Give me attention!!

acockey

Bronies, Bronies Everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
This http://gawker.com/5961208/revenge+p...dium=recirculation&utm_campaign=recirculation

is an article about this revenge troll Hunter Moore, trying to get more of his 15 minutes. Is it me or are there an increase of people who are saying look at me? And an increase of people who are saying "pay me and people will look at you"? What happened to people being okay with just be teacher/doctor/lawyer/ etc. without a spot light

Full disclosure, I do run a moderately successful, in it's own, way podcast. I am partly guilty of this.

Follow-up: Since when do I need a Mommy Blogger to tell me how to be a parent?

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
There have always been people shouting 'look at me, look at me.' It's part of the human condition. The big change has been the internet. Not only are attention seekers enabled, there are more people with more opportunity to look.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
That lad will end up lynched, sued or in prison. Possibly all three.

acockey

Registered
Reaction score
@Priene as I read in the comments section apparently he is protect from legal action because the submitter is the one providing the information on the "revenged" person... but I agree with your sued or dead assesment

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
If I understand, he's posting pictures of people nekkid who did not give permision for the picture to be posted, nor permission for their personal info to be shared. It's someone's ex giving it? How would that allow him to escape liability?

I would imagine, if we're talking about an asshat who is willing to do such a thing to his ex, it's not beyond reason that a picture could get posted that the subject never even consented to being taken. While she's asleep and such.

And why is this buttwad doing this?

acockey

Registered
Reaction score
@Vince524 I think you answered your own question with the word buttwad

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
The worst thing about Hunter Moore is how many girls love him. He has so many groupies and gets more ass than a toilet seat. One of my favorite authors turned out to be following Hunter Moore's twitter and it made me want to throw away all of his books.

Seraph

Registered
Reaction score
figaroooooooooooooo

Last edited:

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
@missesdash what if that Author had an auto follow back thing going?

He doesn't.

Some people watch Game of Thrones and think the Lannisters are the good guys. If people are very authoritarian they're more likely to side with bullies than the bullied, to stay on power's side, regardless whether the power's a douche. This might have something to do with it.

It's more your average groupie following. Any guy with a lot of attention has groupies, regardless of whether the attention is negative or positive. A lot of them hoped he'd put them up on the website. Others were/are just suckers for unwashed, unapologetically douchey "bad boys."

See Bam Margera.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
This reminds me of Joe Francis, the Girls Gone Wild guy. My city was graced with his presence just last week, as he showered his douchiness on our courts. Many years ago, they were filming in a local hot spot, and one of the cameramen lifted a girl's shirt. She can be seen trying to pull it down, and saying no, but the footage was included in the video and sold anyway.

She won her lawsuit, but he won't pay. He was an obnoxious twit in court last week, pleading the 5th about a billion times.