WANTED! blogging friends!

Samball49

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! so I recently started posting here on AW and the reason for that was primarily to meet new blogging friends. I just started my own blog and if anyone wants I would do a subscribe for subscribe thing. Also I'm interested in what people think about my style of writing. Thanks in advance for all your love!

JohnFigaro

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, this is my blog, JohnFigaro.com, I haven't posted anything relevant on it as yet. But I will be soon enough. I think your writing is good. I like the way you put " defeated eyes" in your short story. It was a nice touch. Do you have a facebook? Also, Is there anyone else here who has a blog?

slhuang

Inappropriately math-oriented.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
Hi Samball! I'm new to AW, so take this for what it's worth, but I'm finding the best way to find blogs I like to follow is by participating in discussions and clicking on the links in people's sigs when I feel like they're saying interesting things. I've only been on AW a few days but I've already subscribed to a bunch of new blogs. (And I've already noticed new followers coming in to my blog from AW, mostly from discussions unrelated to blogging.)

So my recommendation for finding new blogging friends is to be active around the boards. :) That said, your blog looks fun (love the cinnamon bun post), and I did subscribe. See you around the boards!

Samball49

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words and I subscribed to you too! I will keep looking around the boards!

Amanda R.

She who must be obeyed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twoamericansinchina.com
Hi Samball! I'm new to AW, so take this for what it's worth, but I'm finding the best way to find blogs I like to follow is by participating in discussions and clicking on the links in people's sigs when I feel like they're saying interesting things. I've only been on AW a few days but I've already subscribed to a bunch of new blogs.

I've done the same thing! Been here less than a week and have found several new blogs to follow and even gotten some free books.

RobertEvert

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robertevert.com
Hey guys! so I recently started posting here on AW and the reason for that was primarily to meet new blogging friends. I just started my own blog and if anyone wants I would do a subscribe for subscribe thing. Also I'm interested in what people think about my style of writing. Thanks in advance for all your love!

I'll look at you posts asap. I'm sure they're great.

BlueCricket

Registered
Reaction score
I'll read your blog. It looks like good food for thought. There's another food blogger out there. I forgot his name, but he does cuisine from all over the world. Its great. He just recently did Cuban, yum.

Kenra Daniels

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenradaniels.com
FWIW, the subscribe for subscribe method pushes up your numbers of subscribers and does little else. In general, those who subscribe to your blog this way only rarely visit.

This is fine if you just want a higher number there for others to see. If you want people reading your content and interacting with your blog, it takes a little more work. As several others said, interact on the boards here and visit blogs, write great content, add the links to each new post to your Facebook, G+, Twitter, etc. Joining blog hops is a good way to get new traffic to see your great content, and some of those visitors will subscribe/follow.

Building an active and meaningful blogging community takes time and work.