Women in Horror Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to participate, if just because I firmly believe we women of horror should stick together in order to disabuse the world of the notion that women don't read or write horror..

However, I am not sure I can commit to a whole month of posts.

What I would like to do, though, is to post links to the website/links of other Women of Horror on my blog. And hopefully come up with some intelligent blog posts on this topic.

I think I will start by collecting links. So, if you're a woman who writes horror, send me your link and I will make sure I feature it!

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
@Shara--oh, you don't have to do a whole month. Whatever you want to contribute is awesome.

@dgrintalis--thanks for the offer! If I can think of a good topic, I'll definitely let you know.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone wants to do a guest post on my blog, give me a shout! My pages are open! :)

Sounds great! But you do want to keep people reading your blog, right? lol...I'm too boring to be on anyone's blog. ;)

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone wants to do a guest post on my blog, give me a shout! My pages are open! :)

I'm up for doing a blog post for you - I'm a blatant publicity tart!

Any preference as to when or topic?

Shara

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, put up links of fellow WiH bloggers in my blog. Let me know if you have a blog up about it and I missed you. ;)

Cool, Haggis! You sweet undead doggie, you. :)

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
I had several ideas for posts and just couldn't decide. So I'm gonna do a few throughout the month.

First up is Luke Walker's favorite female characters in horror films.
Thanks for the guest post, Seun!

I think I'm going to do a separate post with all the links from this blog chain.

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
I'm up for doing a blog post for you - I'm a blatant publicity tart!

Any preference as to when or topic?

Shara

I'm sorry, I haven't visited this thread in a few days! Obviously. ;)

I have someone posting on the 17th and someone else on the 22nd. Everything else is open! Same thing with topic. Whatever you want with respect to women and horror.

I will send my email address via reppie, so you have it!

Last edited:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had several ideas for posts and just couldn't decide. So I'm gonna do a few throughout the month.

First up is Luke Walker's favorite female characters in horror films.
Thanks for the guest post, Seun!

I think I'm going to do a separate post with all the links from this blog chain.
I have updated my link list!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
lol! I have your link in my blog already, Bri. Even w/o you mentioning it. :p

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
OK, I've decided to do a three-part series, over the next three Wednesdays (because that co-incides with my WriteClub blog slot).

Part 1 is up now.

Parts 2 and 3 will include links to flag contemporary women horror writers - give me a shout if you want to make sure I include you and your link!

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, I've decided to do a three-part series, over the next three Wednesdays (because that co-incides with my WriteClub blog slot).

Part 1 is up now.

Parts 2 and 3 will include links to flag contemporary women horror writers - give me a shout if you want to make sure I include you and your link!
Cool. I updated the links on my post to reflect this. :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
So far, I count seven of us in this, at least that's how many links I have, six and then me. Hope I haven't left anyone out.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Great interview! Read and replied. I'm going to pick up that anthology on my next trip to B&N.

And now, I'll be checking your links round up to see if/what I missed, and update my own blog.

@DG: I have a blog post idea floating around concerning the Bechdel Test as it relates to horror, but I haven't quite organized my thoughts on it yet... If I can get something worked out, when would you need it by, assuming I can do a guest post on your blog?

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Part 2 of my Women In Horror homage is up - forgot to post link yesterday. Here it is.

dgrintalis, I am being very disorganised. I shall try and get a post to you this weekend. Fortunately February has an extra day this year....

Status
Not open for further replies.