Last Movie You Watched...

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Watched the remake of Night of the Living Dead on Friday night. Worth watching as far as remakes go.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. This is the only HP movie that I hadn't seen yet (except of course for the ones not out), and it was quite good. I did not like the Burrows scene though. I understand they have to cut things from a 600 book to make it fit, but to add stuff? What was the point? It did nothing for the story.

Then we watched Robin Hood, the newer one with Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett. I liked it, though it was a bit long. Definitely a different take than any other Robin Hood movie I have seen.

JRainey

Fierce Ghost Hunter
Registered
Reaction score
Paranormal Activity 2. Not terrible. It was fun, at least, and it did connect to the first one well, I thought. The audience this time around was screaming things at the screen the entire time, though, which took away the scary and made it downright hilarious. An enjoyable experience. :p

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
There was a double bill of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire.

As with the books, the first one was a bit better. However, it was slightly marred by the wierdest dub (from swedish) ever. Some of the characters had scandinavian accents, naturally enough. But some had British accents and Salander (One of the main characters who's never set foot out of sweden) sounded American!

The second one, with original audio and subtitles was therefore an easier watch.

Also, from the book, I got the impression that the dragon tattoo was a rather discreet, shoulder-blade to neck affair. Rather than the full-body, Dolarhyde style thing. But, swings and roundabouts.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Zardoz is the perfect horror movie. Everytime I suspect we're closer to see little Sean I clinge from my seat and I hear the Jaws theme somewhere.

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
Buried.

Enjoyed it a lot. That's the kind of movie screenwriter's guides describe as limited location, limited cast.
The ending was unexpected and so was the time we spent in the box with Ryan Reynolds. I was expecting flashbacks and scenes showing the activity outside with people trying to save him.
Also, why did they have to shoot this movie in Spain? They could've done it in Ryan's garden in LA if he has one.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Killing Me Softly with Heather Graham and Joseph Fiennes. (Dang, that boy is hot)

Murder, suspense, sexy thriller. It was predictable but decent and Joseph Fiennes naked is always a good thing.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Also, why did they have to shoot this movie in Spain? They could've done it in Ryan's garden in LA if he has one.
The director (Rodrigo Cortes) and crew were all Spanish. One of the production companies was also based in Spain.

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
Everybody's Fine.
A weak remake of the excellent Italian movie 'Stanno Tutti Bene' by Cinema Paradiso director Giuseppe Tornatore.
Again, Robert De Niro in a movie he could have done without.

Eudoxia

The Undead Bookworm
Registered
Reaction score
Scary Movie. It was on T.V and I was bored. Not a very good movie, but I still had a couple of laughs every now and then.

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
Unstoppable.
Good stuff. Working-class heroes doing the unthinkable. Don't know enough about trains to know whether their tactics were all nonsense, but hey, it looked good on screen.

Also saw trailers for Rango, The Tourist, Love & Other Drugs, The Next Three Days. All exciting to some extent, even if some are not my cup of tea.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo - Terrific. A little slow here and there, but it grabs you and pulls you along.

The Last Airbender - Ugh. Awful. Bad writing, bad acting, and bad directing. A perfect trifecta of badness.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Tangled. Thought the trailers were cheesy, but the movie was surprisingly good. The animation is AMAZING, and the story is great. Sure, Disney copies themselves (you can see bits and pieces of The Little Mermaid, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Aladdin, etc.) but hey, it's Disney. As a family film, I think it's very funny and entertaining (the adults can enjoy the comedy and romance, too).

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
On TV: Paycheck, the John Woo movie of the Philip K Dick story.
Usually, I love both, but this was rather average, apart from the basic idea. Can't blame Dick for the movie, I guess.

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
On Cable - The Expendables. What trash! Willis and Arnold do their stupid cameos and both look a bit long in the tooth. And Rambo looks like he outta be in a wheelchair - forgot how ugly he is!!!!!