Status
Not open for further replies.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Nastiest piece of first aid I ever had to perform: one of the guys had been watching too many Hollywood movies and put his Browning Hi-Power in the waistband of his trousers. Whereupon he immediately said a noisy and explosive farewell to his left testicle. Performing first aid on that was...well, just horrible, actually.

Didn't stop everyone whistling the Colonel Bogey March* the next time he showed up on parade, mind.

*The one they whistle in 'The Bridge on the River Kwai'. The one that, during WW2, was sung with the lyrics "Hitler has only got one ball..."

Well, it's wasn't everything at least. Did you read about the guy who shot all his equipment off in a car in the US?

First of all, horrible gun safety practices on him.

Second, ow.

Wait, didn't this happen in the army BM? Isn't it a major thing that they know how to use their firearms safely enough to injure the enemy and not themselves?

I can understand a civilian who only uses the thing to look like a macho idiot injuring himself like that, but someone trained in it's use?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Had a neighbor get drunk, and shot his own foot off. I didnt' see it, though. I was just told when I was a girl to stay away from his house. He made his living cooking up homemade hootch, and was liable to shoot first, ask questions later.

No. Not kidding.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's wasn't everything at least. Did you read about the guy who shot all his equipment off in a car in the US?
*crosses legs* Can the conversation possibly not get into "who's heard of the grossest junk injury?" territory. I'm begging you not to let that happen.

ION: I've just finally bothered to look up anything about Skyfall... I shouldn't have found out what Q looks like. Dude's just FAR too attractive for his own good. :D

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
*crosses legs* Can the conversation possibly not get into "who's heard of the grossest junk injury?" territory. I'm begging you not to let that happen.

ION: I've just finally bothered to look up anything about Skyfall... I shouldn't have found out what Q looks like. Dude's just FAR too attractive for his own good. :D

Let me just say that there are grosser ways to injure your junk than with guns and leave it at that. ;)

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Also, kitty cat is having twitchy kitty dreams. He's so cute XD

And kitten bones are so small. I'm a bit afraid to touch his legs like this - I feel like I could snap them if I wasn't careful

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* American Horror Story: Asylum has pretty much only just ended and I'm already tired of waiting for the next season. This show is just too damn good.

On the subject, I really do need to start writing that horror novella I've had knocking around in my head now. It was largely sparked off by AHS anyway...

Also on the subject, I'm getting tired of waiting for season 3 of Teen Wolf too. Why do TV shows have to go so long between seasons? It's not fair!

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Words were had Cantina! Though now I forget how many. *sigh*

One of the women I partner with is 4'11". She can handle those big guys, too. I promise, you could do it!

Most places will have separate classes for adults. Really, my Krav Maga place is 90 percent adult classes. Karate is big for kids because it's also about building discipline, etc. Also: Most beginners' classes have a majority of women, which is nice, too, for the first classes.
Well if the mood ever catches me, maybe I'll consider it. I'm always looking for different things to do.

Ow. Wow, no matter how bad I have it, I now know someone has it worse finding (and keeping) bras than I do.
My friend is an F cup. She knows all about bra difficulties.

Work tomorrow so early bed time. Goodnight everyone!

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score

Yeah, I can't help but to agree a little... :scared:

Also, kitty cat is having twitchy kitty dreams. He's so cute XD

And kitten bones are so small. I'm a bit afraid to touch his legs like this - I feel like I could snap them if I wasn't careful

:e2cloud9: Cute kitties being cute! :e2cloud9:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
very tired, and very hurty. So i'm off to bed. You people be good while I'm gone..

Okay. I ask too much. You don't have to try to be good, but please, don't burn anything down without waking me up first. I have marshmallows!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Does anyone want to take part in the Next Big Thing blog hop? I have a post going up tomorrow, and I can tag folks.

All you have to do is, sometime in a week from now-ish answer the following questions about a WIP on your blog:
What is the working title of your book?

Where did the idea come from for the book?

What genre does your book fall under?

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Let me know and I'll tag you into the insanity!

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Took the puppy into the vet today. He's injured his back paw and got it infected. Vet gave him some shots, and then:

"Okay, now keep him inside and quiet for the next five days":dire:

He's a border collie. He doesn't do quiet. Ever. :gaah He does jumprunballballball
ballball!!!!!!!!!!!!ball!!!!!!!!!!BAAAAAAAALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This is going to be such fun.

Black-Marlin

Avoiding cliches like the plague
Registered
Reaction score
Website
starlingford.wordpress.com
Wait, didn't this happen in the army BM? Isn't it a major thing that they know how to use their firearms safely enough to injure the enemy and not themselves?

I can understand a civilian who only uses the thing to look like a macho idiot injuring himself like that, but someone trained in it's use?

Not the Army - the Marines. And despite the training, some macho idiots still appear. And when they hurt themselves as a result, they get no sympathy at all. (This guy, despite a fairly serious injury, wound up on punishment detail for I don't know how long afterwards. We took firearms safety pretty seriously, and also took an exceedingly dim view of anyone who didn't share that ethos).

Black-Marlin

Avoiding cliches like the plague
Registered
Reaction score
Website
starlingford.wordpress.com
Does anyone want to take part in the Next Big Thing blog hop? I have a post going up tomorrow, and I can tag folks.

All you have to do is, sometime in a week from now-ish answer the following questions about a WIP on your blog:
What is the working title of your book?

Where did the idea come from for the book?

What genre does your book fall under?

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Let me know and I'll tag you into the insanity!

I'm on board with this! Sounds like fun :partyguy:

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
After this I'll be making honey and beeswax lip balm with peppermint, eucalyptus, lemon, lavender and orange essential oils so it's only going to get more fragrant. :D

Yay free battery! Yay candles!

And how do you make your honey and beeswax stay blended? I have such a hard time with it. Half the time I end up with beeswax that sweats honey and the other half I can't figure out what I did differently. :)

Speaking of being unSuper, can somebody tell me in advance whether the boiling mixture of cooking oil, cheap soy sauce, and water that I spilled down the front of my favourite sweatshirt today is gonna stain or come out in the wash?

Yes. Pre-treat it with grease-cutting dish detergent mixed with a little baking soda and applied with a sponge. :) (wash within about an hour if you use the blue or green dish soap).

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
My twelve-year-old niece just named the puppy we're keeping for ourselves. She named it Marcus Junius Brutus.

I think my family is weird. Well-educated, but weird.

ETA: On the way out the door, my youngest son objected to the name. His exact words: "I thought we used GREEK names, not ROMAN!"

Last edited:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Friends!

I just finished the first draft of the Secret Short. I think I will begin editing it tonight. Hopefully it won't take too much to edit. Got to reformat it, but, hopefully, that will be the biggest task.

How are y'all?

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Why is it even when I know what I want to write my brain refuses to let me actually type any of it?

*glares at blank page* I hate you...

Shenanigans!

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Hounded by Kevin Hearne

That book is the shit.

I have problems with each book in the series, but despite that I can't stop liking them, the pros beat the cons.

Hoping to get into a flurry of writing soon. My nights have been mostly taken up with my early essay prep which takes more time than studying or writing the essay themselves. I'm hoping this weekend to have my essay outlines out of the way so I can have a week to focus on writing before studying for midterms becomes an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.