Not sure what happened, but I think most of the tendons are shot. :-(

In other news, has anyone seen French lately? French, we are thinking about you!

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
I envision HJ keeping attendance with a spreadsheet of our names down one side and the dates across the top.

After one of us doesn't post for a week or two she pulls out the truancy stick and starts lookin'. :evil

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
That's bad, right?

:gone:

:D

I love you guys and worry when you go missing!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks folks. I've escaped now and am happily sitting in the sun just a few kms from Rome, doing notes for my WIP. Dealing with dad is so much easier from here... ;)

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks folks. I've escaped now and am happily sitting in the sun just a few kms from Rome, doing notes for my WIP. Dealing with dad is so much easier from here... ;)

I'm not jealous, nope, not me...:e2bummed:

Good luck with the notes, Zelenka.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score

Sounds lovely, you jet-setter, you! :Sun:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds lovely, you jet-setter, you! :Sun:

Just had to say, it was so lovely. The conference was at a hotel in Fiuggi, little spa town about an hour from Rome. Got a chance to speak to a couple of writers there (who do both script and prose) and somehow it's always a wee confidence boost when people actually take you seriously when you say you're trying to be a writer. Got some really good advice and some book reccs from them, and had the chance to talk to my actor / muse (and not just to drool either, asked him about the school in Canada as he works in the industry there, basically had he heard of it or knew anyone who'd been there, and turns out he has a friend teaches on the acting course and it seems to have a really good reputation).

Also met a girl from Vienna, who it turned out had studied law then gone to work in theatre, and was going to LA next year to go to film school, as opposed to me, who worked in theatre, studied law, and is going to Vancouver next year to film school! So weird, we had almost exactly the same life! So we're going to keep in touch and since I'm doing screenwriting, she's doing production, we're joking about making our own company when we graduate. I'll write 'em, she'll film 'em.

Only thing is now I'll have to go back to reality and am working a double shift tonight!

But it is a little easier to write when this is the view you're looking at, I must say - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/spaceweavil/245.jpg

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Zelenka your weekend sounds very productive. Go you! That is a lovely view. My view is not so good - an Eucalyptus tree, a bramble and a dead shrub the name of which I have forgotten. Curtain is closed though, as the early morning sun is too bright and blinding.

I am taking today off. Work yesterday was another stupid journey - lorries creeping at 20mph, a tractor that looked lost and then traffic works.

Time for second breakfast . . .

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But it is a little easier to write when this is the view you're looking at, I must say - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...weavil/245.jpg

Nice view, Zelenka. It's a wonder you got any work done at all.:D

It's a beautiful day here today so I've taken my laptop outside to work. At the moment it's really peaceful, just me, the laptop and my dog with his head on my bare toes. Maybe the muse will come visit too.

How are the hands today, HJ?

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
A lot better, thanks. :)

Unfortunately, I just got home from the vet and we're going downhill significantly with the Old Man. :( We've tried every trick, including some not yet legal in this country, to stave off the arthritis, and all we can do now is keep him as comfortable as possible. :(

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
Zelenka, that's awesome. Very jealous. ;) But how inspirational for you and your writing, very cool.

HJ, sorry about the "old man." Starting to move into that phase here with our lab. No fun, my sympathies.

Sassy3421

Plotting murder..most of the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sassy3421.blogspot.com
Hey everyone, it's been far too long. I see a lot of you have been going through "life" - not always fun.

HJ, sorry to hear about both your wrists and your "Old Man" :( Dogs rule! (sorry to the cat people)

Doc Brown, you're published now! :D

Zelenka, hi in Rome! And I hear you about parent "issues". Mine don't agree with my writing genre.

Anyway, guys I just wanted to "pop" in and say hi to everyone. I'm keeping busy. I just finished writing my eighth novel ;D And now, I'm working on edits for another book, which is set to release this summer.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Sassy!!!!! :hi:Hey there!!! Glad to see you plowing out the books.

Shakes, I hear ya, it tis tractor season once again---about a month early around here because we had a mild winter and it was warm the last couple weeks.

Course it's been chilly the last few days. Apple growers are very worried as some of there trees were budding. I saw on the news they had their heater pots out in the orchards trying to keep the air warmer over night. I have a small baby flowering tree, very small and short still, only two years old that I covered last night. I left it on as it is starting to bud too, and it's dipping down again tonight.

Jude, I hope "the old man" is resting comfortably. :Hug2:

Last edited:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Sassy! (The Old Man is a cat, btw. :tongue)

He's doing okay, History. I never count him out. We almost lost him 2 years ago (insulin shock or whatever you call it) and I've been preparing myself ever since, while appreciating every extra second. :)