Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alinzar

Homework? Hahahaha, right...
Registered
Reaction score
To the first two questions, I'm 15 (almost 16) and I write High Fantasy

Lent starts on Ash Wednesday and ends on Easter. Always.

Easter is calculated as the sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. Ash Wednesday is 40 week days and however many Sundays that includes before. Lent is the time in between.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
...wait, what?

-only reason she cares about Easter is school holidays-

No, but I know Mardi Gras, because I'm a Quebecer. And I know what Lent is and what Easter is and all, it just... doesn't affect me.

:tongue Hi, I'm Tally

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Hey dys!

I'm good. I jumped into rewriting CMRH when I hadn't meant to lol. I think it's going okay. I YAWNed in a private forum I'm a part of, and I'm waiting for responses. Meep.

ETA: Oops. I only realized now that you posted 2 hours ago lol.

It's a slow Saturday morning, I guess.

Last edited:

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Hi Karla!

Diving into rewrites is good! I'm inching closer and closer to the finish line with my dystopian fantasy rewrite a.k.a. The Novel That Is Trying To Kill me. Progress is good.

And no worries, I'm in and out today, too. Must be a weekend thing. Happy writings everyone!

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome you're almost done with your rewrite! WOOT! *leads a cheer as a cheerleader* LOL

YAY the other people YAWNing liked my opening.

Also, I wasn't meant to start this rewrite until I figured out what scenes to keep/add/cut. I was planning to rewrite almost all the scenes I need to keep to get a cleaner/smoother/tighter draft since my writing has improved since I've been working on it last year. But I do know I'm keeping the first couple of scenes , so I guess jumping in isn't so bad lol

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
When I go home I'm going to get out MAAH, get out a notebook, and edit the hell out of that first chapter. Once I'm happy with it, I'll move on, and keep going.

I have to do homework too, though... Study for chem and algebra, and loads of psychology. And practice bass clarinet.

But I still have Hairspray.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys. :)

I am wearing an EPIC NEW DR WHO T-SHIRT. :D

Don't know what I want to do writing-wise tonight. :3

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
That so much.

I'm trying to make a new Fanfiction.net account (unless my email affects it), but I can't pick a pen name. Suggestions on how to pick one?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm using Michelle Lewis -- my middle name mixed with CS Lewis -- probably my biggest influence.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know where to start reading in terms of what first, so I'm going to wait until I can find out my friends' pen names.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Tally, I hear you. I've been on two different treatments for acne. It sucks.

Habs against the Leafs tonight... Tension is high in my house. Dad cheers for the Leafs, and Mom, my sister and I are for the Habs. A little competition is going on here...

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all!

I have acne problems, too. I just ignore it now and simply wash my face with regular face soap and that's that.

The rewriting is going SUPER well. I'm definitely in the honeymoon stage :D

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
For some reason, my laptop decided to switch itself off a few minutes later.

ETA: And now I am going to bed.

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
So far, I think The Lodger is the best episode in Series 5. I haven't finished it yet, but it's hilarious.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know exact measurements or anything, but it sounds like it would definitely turn your umbrella inside out :tongue

If you weren't expecting it, it'd probably knock you over a little; maybe you wouldn't fall, but you'd stumble. I think a person could stay standing through it, depending on how strong they are. Is this for TAJ? I remember you saying your characters were on the small side because (I think) they weren't getting that much food and so were rather weak, so they might need to hold hands or hold onto each other to stand well. They'd probably need to squint to see.

Honestly, if they wanted to fight the dragon they'd have to get out of the area immediately affected by it's wings, because standing in that wind would take all the effort they had and they wouldn't be able to see it anyway. Could they climb in a tree or get some sort of elevation? That might help. If they aren't trained in that sort of thing, they would have to fight from a distance, and could probably only wound it enough to get by- unless they have a way you've thought of. Maybe one could try and get some elevation and throw stones in its eyes, blinding it? It's a bit of a stretch, but hey, what's fiction for?

Then again, it's fiction. There's magic and swords and dragons aren't real, so you could decide it's weaknesses. Maybe it's neck is really thin and easy to slice through. Or maybe you already know how they'll deal with it. Maybe they befriend it!

I hope this helps!

Yeah this is what i figured. Instead of going into crazy detail (because i happens at night) the wind scares the horse Evy's on and bucks . She falls to the ground underneath the dragon and its flapping wings and covers her eyes from the debris, then it swoops down and snatches her horse, flying it away where it will eat it!

When they get to the bigger dragons i'm going to have to do more Math/research behind wind force.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
The college kids who live on my street are having a party. So. Much. Noise. *rage*

In other news... hi. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.