How'd You Find This Site?

James McElroy

AXEL
Registered
Reaction score
Website
terectio.com
I was looking for info on whether I should post any of my WIP online on a site. An article said to come here and post instead of posting on random sites. And I found this awesome site.

staysong

Meow!
Registered
Reaction score
I was googling Beta readers, and found AW linked on Wikipedia. I've found so much more here than just a possibility of beta readers, though. I can't believe I didn't find this place earlier.

GeorgiePenn

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.georgiepenn.blogspot.com
I couldn't get to sleep the other night and was thinking about how cool it would be if I could find a writers forum. So I typed "writer forum" into Google and this was one of the first ones to show up. I was amazed at how many there is though!

Toimu

Hallo!
Registered
Reaction score
Yahoo answers while looking for a site like this.

serabeara

Very Necessary
Registered
Reaction score
I was googling for info about epublishers and came across this site, and was hooked. Lurked for a bit then finally registered for an account.

Karencal68

Registered
Reaction score
Back in September (2010) I was google searching about agents and book publishers and after reading several blogs that did not sound very promising I have a blog post that had a link to this site and I figured "Well it can't hurt to try it out" I am just now reading different posts and information, hopefully it will be helpful.

Henksbird

Let us be thankful for the fools
Registered
Reaction score
While researching agents via Google, I was frequently directed here...

Callista Melaney

Registered
Reaction score
I was reading Beth Revis' writing section in her website and she mentioned AW so I came to check it out!

Astronomer

I'm an excellent poofreader.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.androidastronomer.com
I found this site while doing research on a particular agent. I feel like I've found a home. (Well, at least a place I can unbutton my collar and take off my shoes.)

ReneeMJ

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneeamiller.blogspot.com
Three years ago I published with PA. *gasp!* I know. I found this site soon after and I've kind of been lurking since. Don't know why it never dawned on me to join...slow I suppose. I blame the cold weather.

Clockwise

Registered
Reaction score
I was reading sample query letters on sites like Query Shark and I kept hearing about "Query Hell" on Absolute Write. Found Absolute Write but it took me forever to find Query Hell because I didn't realize it was in a hidden and locked forum! I eventually figured it out and joined. :)

BrotherCarrie

New man: have patience.
Registered
Reaction score
A supporter of my efforts found the site for me. It was one among several similar sites, and I chose this for its superior balance of utility, encouragement, and fun.

Aurora Falsestart

So, you think you're a Romeo?
Registered
Reaction score
Nicely put, Brother Carrie- so far, I agree with your evaluation.

I found this site while trying to locate information on the legitimacy of an assistant who requested material on behalf of an agent.

Last edited:

Skyler

Ninja kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I was arguing with myself over a time travel plot and randomly typed "plot help" into my search bar. Google led me here and I immediately fell for the comprehensive arsenal of writing advice. (Still haven't decided whether or not to ask for help on the plot though. ;))

gardor

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for a place to find a resolution to some issues I was having with the creative process. This looks like a nice place to do so.

Sandema

Registered
Reaction score
Found it when in another place someone said it was the best place for writers I had never heard of it. I hope to learn and grow!